Returnal: Auto Overload/Reload (Computer Vision)

Documentation, usage tips and configuration guides for Titan Two scripts and bytecodes published by the community users.

Returnal: Auto Overload/Reload (Computer Vision)

Postby mdnpascual » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:52 am

This Computer Vision script is used to automatically press R2 while reloading to achieve a faster reload or chain shots much faster than normal.

Needs Returnal Helper Script to work in conjunction: https://www.consoletuner.com/greslib/?w2554

Only tested using Playstation Remote Play at 1080p

Setup:
1. Follow the steps to setup Computer Vision for GTuner here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15147
2. After you have finished step 1, Create a new Video Input
3. Select Display Capture
4. Click Detect Display and select the display where PS Remote play is running in Full Screen
5. On the Video Input Configuration, modify the values to only capture a part of the crosshair. Something like this:

Try to only capture as small as possible to keep the Computer Vision FPS as much as possible. I usually just use 320 x 50

5.a Video Input Configuration Values Explained
The values on the notation A:B:C:D
A: Starting Absolute X position of the screen
B: Starting Absolute Y position of the screen
C: Width in Pixels
D: Height in Pixels

So let's say you have 2 4K displays (3840 x 2160) and remote play is on the 2nd monitor on your right.

A: 3840 + (3840 / 2) - (320 / 2) = 5600
B: 0 + (2160 / 2) - (50 / 2) = 1055
C: 320
D: 50

So for this example, the values there will be 5600:1055:320:50. You can increase Values C and D if you want, but try to keep the FPS > 30 as much as possible since remote play runs at 30fps.

6. Before running the script, modify the script and ctrl+F "self.debug = False". Change False to True
7. Run the script. Try firing until your weapon goes on cooldown, the 2 white bars (at the top and bottom of the square crosshair) should lineup to your crosshair and look like this

8. You can either modify the values on step 5 if the crosshair is way off, or if the crosshair is already visible but not aligned with the screenshot above, modify the self.offsetX and self.offsetY on the script

9. If everything is correct, the computer vision script should now fire for you to overload when needed.

Video in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L1X5kVQcBk

How it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMRk2CRHhQk

mdnpascual
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Returnal: Auto Overload/Reload (Computer Vision)

Postby yohimbe » Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:40 am

Hello mdnpascual,

first, thanks for your Returnal script.

But unfortunately I tried now several hours and I dont get it to work. Maybe you could help me with that?

Setup worked all good. My problem are the values, I dont really understand how this works. I dont have 4K so thats (math prob :/) two HD displays (1920/1080)

So I tried combos like
2720:1055:320:50
2720:1055:100:25
25:100:2720:1055

But it wont work. I dont get the cutout focused on that crosshair. That scanning animation always stays in top left corner. But I think script and setup is good, except the values.

Maybe you got that missing hint. Help much appreciated =)

regards
-yo

EDIT:
Thats the closest I can get changing the offset values. But scanning is still in top left corner.

no.png
no.png (35.15 KiB) Viewed 2894 times
yohimbe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby mdnpascual » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:24 pm

yohimbe wrote:Hello mdnpascual,

first, thanks for your Returnal script.

But unfortunately I tried now several hours and I dont get it to work. Maybe you could help me with that?

Setup worked all good. My problem are the values, I dont really understand how this works. I dont have 4K so thats (math prob :/) two HD displays (1920/1080)

So I tried combos like
2720:1055:320:50
2720:1055:100:25
25:100:2720:1055

But it wont work. I dont get the cutout focused on that crosshair. That scanning animation always stays in top left corner. But I think script and setup is good, except the values.

Maybe you got that missing hint. Help much appreciated =)

regards
-yo

EDIT:
Thats the closest I can get changing the offset values. But scanning is still in top left corner.

no.png

I think I know the problem is. I only tested this on my 4K monitor so this is a matter of scaling. I'm going to try and update the code and see if I can make a toggle for 4k and 1080p
mdnpascual
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby mdnpascual » Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:32 pm

I created a 1080p version. Tested for a bit and it still works. Let me know how it goes

https://www.consoletuner.com/greslib/?w2688
mdnpascual
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby daydyamond94 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:45 pm

hello and thanks for the script. like the one above stated; the setup works fine just the scanning is in the top left corner.
daydyamond94
Private
Private

Return to User's Script Documentation