MacroRecPlay - record and playback a macro on the fly

Documentation, usage tips and configuration guides for Titan Two scripts and bytecodes published by the community users.

Re: MacroRecPlay - record and playback a macro on the fly

Postby Scachi » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:58 pm

msy wrote:
Scachi wrote:Update 1.5 : Increased maximum playback loop count from 255 to 65530

The Online Resources search shows the only available version as 1.05 not 1.5... was there a rollback, or is there a different place to get the 1.5 version?

Oh..I missed the 0 in the version number in the post. 1.05 is the correct and newest version as it is available at the online resource.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby msy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:24 pm

:joia: awesome, thanks!
msy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby WombRaider » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:44 pm

THANK YOU SCACHI!!!

One thing... I'm on XBOX one. On my particular game pressing in the RS makes the fighter do a move that messes up the macro combo. Is there a way to change the start playback to a different button like LS Click?? Would be extremely helpful. Or direction pad directions to choose from...
WombRaider
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Scachi » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:56 pm

WombRaider wrote:THANK YOU SCACHI!!!

One thing... I'm on XBOX one. On my particular game pressing in the RS makes the fighter do a move that messes up the macro combo. Is there a way to change the start playback to a different button like LS Click?? Would be extremely helpful. Or direction pad directions to choose from...

Click the gear like icon on the slot you put the script on. There you should be able to configure it to a button you want it to.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby WombRaider » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:13 am

Click the gear like icon on the slot you put the script on. There you should be able to configure it to a button you want it to.[/quote]

No, there are four options. All four involve pressing the RS. (Hold RS 2 secs, press RS, RS+LB....
WombRaider
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Scachi » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:52 am

WombRaider wrote:
Scachi wrote:Click the gear like icon on the slot you put the script on. There you should be able to configure it to a button you want it to.

No, there are four options. All four involve pressing the RS. (Hold RS 2 secs, press RS, RS+LB....

Are you using version 1.05 or are we talking about the same thing at all ?
There are four options "press,holding,dbl tap,hold gamma+tap delta" .. you can choose from all available buttons for gamma & delta if the option you choose use both buttons or gamma only when the options uses only gamma, see screenshot.
ic.jpg
ic.jpg (131.15 KiB) Viewed 2726 times
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby ycksy » Sat May 11, 2019 6:12 pm

Is it possible for this to record look movements if XIM is handling the movements while plugged into T2?
ycksy
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby Scachi » Tue May 14, 2019 8:26 am

ycksy wrote:Is it possible for this to record look movements if XIM is handling the movements while plugged into T2?

It will record any inputs that are mapped to buttons/sticks so it shouldn't matter what does the input. Joystick/Gamepad/Mouse/Keyboard->Xim->T2 should work fine as long as the T2 is the last one in the line.

I haven't tried if it will record other inputs, like a keypad directly connected to the T2 without an Input Translator used to toggle script features on/off/direct grenade/weapon keys/stuff like that..but I guess it will only record mapped inputs/known gamepad controls.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby ycksy » Tue May 14, 2019 9:54 am

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I am going to have to try this out!
ycksy
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby ycksy » Wed May 15, 2019 4:25 am

Scachi wrote:
ycksy wrote:Is it possible for this to record look movements if XIM is handling the movements while plugged into T2?

It will record any inputs that are mapped to buttons/sticks so it shouldn't matter what does the input. Joystick/Gamepad/Mouse/Keyboard->Xim->T2 should work fine as long as the T2 is the last one in the line.

I haven't tried if it will record other inputs, like a keypad directly connected to the T2 without an Input Translator used to toggle script features on/off/direct grenade/weapon keys/stuff like that..but I guess it will only record mapped inputs/known gamepad controls.

Just wanted to follow up and say this is absolutely epic. I attempted capture the play through of a single player match in which the player has to avoid a few randomly spawned zombies while rushing to three specific points. Sadly there is just enough random NPC spawns causing tiny little bumps in the pathing which eventually will throw it off. Where this did not work for my intended purpose, it did absolutely work flawlessly. I cannot believe this tool has not gotten more attention.

Thank you a lot for this contribution. It really leads to question what is additionally possible and how in depth it can become. Curiously speaking, could you make a set of recordings with specific if-then statements to proceed. For example, picture a game with three doors. Each time you open a door, the controller makes a small vibration, you could create a statement that if the player gets to the end of the first recording and their interaction did not end in a controller vibration, then instead of continuing with recording #2, go to recording #3 and have #3 set up as a fail safe for error. So if I don't get the vibration at the end of recording #1, then recording #3 is set up to end the game, restart it, and start recording #1 again. Obviously this is extremely specific of a case/example but I am sure you can see where these types of interactions could easily be used to write some very complex interactions with the consoles. Obviously I am not suggestion this is an easy thing to accomplish or should be worked on, just questioning the veracity and usefulness to the general community.

Hope I didn't ramble too much and conveyed my thoughts.
ycksy
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to User's Script Documentation