MacroRecPlay - record and playback a macro on the fly

Documentation, usage tips and configuration guides for Titan Two scripts and bytecodes published by the community users.

Re: MacroRecPlay - record and playback a macro on the fly

Postby filoogaroo » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:17 am

Scachi wrote:Is your GTuner IV and Firmware up to date ?
Yes
Have you changed some settings in the Interactive Configuration ?
Nope

I can't reproduce this. Using the device monitor to check the input is showing that R2 & left analog stick gets recorded and played back fine. I have tested that with the default settings of the script.

I haven't tested that in-game. I'll try that later with driveclub, it's the only racing game I have.
thks !
filoogaroo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby filoogaroo » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:20 am

Scachi wrote:Cycle through the menu with the left stick, the recording & playback does work.

For a race/driving it looks like it is working but it isn't precise enough to drive on the track.
It may depend on the game. There might be to much random stuff happening on a racing game for the recording to play it back and let the car stay on track.

The weird thing is that i drive on a race with random event - no other driver nothing to interfere with - sad it does not work at all :ashamed:
filoogaroo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Scachi » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:33 am

"Does not work at all"did sound to me like the script isn't working. But it does.
I think is has to do with the acceleration/steering and physic simulation of the game.
There just to much random stuff going on that it is not possible to record and playback in a racing game simulation.

Recording some walking around the block in the division works well, there is less random stuff going on that need live adjustment of the user.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby filoogaroo » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:35 am

I will try tomorrow with the gtuner connected to titan 2 tonsee if the macro record and play adequately - wonder if it is working that way
filoogaroo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby filoogaroo » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:37 am

Scachi wrote:"Does not work at all"did sound to me like the script isn't working. But it does.
I think is has to do with the acceleration/steering and physic simulation of the game.
There just to much random stuff going on that it is not possible to record and playback in a racing game simulation.

Recording some walking around the block in the division works well, there is less random stuff going on that need live adjustment of the user.

Sorry - i dont want to be rude - yes the script is working - but not for a racing game - i will try tomorrow with the ps4 pro boost mode off too - just really want to provide fair feedback cause i think it is the best app of the titan
filoogaroo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Scachi » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:27 am

No, I didn't understand it as being rude or something like that, sorry.
I was trying to say that I didn't understand this correctly. I just thought you were reporting it isn't working at all.
And on the first test the old version of the test didn't work for me at all.

Now the old version works for me again, I have no clue why. Maybe I should have rebooted ms T2 after updating it or something like that.

The change I made that was making me think it did work again introduced another problem.
I reverted the change without changing the version number. What a mess :oops:

You should download the version 1.0.2 again to have the latest and working version.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby filoogaroo » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:20 am

Ok - i confirm that the boost mode of the ps4 is not the problem - same if i record via gtuner and run the macro using macro runner -
Really disappointed- do u think this is something that can be corrected?
filoogaroo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Scachi » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:40 am

Using GTuner to record a macro it uses 10ms interval where the script uses 1ms (as far as I remember).
So the scripts macro should be more precise.

For a game that uses some physics or due to some input-lag on online-game it requires a bit different input each time.
When you are doing the input manually you just correct small difference on each input without noticing it yourself.
It might not be the macro function or T2 to blame. It can just be how the game works that a 1:1 playback isn't working to get the same result each time.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby shad0w » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:10 pm

Excellent script Scachi! Thank you!!

Is there any way to export/save recorded macros, or the ability to edit them? I found the raw macro file on the SD card. Saved a copy and opened with the macro editor, but I'm still learning how to use it. Also, due to the fixed naming of the stored macro, I'm guessing we can't have multiple copies of macrorecplay stored on the titan two with different macros for each? Thanks again!!
shad0w
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Scachi » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:13 pm

I am working on a version that allows using the same script in multiple slots with different filenames.

You should be able to edit the file in GTuner IV.. there is a tutorial for using the editor: https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... _interface
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PreviousNext

Return to User's Script Documentation