MacroRecPlay - record and playback a macro on the fly

Documentation, usage tips and configuration guides for Titan Two scripts and bytecodes published by the community users.

Re: MacroRecPlay - record and playback a macro on the fly

Postby Scachi » Wed May 15, 2019 8:11 am

ycksy wrote:Just wanted to follow up and say this is absolutely epic. I attempted capture the play through of a single player match in which the player has to avoid a few randomly spawned zombies while rushing to three specific points. Sadly there is just enough random NPC spawns causing tiny little bumps in the pathing which eventually will throw it off. Where this did not work for my intended purpose, it did absolutely work flawlessly. I cannot believe this tool has not gotten more attention.
Thank you. I use this script all the time for different games/stuff. Like selling stuff at a vendor, crafting something , as a simple AFK script when I have to take a break in a online game and to not get kicked out of a mission I am currently doing - or any other repetitive tasks.

ycksy wrote:Thank you a lot for this contribution. It really leads to question what is additionally possible and how in depth it can become. Curiously speaking, could you make a set of recordings with specific if-then statements to proceed. For example, picture a game with three doors. Each time you open a door, the controller makes a small vibration, you could create a statement that if the player gets to the end of the first recording and their interaction did not end in a controller vibration, then instead of continuing with recording #2, go to recording #3 and have #3 set up as a fail safe for error. So if I don't get the vibration at the end of recording #1, then recording #3 is set up to end the game, restart it, and start recording #1 again. Obviously this is extremely specific of a case/example but I am sure you can see where these types of interactions could easily be used to write some very complex interactions with the consoles. Obviously I am not suggestion this is an easy thing to accomplish or should be worked on, just questioning the veracity and usefulness to the general community.

Hope I didn't ramble too much and conveyed my thoughts.

Sure, it is possible to automate it to start the correct macro - as long as the script can track the actions in a game by your input. The T2 has no eyes/ears to know what is going on on your screen. You can use specific button combinations to start specific macros in a single script too.
But that is nothing a general purpose script can/should handle.

A single macro can record up to 24+days (almost 25days). You can record a lot of macros (long or short) and put them on your sd-card. Then use a script and start a specific macro depending on your conditionals like button press, rumble or everything else the T2 can listen to.

Get yourself started :wink: :
https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/doku. ... _scripting
https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/doku. ... ing:macros
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby ycksy » Thu May 16, 2019 10:08 am

Scachi wrote:A single macro can record up to 24+days (almost 25days). You can record a lot of macros (long or short) and put them on your sd-card. Then use a script and start a specific macro depending on your conditionals like button press, rumble or everything else the T2 can listen to.

Get yourself started :wink: :
https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/doku. ... _scripting
https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/doku. ... ing:macros

Very useful links too; thank you! Bookmarked for some light reading at work. I get what you're suggesting and that makes a lot more sense than what I was saying and it opens a lot more possibilities. Thanks!
ycksy
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby ycksy » Thu May 16, 2019 4:39 pm

So I am having an issue. When I attempt to use the XIM Apex as the look input, the XIM begins blinking purple extremely fast anytime I make any movements. Using the controller does not cause this issue but as soon as I move the mouse the recording start lagging hard and the XIM blinks purple. I am running a power supply, direct connection to PC and to XIM/XBOX.

I tried all combinations of with/without including power supply and USB to PC for monitoring. Anytime I record mouse input the XIM blinks purple, input starts lagging really bad, and it misses a lot of the input I gave.

I will continue to mess with it, but any suggestions ? Anyone successfully record XIM input without this issue?

I thought maybe it was the polling rate but mouse, xim and titan all confirmed 500hz.

I monitored the CPU usage and regular controller maxes around 3%, regular mouse maxes at 3%-3.24%. As soon as I am recording that mouse movement, that % jumps into the 20-30 as high as 70%.

So it's safe to say this isn't liking the mouse recording. Anyone with an Xim Apex mind testing for me?
ycksy
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby ycksy » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:40 pm

Nevermind
ycksy
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby Mako » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:12 pm

This is brilliant. Thank you VERY much for making this!
Mako
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby Pluton » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:19 pm

Ok i found it im gona test it npw xD :smile0517: :smile0517: :smile0517:
Pluton
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby Shthappensbro » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:47 am

Work all right after trying to get it perfect for about an hr found out I couldn't move the screen bc it was hard to put it back in the spot I started it from lol so I keep the screen on one spot had to move blindly then figured out it doesn't record the last few seconds or something I'd back up to the wall and then I'd start it would go threw pretty good but at the need it wouldn't back back down to the wall for some reason but it would still work for what I was doing lol keep it on for 3 hrs no problems but now they patched the glitch so cant do it anymore
Shthappensbro
Major
Major

Postby Scachi » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:31 am

JamesCaywood wrote:Work all right after trying to get it perfect for about an hr found out I couldn't move the screen bc it was hard to put it back in the spot I started it from lol so I keep the screen on one spot had to move blindly then figured out it doesn't record the last few seconds or something I'd back up to the wall and then I'd start it would go threw pretty good but at the need it wouldn't back back down to the wall for some reason but it would still work for what I was doing lol keep it on for 3 hrs no problems but now they patched the glitch so cant do it anymore

Yes, the scripts needs some rework.
Right now the default setting will cut of the last 3 seconds of the file as the setting is to stop after three seconds of idle time. Changing the start and end buttons is not removing the default 3sec at the end at the moment.

Thank you for the feedback. I will take a look into improving this soon.

Please use some punctuation. Your text is very hard to read.
Spend the tiny extra time for it please. It is worth it. Thank you.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Shthappensbro » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:25 pm

Lol my bad I do everything on my phone why I'm at work since I travel everyday for work I just try to be fast and my phone sometimes like to autocorrect and I dont take the time to reread it
Shthappensbro
Major
Major

Postby Scachi » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:39 pm

^^
JamesCaywood wrote:Lol my bad I do everything on my phone why I'm at work since I travel everyday for work I just try to be fast and my phone sometimes like to autocorrect and I dont take the time to reread it

It was worth a try :innocent_smile_1:
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PreviousNext

Return to User's Script Documentation