Call of Duty - QoL (Quality of Life) Pack

Documentation, usage tips and configuration guides for Titan Two scripts and bytecodes published by the community users.

Re: Call of Duty - QoL (Quality of Life) Pack

Postby Mr.Brown » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:09 am

Changes look fantastic so far, especially this one:

4) Optimised the auto slide sprint time, I managed to bring it down from 250ms to 25ms.

I had to chuckle when reading it, because of how big the change actually is- it's a factor of 10x less. :innocent_smile_1:

Great job, I will provide feedback to help improve things for everyone!

By L3 I meant pressing in the Left Analogue Stick to sprint (Shift on Keyboard), it was just a random example, nothing particular, just to get my point across, that activation on button release isnt the most ideal scenario, but you took care of that already, so definitely THANKS for that! :smile0517: Really fantastic stuff so far.

Edit: Ok so I tested the new script now- and first impression is "wow", the delay is gone now. The autoslide is now instant, both from standing still not moving, as well as when activated mid-sprint. No more delay. So the reduction from 250ms down to 25ms is instantly noticeable. And thats the thing though- I was able to easily notice the delay before the 6.03 change at all times, even compared to manually initiating the Slide with a controler with no scripts enabled. So it is a huge improvement overall!

Now to the further improvements that can be done:

1- Ive notice that when you sprint (easy sprint disabled),so f. e. I press Shift+W, switching weapons button doesnt work mid sprint. Say I am mid sprint and want to press the Triangle to switch to the Rocket launcher- normally you switch to the rocket launcher and keep sprinting. With this script enabled it doesnt work, you cant switch to rocked launcher or secondary weapon mid-sprint.

2- Autoslide: when I quickly tap button C on my keyboard for autoslide- it works well and the character slides for the whole slide distance. If I keep button C pressed for like 200-300ms (or longer), the character slides for 1 meter distance and then tries to initiate a new autoslide (basically autoslide loop, where the character only slides for 1 meter).

Expected behaviour: the script should ONLY perform 1 autoslide for each press of the "C" button, and when "C" is held down pressed, it shouldnt initiate new autoslides.

3- when standing still and pressing autoslide button (not holding "W" after the slide, just 1 simple press of the Autoslide button) - the character slides normally and ends up in the crouching position after the slide is finished.

Expected behaviour: the character is standing normally after the slide is finished (not crouching/proning).

PS: indeed happy new year everyone!
Mr.Brown
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby pablosscripts » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:47 am

UPDATE v6.04:

Mr.Brown wrote:
4) Optimised the auto slide sprint time, I managed to bring it down from 250ms to 25ms.

I had to chuckle when reading it, because of how big the change actually is- it's a factor of 10x less. :innocent_smile_1

Yup the button release time was accounting for all that extra time! Once I made it on press, I was able to cut it back by a lot more than I expected.

Mr.Brown wrote:1- Ive notice that when you sprint (easy sprint disabled),so f. e. I press Shift+W, switching weapons button doesnt work mid sprint. Say I am mid sprint and want to press the Triangle to switch to the Rocket launcher- normally you switch to the rocket launcher and keep sprinting. With this script enabled it doesnt work, you cant switch to rocked launcher or secondary weapon mid-sprint.

Wow, what an obscure bug. I would have never found this because I have Easy Sprint turned on. Anyway to explain what happened here, I have a dual mapping that uses SPRINT and SWAP, which I use to trigger the One Button Scorestreak feature - you can learn more about my dual mapping coding technique here:

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?to ... #msg731419

This was blocking the swap button inadvertently. I have fixed it in v6.04.

Mr.Brown wrote:2- Autoslide: when I quickly tap button C on my keyboard for autoslide- it works well and the character slides for the whole slide distance. If I keep button C pressed for like 200-300ms (or longer), the character slides for 1 meter distance and then tries to initiate a new autoslide (basically autoslide loop, where the character only slides for 1 meter).

Expected behaviour: the script should ONLY perform 1 autoslide for each press of the "C" button, and when "C" is held down pressed, it shouldnt initiate new autoslides.

I wasn't able to reproduce this, until I realised that you probably had Crouch Limiter turned off. I've now fixed this. There are so many scenarios to test!

Mr.Brown wrote:3- when standing still and pressing autoslide button (not holding "W" after the slide, just 1 simple press of the Autoslide button) - the character slides normally and ends up in the crouching position after the slide is finished.

Expected behaviour: the character is standing normally after the slide is finished (not crouching/proning).

Yup I was aware of this. I suggest we don't attempt to "fix" this one. I'll explain why.

1) There are a ton of different scenarios to code around - the main one being...what if you cancel out of of your auto slide by pressing the cancel button a second time? The script needs to know not to attempt to stand up again. It gets really messy when you throw other scenarios in there, like what if you immediately go prone after a slide? Etc.

2) Another scenario - you go from a slide to ADS immediately. Because I can't predict at what point of the slide you will ADS, the stand up kicks in and it doesn't happen in perfect synchronisation with your ADSíng, which makes it feel a bit jarring.

There are so many odd ball scenarios that make this tricker than you would think. The way my script is designed is for you to tap the Crouch button a second time while sliding to cancel it out. Realistically I never let the whole slide animation play out because the last 1/3 of it really slows you down. I suggest you test the other fixes above then we can reevaluate this. Even if I did attempt to do this it would require an obscene amount of testing which I don't have time for right now!
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Mr.Brown » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:08 pm

Yes I have turned off absolutely everything in the script, when Im testing autoslide. Since I dont actually need all the other features.

#3 is not a big deal really, so you dont have to spend insane ammounts of time to script around this. 99.8% of the time, ppl will keep sprinting after the slide, so it doesnt really matter.

In terms of cancelling the sliding animation- I think your script has a "dedicated" button to cancel the slide right? Well I dont use this kind of stuff really, because whenever I use sliding, it is usually when I want to escape gun fire and quickly slide around a wall/corner etc. Which means- I do actually want the full slide distance to be performed. Or I use it if I want to close a distance faster from point A to point B, so in this case I also want the character to slide for the full distance.

And since ADSing or jumping, actually stops the slide, I dont feel like an extra button to cancel the slide is required in the first place. But that is again just a personal preference, some ppl might be prefering a dedicated Slide-cancel button.

Other than that, the script has matured alot in the last weeks, thanks to so many continuous updates. Im sure most ppl will absolutely enjoy the extra available features. Me as a COD/FPS vet and rather very experienced player, I do most stuff by manually pressing whatever I need. But I allways thought that having 1-button autoslide, that works consistently every single time, is a huge advantage to have thanks to Titan Two's scripting abilities, and it really is to be absolutely honest.

T2 compliments the xim really well and those 2 devices together are a strong team. The next step will be to run the Keyboard through T2, to increase the possibilities even further, but I'll have to do a bit more scripting for that, when I find more time to mess around with this stuff.

Thanks for the quick fixes again!
Mr.Brown
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby pablosscripts » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:22 pm

Mr.Brown wrote:In terms of cancelling the sliding animation- I think your script has a "dedicated" button to cancel the slide right?

Nope it's just pressing the same button a second time.

Mr.Brown wrote:And since ADSing or jumping, actually stops the slide, I dont feel like an extra button to cancel the slide is required in the first place.

Jumping isn't that fast, see comment below. Xclusive Ace did all the testing on this. And just to reiterate it's not a separate button - just press the same button a second time while you are sliding.

Mr.Brown wrote:Well I dont use this kind of stuff really, because whenever I use sliding, it is usually when I want to escape gun fire and quickly slide around a wall/corner etc. Which means- I do actually want the full slide distance to be performed.

Yup makes sense, and if you're looking to take cover, being crouched by default might actually be an advantage!

Mr.Brown wrote:Or I use it if I want to close a distance faster from point A to point B, so in this case I also want the character to slide for the full distanc.

As for this one (just getting around more quickly), I believe slide cancelling will get you there faster. Letting the whole slide animation play out is slower because the final 1/4 to 1/3 is really slow, whereas if you slide, cancel, sprint, slide, cancel, sprint it will get you around much more quickly. Xclusive Ace did a video about the fastest way to traverse, and he covered all scenarios except this one, which is disappointing as he's usually very detail oriented. I commented asking him about it but he never replied. I think if he did the test he'd find this is the fastest way to do it.

Mr.Brown wrote:The next step will be to run the Keyboard through T2, to increase the possibilities even further, but I'll have to do a bit more scripting for that, when I find more time to mess around with this stuff.

Just as a reminder, if you're doing this to run macros, this can be done via a XIM using my dual mapping technique.
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby pablosscripts » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:28 pm

By the way if you're going to switch off everything, I'd recommend you use Easy Slide at a minimum. There are a lot of fringe scenarios I've coded for that make it a lot smoother that aren't covered by Auto Sliding (particularly to do with trying to slide after landing from jumps etc).

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby pablosscripts » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:14 pm

UPDATE v6.05: The feature "AC Adapter Disconnection Notification" stopped working a while ago, I have fixed this now. I would recommend anyone using a XIM or power hungry devices like RGB keyboards to turn this on (via the Interactive Configurator).

UPDATE v6.06: I absent mindedly copied over some Siege code when fixing the above issue. This caused the LED screen to flash, which has now been fixed.

UPDATE v6.07: Implemented this: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=11360

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Mr.Brown » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:08 pm

When I try to add this into my own BO4 Script:

Code: Select all
if(get_val(BUTTON_8) && !get_val(BUTTON_5) && !get_val(BUTTON_7) && !get_val(BUTTON_4)) {
        if(get_val(STICK_2_Y) <= -50.00) {
            if(get_val(STICK_2_X) <= -50.00 || get_val(STICK_2_X) >= 50.00) {
                set_val(STICK_2_Y, -50);
            }
        }
    }

it gives an error with "unexpected IF" in the first line of this code. Did I do something wrong?

Also why is it limited to 50% stick speed? What if it is at 75% speed, does the strafing get slowed then?
Mr.Brown
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby pablosscripts » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:56 pm

Mr.Brown wrote:When I try to add this into my own BO4 Script:

Code: Select all
if(get_val(BUTTON_8) && !get_val(BUTTON_5) && !get_val(BUTTON_7) && !get_val(BUTTON_4)) {
        if(get_val(STICK_2_Y) <= -50.00) {
            if(get_val(STICK_2_X) <= -50.00 || get_val(STICK_2_X) >= 50.00) {
                set_val(STICK_2_Y, -50);
            }
        }
    }

it gives an error with "unexpected IF" in the first line of this code. Did I do something wrong?

Also why is it limited to 50% stick speed? What if it is at 75% speed, does the strafing get slowed then?

I just retested this and it works fine for me. I can successfully compile it.

As for the 50%, I chose that at random, it might need some more optimisation but that seems to work fine so far. It only affects the Y axis. Also remember it only works when you are ADS (that's BUTTON_8), so your movement is already really slow to begin with so I didn't think such a low number would make much of a difference. I will continue optimising it tonight. The problem is the impact of this is so incredibly subtle that it makes it difficult to judge without video recording it and counting frames. Maybe I should do that one day...!

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby UK_Wildcats » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:29 pm

This script has come a long way. Great job.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby pablosscripts » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:19 am

UK_Wildcats_Fans wrote:This script has come a long way. Great job.

Thanks!

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PreviousNext

Return to User's Script Documentation