Call of Duty - QoL (Quality of Life) Pack

Documentation, usage tips and configuration guides for Titan Two scripts and bytecodes published by the community users.

Re: Call of Duty - QoL (Quality of Life) Pack

Postby pablosscripts » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:28 pm

UPDATE v6.08: Activate perks, repair armour, and revive team mates without having to hold down the Reload button. To use the Reload Toggle feature, tap the Jump button while holding the Reload button to activate perks, tap it twice to repair armour, and tap it three times to revive a team mate.
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby pablosscripts » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:21 pm

UPDATE 6.09: Fixed a bug that blocked jumping for about 1 second after using Reload Toggling.
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby pablosscripts » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:57 am

This was a PM from user ivarag:

Hey, Should I be using Simulated analog behavior? And is there anyway to make it so I don't go into rapid fire mode and black out mode? I'd like to disable them completely. Randomly in game, even in tight gun fights when im trying to finesse it'll randomly switch to it (cause im a bit of a button masher at times), then i lose the gunfight because i'm tap firing.

My main issue is, my dedicated prone key isn't working. I dual map xbox guide, and crouch to "z" in my secondaries on xim, but when i hit Z i start lagging, then about 2 seconds later "Turn off console, turn off controller" pops up as if I held down my guide button like im getting off.

Your auto-slide changed the game for me, I play very fast pace and aggressive, the frustration of getting deadslides / not sliding infuriated me, and this helped to ease that. Sometimes when sliding around corners, ill come out of the slide crouched, but i think its due to the exact moment in which i cancel the slide and its sorta just a dice roll. Not sure if its fixable, but it will probably cause a lot more problems to try and fix that then just deal with it.

Get back to me when you can please, thank you for all you do!

1) Simulated analogue behaviour - honestly I don't think this should be used for any game unless you absolutely need to (if they begin banning KB usage). That being said I don't think it makes a difference with my script, it's up to you.

2) Ability to turn off rapid fire completely - yes I will add this to my next update.

3) Instant Prone causing issues - let me do some testing on this because the code looks perfect. I tested this on PS4 but not Xbox. I'll double check tonight and get back to you. EDIT: hum, I just found a bug. But I can't see how that could be causing your problem. As promised I will do some testing for you tonight as it might be Xbox specific.

4) About coming out of sliding crouched, how do you cancel out of your slides? Do you press the crouch button a second time? Or ADS? I don't think there's much I can do here without creating a lot of false positives, I've written about the topic before (see the very final reply at the bottom of this post): viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9965&start=130#p77532

I copy and pasted my reply below:

Yup I was aware of this. I suggest we don't attempt to "fix" this one. I'll explain why.

1) There are a ton of different scenarios to code around - the main one being...what if you cancel out of of your auto slide by pressing the cancel button a second time? The script needs to know not to attempt to stand up again. It gets really messy when you throw other scenarios in there, like what if you immediately go prone after a slide? Etc.

2) Another scenario - you go from a slide to ADS immediately. Because I can't predict at what point of the slide you will ADS, the stand up kicks in and it doesn't happen in perfect synchronisation with your ADSíng, which makes it feel a bit jarring.

There are so many odd ball scenarios that make this tricker than you would think. The way my script is designed is for you to tap the Crouch button a second time while sliding to cancel it out. Realistically I never let the whole slide animation play out because the last 1/3 of it really slows you down. I suggest you test the other fixes above then we can reevaluate this. Even if I did attempt to do this it would require an obscene amount of testing which I don't have time for right now!

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby pablosscripts » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:10 am

UPDATE v7.0:

1) Fixed a bug preventing PC style instant prone from working on Xbox (using the XIM dual-mapping method, not direct input). I had declared the Home variable twice by mistake. For some reason this wasn't causing an issue on PS4, only on Xbox. I also put in some extra protections to ensure this doesn't happen again in fringe cases.

2) Added a new Interactive Configurator option called "Rapid Fire Alt Toggle" for those who have heavy hands or don't need it because they use one-click rapid fire toggling.

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby moobot » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:01 pm

Just tested out the new dedicated prone, and im getting the same issue still on the updated 7.0. My character takes a slight step forward and acts like its going to slide, then xbox controller / turn off console menu pops up again. Same issue ):
moobot
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby bonefisher » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:14 pm

Just to help which I forgot the settings since I haven't used my PS4 for over a year that there is different settings for prone for Xbox and PS4 in game specially for call of duties! The hold times! I forget if I came up with 380ms for both! May need to test!
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby pablosscripts » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:04 am

irvarag wrote:Just tested out the new dedicated prone, and im getting the same issue still on the updated 7.0. My character takes a slight step forward and acts like its going to slide, then xbox controller / turn off console menu pops up again. Same issue ):

Ah I think I know what's going on. It's accidentally triggering auto slide! Although it still puzzles me how this is only being triggered on Xbox and not PS4. Bonefisher could be right about the different timings. I will need to make a code fix to stop auto sliding from being inadvertently triggered by instant prone, and then see if that naturally fixes the home button issue on xbox. I'm at work so I'll do it when I get home.

EDIT: alright I've made some further tweaks. Can you please give it another test. The version is still v7.00. I won't update the version number until I confirm this latest change has fixed it.

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby moobot » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:40 am

pablosscripts wrote:
irvarag wrote:Just tested out the new dedicated prone, and im getting the same issue still on the updated 7.0. My character takes a slight step forward and acts like its going to slide, then xbox controller / turn off console menu pops up again. Same issue ):

Ah I think I know what's going on. It's accidentally triggering auto slide! Although it still puzzles me how this is only being triggered on Xbox and not PS4. Bonefisher could be right about the different timings. I will need to make a code fix to stop auto sliding from being inadvertently triggered by instant prone, and then see if that naturally fixes the home button issue on xbox. I'm at work so I'll do it when I get home.

EDIT: alright I've made some further tweaks. Can you please give it another test. The version is still v7.00. I won't update the version number until I confirm this latest change has fixed it.

Can confirm the prone now works, which is great! thank you!

During some gameplay testing I only noticed one thing thats sorta frustrating, after coming out of the prone (with sprint movement, spacebar, or anything), trying to slide takes 2-3 seconds delay. I can't prone behind cover, then stand and instantly sprint slide to cover(normally can on xim, or a controller), this is just my particularly gameplay ofc and i appreciate everything. Any reasoning to this ? Have easy slide and auto slide enabled.
moobot
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby pablosscripts » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:46 am

That's great to hear. I will now promote it to v7.01.

Out of curiosity do you use crouch limiter? Crouch limiter + one click instant prone is so nice:)

As for the 2-3 second delay, assuming you aren't in Blackout mode (which functions a tiny bit differently), then yes I can explain this.

There are two factors at play here. Firstly, when you perform an Easy Slide I kick off a timer to keep track of whether you are still sliding or not. I need to do this because the controls need to work a little differently if you are sliding. For example, if you press the crouch button a second time while sliding, it will break out of the slide. Without this, pressing the crouch button a second time will initiate a back to back slide, which feels awful. There are many other things to consider but this is an obvious example.

Now the second part of the problem is - how do I deal with false positives? How do I know that you are trying to crouch or stand up? If you've just backed out of a menu by pressing the crouch button, the next time you press the crouch button it will think you are trying to stand up, not crouch! Therefore Easy Sprint wouldn't kick in if I didn't program it correctly.

So what's happened here is you've found a scenario that confuses my script. It thinks you are still sliding so it doesn't allow you to initiate another slide. It's highly unlikely this is a bug, it's more likely that it's a scenario where I simply cannot tell with any confidence whether you are trying to stand up or slide. If I can't tell with 100% confidence, then we'll end up with a false positive which means the 2-3 second delay is impossible to eliminate under some very fringe scenarios.

Now let me try to walk you through my logic to give you some insight into how it works. Without trawling through all my code, I can only show you the main scenarios, but this should be enough to help you figure out where you might be triggering a false positive. Once you know how it works, it's literally never a problem. Here goes:

1) If you press the crouch button a second time while sliding. I will know you are intending to break out of a slide, and it will therefore allow you to perform another slide immediately without delay.

2) If you jump out of a slide.

3) If you press the ADS button or use the dpad.

4) If you simply let a slide play out its entire animation and don't attempt to cancel out of it, the timer will expire.

5) If you back out of a menu by using the crouch button. This is a 100% predictable action that I can code around, and therefore won't lead to false positives.

Hope that helps. I know it seems simple at first (just code some logic that holds the crouch button down for a tiny bit longer!) but it's a lot of work.

Just to give you more of an idea of how complex this seemingly simple feature is - consider jumping. What if you jump, and while in mid air you press the slide button? My slide timer will be off, because you won't initiate a slide until you land back on the ground again. In this scenario I had to code it so it would extend the slide timer if you were performing a jump slide, in order to account for the small difference in timing. It's a very subtle thing but that's another example of hidden complexity that most people don't see.

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby pablosscripts » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:15 am

UPDATE v7.02: Update v7.01 introduced a bug which prevented the Home button from working altogether. I have fixed this.

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PreviousNext

Return to User's Script Documentation