Call of Duty - QoL (Quality of Life) Pack

Documentation, usage tips and configuration guides for Titan Two scripts and bytecodes published by the community users.

Re: Call of Duty - QoL (Quality of Life) Pack

Postby pablosscripts » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:56 am

UPDATE v4.16: Added an Interactive Configurator option to turn off Natural Slide Cancelling for keyboard users, as this will interfere with menu navigation. I also fixed a few memory clashes.
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby gillybis » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:52 pm

Hi i there a way to turn off the auto fire or switch in and out of during game?

also i have the exact same setup.

How can i use my mic to talk in chat
gillybis
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby pablosscripts » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:54 am

gillybis wrote:Hi i there a way to turn off the auto fire or switch in and out of during game?

What do you mean? You mean Rapid Fire is being enabled when you don't want it to? If so, I assume you have the following setting turned on?

Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby pablosscripts » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:24 pm

UPDATE v4.17:

1) Fixed a game (not script) bug that causes the following issues:

A) If you reload and then initiate a slide, your reload may be cancelled (MP only, can't be fixed in Blackout).
B) If you reload while you are sliding, your reload may be cancelled (both MP and Blackout).

These are actually bugs in the game itself which I have now fixed in my script.

2) I found and fixed an extremely fringe scenario where reload cancelling wouldn't work: reload, initiate a slide, then use ADS cancel - this didn't work but I have now fixed it.

3) Improved the robustness of the alt crouch feature.

4) I have completely removed the rapid fire auto toggle feature. The request was made by a user who didn't really understand how this worked and I should never have added it in the first place as it only causes confusion (see above post).

5) Updated a few Interactive Configurator descriptions and general tidy up.

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Mr.Brown » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:16 pm

Hey Pablo, thanks for your QoL pack, it is really helpful.

Can you share your Auto-Slide script in particular, so that I could insert it in my own script? Thanks!

I am using a Xim Apex and wondered if there is a possibility to have 1 button for normal crouch/prone behaviour (normal pressing of the Circle Button) and 1 Button to perform an Auto-Slide.

The thing is that the XIM has limited ammount of buttons it can send to the Titan Two, so I guess I would have to use some button combination of 2 buttons (or more) to activate Auto-Slide on 1 button press while at the same time keeping the normal "circle" press behaviour for crouching?

Or is it possible to somehow connect the keyboard to the Titan Two and use only the mouse through the XIM? How would it work, where would I plug the PS4 controller? Into the XIM Apex or into the Titan Two? Thank you so far my dude!

Also Ive noticed that when using Autoslide with your script, sometimes you cant cancel it with the jump button (x) when you are in the last 1/3rd of the sliding distance/animation. Sometimes it works, sometimes you press X (jump) and it doesnt do anything. Dont know if its some sort of ingame limitation or to blame on the script. Also repeated slides in very short time frame reduce the sliding distance and speed, guess this one is to blame on the game entirely, right?

Another thing about Autoslide- if the character is not moving at all or just walking, it seems like your script isnt doing an actual slide, only if youre sprinting already. What would be great though is a completely fully automatic autoslide on 1 button press. Like you press 1 button and the script activates W(forward)+Sprint+Crouch button after the perfect sprinting distance (after like 1-2 steps of the character or so). Unless the soldier is already sprinting, then the script could detect it and just press crouch (circle) for the right ammount of time, so that your character autoslides.
Mr.Brown
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby pablosscripts » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:38 am

Mr.Brown wrote:I am using a Xim Apex and wondered if there is a possibility to have 1 button for normal crouch/prone behaviour (normal pressing of the Circle Button) and 1 Button to perform an Auto-Slide.

Yes, this is how you do it, by using dual mappings:

Mr.Brown wrote:Or is it possible to somehow connect the keyboard to the Titan Two and use only the mouse through the XIM? How would it work, where would I plug the PS4 controller? Into the XIM Apex or into the Titan Two? Thank you so far my dude!

Yes this is also an option. This is how you set it up:

MOUSE --> XIM (PS4 controller plugged into here) --> T2 --> console

KEYBOARD --> T2

Scroll to the bottom of my Interactive Configurator and set up your mappings:

And then download J2kbr's or create your own Input Translator.

Honestly I would just keep it plugged into your XIM and use my dual mapping method, but this is an option if you'd like to use it for whatever reason.

Mr.Brown wrote:Also Ive noticed that when using Autoslide with your script, sometimes you cant cancel it with the jump button (x) when you are in the last 1/3rd of the sliding distance/animation. Sometimes it works, sometimes you press X (jump) and it doesnt do anything. Dont know if its some sort of ingame limitation or to blame on the script. Also repeated slides in very short time frame reduce the sliding distance and speed, guess this one is to blame on the game entirely, right?

The first one I can't reproduce. I just played a few games and tested the hell out of it and can't seem to make it so jump won't work. Also why are you jumping? Are you doing it to cancel out of a slide? Did you know you can press the crouch button a second time while sliding to cancel out of it? That's a much better way to do it.

The second one about repeated slides - yes they nerfed this during the beta. See the following link (scroll down to the section called "Movement"):

https://www.dexerto.com/call-of-duty/tr ... rfs-138781

It was so good during the beta and all the whiners kept complaining that it was too difficult to track targets if people were sliding too much. :( :( :(

Mr.Brown wrote:Another thing about Autoslide- if the character is not moving at all or just walking, it seems like your script isnt doing an actual slide, only if youre sprinting already. What would be great though is a completely fully automatic autoslide on 1 button press. Like you press 1 button and the script activates W(forward)+Sprint+Crouch button after the perfect sprinting distance (after like 1-2 steps of the character or so). Unless the soldier is already sprinting, then the script could detect it and just press crouch (circle) for the right ammount of time, so that your character autoslides.

Do you have Easy Sprint turned on? If so it's pretty much as simple as a quick tap of W then crouch.

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby vhbug » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:28 am

Every now and then I get stuck in a walking mode. I think it's because I'm holding shift to sprint and that's triggering a switch to the blackout mode of the script. Could you change the script or make it so that the MP <=> Blackout switch is optional?

Re-read the OP and I see that the walk mode shouldn't be applicable if easy sprint is off, which it is in my case, so I believe there's a hiccup in the script in it disabling.

Also, going to tack on a feature request: could you add for blackout a one button quick menu (so dpad up and down)
vhbug
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby pablosscripts » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:03 am

vhbug wrote:Every now and then I get stuck in a walking mode. I think it's because I'm holding shift to sprint and that's triggering a switch to the blackout mode of the script. Could you change the script or make it so that the MP <=> Blackout switch is optional?

Re-read the OP and I see that the walk mode shouldn't be applicable if easy sprint is off, which it is in my case, so I believe there's a hiccup in the script in it disabling.

Also, going to tack on a feature request: could you add for blackout a one button quick menu (so dpad up and down)

Ok I've made an update (see v4.18) so that you need to hold the sprint button for much longer now to toggle between MP and Blackout modes. Can you please give this a test and let me know how it goes. I use Easy Sprint so I never use the sprint button so it's difficult for me to assess. If it really doesn't work at all (like you tend to hold the sprint button down for relatively long periods) then I will completely rework how this switch operates.

Regarding the menu, I want to put a lot more thought into it as well but I have been holding back because Treyarch has been talking about completely overhauling the inventory system, so I'm going to wait until they do that before considering what sort of improvements might be possible here.

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Mr.Brown » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:54 am

thank you for your detailed reply pablosscripts. No I dont use easy sprint, I press Shift+W on my keyboard to sprint. I think easy sprint with 1 button press sorta hinders me while playing. For example if I want to slowly walk around an object, I dont wanna be sprinting, so that the enemy hears my footsteps louder etc. (if Im not using Ninja)

Yeah the reason I wanna jump out of a slide is for example if I slide around a corner, then jump to break the sliding animation in the right moment and jump shot the enemy or multiple enemies. I mean I could be staying on the ground after a slide, but I think it is more intuitive to jump after slide around the corner and surprise the enemies. This way they have harder time to lock their crosshair on me and enjoy aim assist.

Ive also encountered the problem with getting stuck in walking mode or even crouching mode using this script, same as Vhbug. It would be great if every special mode-trigger button assignment would completely turn-off-able.

Alright then no worries, I will try to create my own 1 button auto slide script, maybe you can share those ingame limitations when the game doesnt trigger the slide, that youve mentioned in the recent change notes though, that you have figured out- so that I can put it in my 1-button autoslide script. :innocent_smile_1:
Mr.Brown
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby pablosscripts » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:23 am

Mr.Brown wrote:thank you for your detailed reply pablosscripts. No I dont use easy sprint, I press Shift+W on my keyboard to sprint. I think easy sprint with 1 button press sorta hinders me while playing. For example if I want to slowly walk around an object, I dont wanna be sprinting, so that the enemy hears my footsteps louder etc. (if Im not using Ninja)

Yeah the reason I wanna jump out of a slide is for example if I slide around a corner, then jump to break the sliding animation in the right moment and jump shot the enemy or multiple enemies. I mean I could be staying on the ground after a slide, but I think it is more intuitive to jump after slide around the corner and surprise the enemies. This way they have harder time to lock their crosshair on me and enjoy aim assist.

Ive also encountered the problem with getting stuck in walking mode or even crouching mode using this script, same as Vhbug. It would be great if every special mode-trigger button assignment would completely turn-off-able.

Alright then no worries, I will try to create my own 1 button auto slide script, maybe you can share those ingame limitations when the game doesnt trigger the slide, that youve mentioned in the recent change notes though, that you have figured out- so that I can put it in my 1-button autoslide script. :innocent_smile_1:

Regarding jumping: I think I've identified and fixed the issue. Please download the latest version and give it a test.

Regarding getting stuck in walking mode: I don't think this will happen anymore since I've increased the time it takes to toggle between modes. Let me know how this goes for you.

Regarding this auto-slide feature: I am prototyping it now. Watch this space.

EDIT 1: ok I have the first prototype of it ready, there's a lot of possible interactions between this, easy sliding, walk mode, and a number of other features so it's going to require a LOT of testing. I'll let you know how it goes.

EDIT 2: ok after many hours of testing it is now good to go. It works regardless of whether you are strafing left or right, or walking forward (while not sprinting). It's also suppressed if you are ADSíng. I think I have covered all the scenarios. Give it a test and let me know what you think.

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PreviousNext

Return to User's Script Documentation