Gtuner crashing

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Re: Gtuner crashing

Postby creedkiller » Fri May 19, 2017 5:55 pm

The_Rabid_Taco wrote:I've done this quite often myself. I use the printf especially when I'm expecting to hit a statement once and it does not appear to be working. A few times I've had it freeze up as I'd improperly done something to cause it to loop and the flood of input is faster that what it should be. One thing I learned the hard way, thought I had bricked my Titan One, was to not have it load the last script on power on. Especially when experimenting. That way you can unplug the Titan One / Two plug it back in and have it go back to 0 slot right away. It's saved me a few times from offending code that I could then easily clean out.

thats a really good point, thanks for sharing, im turning off that feature from now on.
creedkiller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby J2Kbr » Wed May 24, 2017 6:00 pm

The_Rabid_Taco wrote:One thing I learned the hard way, thought I had bricked my Titan One, was to not have it load the last script on power on. Especially when experimenting.

In an event like this you can close Gtuner IV before plug the Titan Two to the computer and unload the script using the front buttons.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby The_Rabid_Taco » Thu May 25, 2017 1:31 pm

LOL Hadn't thought of that back then. What I ended up doing at the time was loading a copy of the TE firmware, then re-loading the normal firmware which in turn wiped out the offensive code. Looking back now, your suggestion would have been a lot easier.
The_Rabid_Taco
Major
Major

Previous

Return to Gtuner IV Support