Support for additional buttons on X52 HOTAS

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Re: Support for additional buttons on X52 HOTAS

Postby thomo127 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:06 pm

Brilliant
Will test it tonight (Aussie time)
thomo127
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby thomo127 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:43 am

Hi Jefferson

I did a little bit of testing last night and the custom HID seems to be working perfectly with the X52. I have not had to remap any buttons to get almost all of the flight, cockpit and menu controls working even without the GPC file to map to the extract buttons (almost all only because I have not tested every single cockpit control as yet).

In some regards the custom HID does a better job of managing buttons on the X52 than the Logitech / Saitek drivers. For example, the i button (or Clutch button) on the X52 is restricted to changing profiles on pc, but the custom HID treats it like a normal button which I have mapped to the A button on the Xbox.

I will do more extensive testing tonight and work on a Titan Two GPC script to map combo buttons to the additional buttons on the X52.

I summary, I am very very pleased with the result. Thank you for your help.

I'm wondering, as a future development goal for the X52 custom HID, if it's worth mapping the remaining buttons on the X52 which I did not include in the information that I sent you.? I personally do not use these buttons, but someone else might want to. For example, there is a second POV hat on the Joystick that I use for Headlook on pc that might also work for Xbox (right now I use the Primary POV hat with a toggle to headlook which is fine for the Xbox). The only issue would be if there is an upper limit to the number of buttons that could be included in the custom HID?

Anyway, I do not need any more buttons mapped to meet my needs in Elite Dangerous.

I will post a description of my set up and associated files once I have everything running smoothly, which I hope should be in the next week or so.

Thanks again

Cheers
thomo127
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:31 pm

Awesome. Thank for the feedback, I will be including this HID configuration file to the next Gtuner IV release. :smile0517:

Replying your question about the extra buttons. The X52 has an incredible amount of inputs, a total of 45. So some were not included in the HID configuration file. As you can notice all GPC designators are being used (38 total), unfortunately we don't have more room to accommodate the last 7, which are:

Button 6, Button 15, Button 24, Button 25, Button 26, Mouse X, Mouse Y.

I have planned implement a mechanism for the script to direct access the hid reports of connected controller, with this will be possible access all inputs.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby thomo127 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:48 am

Hi Jefferson

I've pretty much finished the GPC file (see attached) and have done some stress testing to see if the problem I was have with drop outs on the ChronosMax was going to happen on the Titan Two. I am very pleased to say that the Titan wo is performing perfectly. Did about half an hour of combat using multiple combo buttons and lots of fast movement across all axes I did not have a single problem. Well done on developing such a fantastic product. :smile0203:

However, I have run into one small problem with the ACCEL_2_Z button (T2 on the X52 HOTAS). When I toggle the T2 switch on the X52 I can see activity in the Device Monitor on ACCEL_2_Z, however, when I try to map ACCEL_2_Z to a combo (see GPC below) I get no response.

Code: Select all
//2. Cargo hatch
main {
     if(event_active(ACCEL_2_Z )) {
        combo_run(cargo_hatch);
    }
  }
combo cargo_hatch {
    set_val(XB1_B, 100);
    wait(150);
    set_val(XB1_UP, 100);
    set_val(XB1_B, 100);
    wait(150);
    set_val(XB1_UP, 0);
    set_val(XB1_B, 100);
    wait(150);
    set_val(XB1_B, 0);   
}

This is not a huge problem as there is spare button that I have mapped to the combo (BUTTON_2) as follows:

//2. Cargo hatch
main {
     if(event_active(BUTTON_2 )) {
        combo_run(cargo_hatch);
    }
  }
combo cargo_hatch {
    set_val(XB1_B, 100);
    wait(150);
    set_val(XB1_UP, 100);
    set_val(XB1_B, 100);
    wait(150);
    set_val(XB1_UP, 0);
    set_val(XB1_B, 100);
    wait(150);
    set_val(XB1_B, 0);   
}

This works perfectly, but I would prefer to use ACCEL_2_Z (mapped to T2 on the X52 HOTAS). All the other additional buttons work perfectly (including ACCEL_2_Y) so maybe there is a problem with the ACCEL_2_Z button in the HID file?

Anyway, I have started working on screenshots of the controller mapping I'm using in Elite Dangerous and will add these to a document to upload via your forums.

Cheers and thanks again

Ian
Attachments
X52_HOTAS_mapped_Xbox_One_v0.2.gpc
X52 HOTAS on Xbox One for Elite Dangerous
(2.73 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
thomo127
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:56 pm

Thank you for your message and feedback.

Regarding ACCEL_2_Z, the is_active() function assumes this input is an accelerometer in the Z axis, which resting zone is from [-25 to 0[. For this reason is_active() on this input will not work as expected when a regular button is mapped to it. However, you can achieve the desire behavior with the following code.

#include <xb1.gph>

//2. Cargo hatch
bool accel_2_z_event;

main {
    if(get_val(ACCEL_2_Z )) {
        if(!accel_2_z_event) {
            combo_run(cargo_hatch);
            accel_2_z_event = TRUE;
        }
    } else accel_2_z_event = FALSE;
}

combo cargo_hatch {
    set_val(XB1_B, 100);
    wait(150);
    set_val(XB1_UP, 100);
    set_val(XB1_B, 100);
    wait(150);
    set_val(XB1_UP, 0);
    set_val(XB1_B, 100);
    wait(150);
    set_val(XB1_B, 0);   
}
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby thomo127 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:52 am

You are brilliant!

Thanks once again.

Cheers

Ian
thomo127
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby SomDustin » Fri May 31, 2019 2:17 am

Hello,

I know I'm a bit late to the conversation and I have yet to really understand how to use the GPC Editor for the Titan 2. I plugged my X52 Pro into the titan 2 and saw where it automatically picked it up, but the One hat stick on the throttle doesn't show any recognition when you press it. And the Hat on the throttle doesn't get picked up. I will plug it into the xbox with the latest post in this thread. I am mostly concerned with the hat on the throttle. I am used to that being the my up/down and side/side thrusters. Anyways, if one of you could explain how to set it up in the Gtuner I would be much appreciated. Sorry for the trouble.
SomDustin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Fri May 31, 2019 8:41 am

Welcome to our forums.

Do you have your Titan Two equipped with SD-Card? If yes, please try the following:

1. Open Gtuner IV and go to the panel named Device Configuration.

2. Locate the sub-section Micro-SD Card and click on the button Configure.

3. Several files will be copied to the Micro-SD card installed into the Titan Two device, including HID Configuration file for the X52 HOTAS. This file is needed by the Titan Two in order to enable all joystick buttons.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby SomDustin » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:41 am

Thank you for your help I just purchased a 32GB Micro SD card and finally have time to test it out. I'll Let you know how it goes. Also you guys have a wonderful product and I will be sending more your way. Thanks again for the excellent work.
SomDustin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby thomo127 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:25 pm

Hi console tuner team.

Can't believe it's been a year since I stzrted using the Titan Two, it's still going strong and gets used almsot every day.

I was wondering if you ever got arou d to implementing the solution to to direct access the hid reports which was being considered early last year (see quoted text below)?

It would be great to be able to access all 45 buttons on my x52.

Cheers Ian
Awesome. Thank for the feedback, I will be including this HID configuration file to the next Gtuner IV release. :smile0517:

Replying your question about the extra buttons. The X52 has an incredible amount of inputs, a total of 45. So some were not included in the HID configuration file. As you can notice all GPC designators are being used (38 total), unfortunately we don't have more room to accommodate the last 7, which are:

Button 6, Button 15, Button 24, Button 25, Button 26, Mouse X, Mouse Y.

I have planned implement a mechanism for the script to direct access the hid reports of connected controller, with this will be possible access all inputs.
thomo127
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Gtuner IV Support