Using K&M both on 1 input

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Using K&M both on 1 input

Postby A1rookie » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:08 pm

Hey,
sorry for the noob question, i'm a experienced titan one user, needed 30 minutes to recognize i need to connect keyboard to the titan2 directly :D
can you use a usb hub to connect both,keyboard and mouse, to input2? and the controller stays in input1?
thanks

**edit: do i need to use a microsd card? i tried some scripts and many of them said bytecode too big?
A1rookie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Using K&M both on 1 input

Postby Sillyasskid » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:27 am

Firstly: When using a mouse. You would want to keep the controller plugged into USB PORT B.
Secondly: The Titan 2 does not support USB hubs at this current time.

However:
1) You still have some options available. The Prog port can allow a keyboard, or any HID device for that matter. You just need a USB OTG (On-The-Go) adapter.To connect the keyboard. These adapters are cheap, and can be found pretty much anywhere.

2) If you prefer to not use the Prog port to connect a keyboard, I'm assuming you have your Titan Two connected two your PC while you are using the device. If this is the case, You can use the KMG Capture option in GtunerIV, This works similar to the Max Aim Plugin for the Titan One. This allows you to use any Mouse, Keyboard, and even any controllers.That are connected to your PC.

3) Another way to use a Mouse and Keyboard through one input. Is to use a wireless Mouse and keyboard that connect to the same dongle. Such as the Logitech Unify series.

4) Purchase another Titan Two's :innocent_smile_1:
Now the Titan Two is not a USB hub, however it can be technically be used similarly to an like a USB hub..

The setup for this is illustrated in the diagram below.
I personally use this method, but for various of other reasons as well.

The Titan Two will poll all HID devices at 1000hz by default. So there should be no concern for any lag with this setup.Theoretically If you were to use a USB hub instead of another Titan Two. There would be more latency with the bub, but not that you would actually be able to notice the latency anyways. Its just some food for thought.

These are the only ways I currently know of.
Surely we are likely to see more alternative solutions for this later on.

: do i need to use a microsd card? i tried some scripts and many of them said bytecode too big?
You don't need a Micro SD card, The input translator is likely using fix32 numbers in the curve. This adds for more precision. You do have the option to have the curve to use integers instead. This reduces the size of the input translator.

I recommend picking one up .As it really does increase and enhance the amount of features that the Titan Two provides .
Last edited by Sillyasskid on Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Re: Using K&M both on 1 input

Postby A1rookie » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:28 pm

Thank you very much for your detailed answer. no more questions left ;)
A1rookie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Return to Gtuner IV Support