PS4 controller keeps disconnecting

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

PS4 controller keeps disconnecting

Postby Martial97 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:42 am

My ps4 controller keeps disconnecting from even when I am not using any of the gamepacks/ scripts.
- I have wired connection to the titan two device
- Have tried multiple USB cables as well as multiple controllers
- When I am playing the disconnection occurs every 2-3 minutes but when I don't press any buttons it is more frequent (30 sec - 1 min)
- I have the latest firmware for both Gtuner and titan two

When the disconnection occurs, both the input B light and output light turn red simultaneously (might help find the issue)
Martial97
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: PS4 controller keeps disconnecting

Postby Scachi » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:51 am

What devices do you have connected to your T2 ?

Have you tried the PS4-controller in Input-A ?
As far as I understand it Input-A is the preferred connection. Input-B should be used for the auth controller.

Like if you are playing with a xbox controller on a ps4 system, connect the xbox one to Input-A and the org ps4 to Input-B.

If you are playing with ps4 controller on ps4 connect it to input-A.
Input-B has a deadzone applied that a resting controller for authentication doesn't conflict with Input-A controller used for playing.

But I don't think that this can cause your disconnects.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Martial97 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:13 pm

Hello again, yeah I had tried input A but I was getting the same result. Would I need to PM JKrb or will he message on here once he has seen it?
Martial97
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Scachi » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:32 pm

He will post here I think. I already have send him a pm and pointed to your earlier thread as this didn't exist at this time.
I also pointed from your previous one to this one so he will find this easily.
Don't forget that it is weekend and he might busy with private stuff.

Was it already doing this disconnect thing when you had the PS4 setting on the PS4 itself, USB communication not set ?

One more thing to try...
Use a single controller connected to the T2 (no other stuff connected to the ps4 itself, no usb hub, other controllers or stuff like headsets and drives, keyboard) and go on your ps4 to the settings, there is a device list for bluetooth devices. Remove/delete all controllers/inputs from there and shut the ps4 down.
Don't turn the ps4 on via the controller, use the power button on the ps4 for that and check if the disconnects are still happening.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:06 am

Hi Martial97, please try what Scachi suggested and lets us know your results. Please also inform if you are using headset plugged on the controller. I will be following this thread closely. thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Martial97 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:12 am

Hello J2Kbr, I tried what scachi recommend but I get the same result. I don't have a headset connected but I was planning on doing so if it worked.
This video shows the issue. Hopefully it will help in identifying the problem.
https://youtu.be/0fTHBSc47Iw

Edit: The issue wasn't happening when the controller didn't have the usb communication on but at that time the scripts wouldn't work
Martial97
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:05 pm

Thank you for the video. Is normal and expected the LEDs quickly turn green->red->green when the Titan Two is establishing the full pass-through mode between the console and the controller.

Please check (after the green->red->green) on Gtuner's Device Monitor if is possible see activity when pressing the buttons. thanks.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Martial97 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:26 am

I tested what you suggested by having the same setup but a micro-usb cable going from the titan 2 PROG slot to the computer so i can connect to Gtuner iv. When disconnection occurred, the buttons seemed to register on the device monitor however on the actual PS4 the buttons weren't being picked up. I also tried to use a Xbox one controller by plugging into Input A and PS4 controller into Input B however even this controller kept disconnecting. This whole setup was with the titan two device in slot 0. I don't know what i can do as all solutions provide the same result. Is the hardware defective or does it seem like a software issue?

Also if this helps at all, all my ps4 controllers are the newer gen ones. I don't have access to older ones anymore.
Martial97
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:42 am

I saw on the other topic it was already suggested to check on the PS4 settings if the option to use wired communication is checked:

Settings → Devices → Controllers → Communication Method: Use USB Cable.

Please recheck this again, because your feedback suggests this option is disabled.

If this option is already enable, please try the following:

1. Be sure the output protocol on the Titan Two is set to USB Automatic or USB PlayStation 4;
2. Plug the Titan Two to PS4 and only the Xbox One controller to Input-A.

Can you operate the console using the controller?

thanks.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Martial97 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:22 am

Hey, yeah the option was enabled when I was testing it out again this afternoon as I was using the rapid fire mod on fortnite stw. If this isn't enabled the mods don't work whatsoever. When I did use the Xbox one controller I also tried it without plugging the PS4 controller into input B to see if it will work without it. It didn't however so I had to connect the PS4 controller back up.
For the usb setting thing, I disabled all other Bluetooth devices but the one controller that I have plugged in via USB cable isn't getting disabled. The only option it has is to disconnect it. I tried this and then reconnected using the usb cable but I get the same response.
The console I'm using is a ps4
Martial97
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Next

Return to Gtuner IV Support