Thrustmaster t.flight Hotas 4 support?

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Re: Thrustmaster t.flight Hotas 4 support?

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:34 am

Correct, any flight stick can be used. Considering that some flight stick may need a script or input translator for adjustments.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby glenntidbury » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:33 am

Great news.

So I presume we can use something like this? :-

Init{
port_connect(PORT_USB_C, PROTOCOL_HOTAS4);
}
glenntidbury
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:23 am

Correct, or set the output protocol in the Device Configuration.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby levibeckner » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:22 pm

I downloaded and installed the 18-Nov updates to GTuner IV and T2 firmware, but the T2 is still not detecting PS4 HOTAS throttle or joystick rz-axis.

It still could be that I am not doing everything I need to though? All I know to try is to plug the HOTAS into the Titan2 and observe the Device Monitor tab while moving controller inputs. Is there something I need to program in order to detect everything?

Thanks,
levibeckner
Corporal
Corporal

Postby glenntidbury » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:31 pm

levibeckner wrote:I downloaded and installed the 18-Nov updates to GTuner IV and T2 firmware, but the T2 is still not detecting PS4 HOTAS throttle or joystick rz-axis.

It still could be that I am not doing everything I need to though? All I know to try is to plug the HOTAS into the Titan2 and observe the Device Monitor tab while moving controller inputs. Is there something I need to program in order to detect everything?

Thanks,

I haven't had a chance to test this update yet....was too busy playing beat saber this morning :p

I'll try and test after work/tomorrow morning.

Just a guess though....but did you also press the "configure sd card" button again? This is required I think to copy across files that pertain to newly added controller support.

I had the same experience when the g29 wheel support was added....the wheel input wasn't recognised at all until I did that again.

Worth a shot if you haven't tried that yet.
glenntidbury
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby glenntidbury » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:05 am

actually, I've just tested myself, including pressing the configure button....no joy.

all the buttons are mapped correctly except:-

- throttle is not responsive at all to any button/axis/value

- rudder buttons/axis is not responsive to any button/axis/value
- BUTTON_19 and BUTTON_20 are permanently ON (value 100.0).

There also seems to be not hotas output protocol yet, so I can't test using other throttle inputs as HOTAS4.

Hopefully soon :)
glenntidbury
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:45 am

Thank you for the feedbacks. I will be checking further, maybe purchase a Hotas 4 to help during the process.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby NeoTechni » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:03 pm

Will it show as it's own mode in gtuner's device monitor? So we can be sure it's outputting properly without needing a supported game to test it with, I mean.

Can you make it so the 7-segment displays witches between the slot number and an H in HOTAS mode?

I want to change my Ace Combat flight stick code to use HOTAS mode.
NeoTechni
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby Capt moore » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:57 am

J2Kbr wrote:Correct, or set the output protocol in the Device Configuration.

Excuse me, I am trying to figure out if the Titan 2 will work for what I wish to do.

I want to take the Thrustmaster T.HOTAS one (Xbox version of the Hotas 4/it has both a pc & Xbox one mode) connected with the optional rudder pedals (Thrp add on) and have it output to an Xbox 360 for using the flying games on that console.

I also want to use the titan 2 to swap some of the flightstick controls and force it to recognized the hotas one as a standard Xbox one Gamepad for compatibility reasons with unsupported games, for example in Blazing Angels 1. (The game will not work with a flight controller.)

With other games I would like to switch controls but still retain the xbox one ability to recognize it as a flightstick, for example flying tigers & hawx (BC) somehow detect the hotas and modify menus/settings pages for the flight controller automatically, including in flying tigers case support for buttons not standard on the Xbox one controller.

I am at a loss how either the Xbox 360 or the Xbox One can detect a flight controller vs a normal Gamepad. Is it a matter of having the Titan 2 output the correct PID/USB code, or some other method of detection? I haven’t been able to find any info searching using google.

Is there going to be support to identify the titan’s as a flightstick with the Xbox consoles, like is implied there is going to be with the ps4?

I have access to two x360 flight controls, (Saitik AV8R & Ace Combat 6 flightstick) and the thrustmaster hotas one (Xbox one) if scanning them with a usb utility from my iMac will provide you with any useful information.

Thanks for any insight.
Capt moore
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:32 am

@Capt moore. The Titan Two have support for generic HID gaming devices. Therefore, your T.HOTAS One in PC mode should work with the Titan Two. In this case what the Titan Two will do is convert the inputs from the flight stick to a regular gamepad protocol (PS4, XB1, PS3, etc ... depending on the console in use). You can then use Input Translators or scripts to perform any button remapping needed, including make adjustments on the stick sensitivity.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

PreviousNext

Return to Gtuner IV Support