Thrustmaster t.flight Hotas 4 support?

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Re: Thrustmaster t.flight Hotas 4 support?

Postby Capt moore » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:02 pm

I have a quick follow up question or two.

My understanding is that this device only outputs whatever is plugged into it as a standard controller on the other end. For example, plug in a wheel controller, Xbox flight controller, pc flightstick, guitar controller etc, and it can only output a standard control pad to the console, Am I correct?

To say it another way, if I had a pc wheel, and wanted it to be registered as a Xbox 360 wheel, it currently can’t do that. All it will output is a standard controller. Am I correct?

Let me take a real world example, the game hawx has a couple of control configurations, they are not configurable by the user.
When it detects a real Xbox 360 flightstick is connected, it uses the twist stick as an analog rudder control. If the game detects a standard Gamepad, it maps the rudder to the left and right shoulder button controls (these are on/off only) controls.
If my thinking is correct, when using a titan 2, the Hawx game will detect the titan two as a Gamepad, no matter what controls areactually plugged into the device. If I want to use the twist rudder for yaw, using a pc hotas setup, I will have to create a script to turn the analog axis into digital button presses. (I imagine to get something other than on/off with that axis would require the script to rapidly hold and release the rudder buttons to approximate an analog control, which would be a nightmare for someone with zero programming experience to figure out.)

Is there future plans to add a feature to force the titan two to output other than Gamepad specs to the supported consoles in the future?

While I expect console flightstick support is a niche use case, I would think the market for guitar/music controllers, and steering wheels controller output would be much larger segment of users.
User avatar
Capt moore
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:52 pm

Re: Thrustmaster t.flight Hotas 4 support?

Postby Capt moore » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:31 pm

I went ahead and ordered a titan 2 on amazon today, as many of the flight games have the pitch, roll, yaw, & throttle mapped to the analog controls of the standard Gamepad, or can be remapped to that configuration. I found some scripts for another titan like device that can probably be modified to work with the titan 2, I may need to ask lots of questions to get everything running properly however.

Still hopefully some kind of feature to have the titan 2 simulate non-Gamepad controllers will be developed at some point, it would be a useful feature.
User avatar
Capt moore
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:52 pm

Re: Thrustmaster t.flight Hotas 4 support?

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:25 pm

Capt moore wrote:My understanding is that this device only outputs whatever is plugged into it as a standard controller on the other end. For example, plug in a wheel controller, Xbox flight controller, pc flightstick, guitar controller etc, and it can only output a standard control pad to the console, Am I correct?

Regularly this is true. However you can configure the Titan Two to output as other devices such as keyboard, mouse, HID joystick, Logitech steering wheel. More output protocols will be implemented in future firmware updates.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
User avatar
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army
 
Posts: 18134
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:39 pm

Re: Thrustmaster t.flight Hotas 4 support?

Postby Capt moore » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:56 pm

J2Kbr wrote:
Capt moore wrote:My understanding is that this device only outputs whatever is plugged into it as a standard controller on the other end. For example, plug in a wheel controller, Xbox flight controller, pc flightstick, guitar controller etc, and it can only output a standard control pad to the console, Am I correct?

Regularly this is true. However you can configure the Titan Two to output as other devices such as keyboard, mouse, HID joystick, Logitech steering wheel. More output protocols will be implemented in future firmware updates.


Thank you. I received my Titan 2 the other day, and I had a chance to play a little bit with it.

Running the flightstick controller in Xbox mode caused some strange outputs, such as button 8 outputting values such as over 400% depending on which flightstick buttons were pushed. I couldn’t get it to directly pass thru either, so it did nothing on the Xbox one. Multiple buttons on the flightstick changed the button 8 output number.

It worked more normally in 4/6 axis pc mode. One odd thing is the rudder toe breaks are reversed, they start at 100% and move to zero as the brakes pressure is increased.

Is there either a translator, or a script that can reverse the axis for those controls? Or better yet both?

I have not had the time to try and configure the device to use on an Xbox 360 yet.

I have been trying to write a conversion to use the flightstick to play Blazing Angels (BC on Xbox one). The challenges are to have a rotating stick button for engine start, and to map the controls to normal a b x y (probably on the throttle) during a QuickTime event (used to repair aircraft damage during a mission. Finally I need to map the controls for using the game menus, the flight controls are odd, so when I map them for normal flight controls the menu is become unusable.

Is there a rough time frame when flightstick input/output mapping for Xbox 360/Xbox one will be added to the firmware? The new ace combat games comes out in January, so I suspect demand will pick up to use older Flightsticks with the newer systems, and a desire to use a new flightstick on the older consoles (to justify the flight controller cost.)
User avatar
Capt moore
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:52 pm

Re: Thrustmaster t.flight Hotas 4 support?

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:51 pm

Capt moore wrote:Running the flightstick controller in Xbox mode caused some strange outputs, such as button 8 outputting values such as over 400% depending on which flightstick buttons were pushed.

Please capture and post here the USB descriptors of flightstick in Xbox mode. On Gtuner IV, with the Titan Two connected to computer, go to top menu Tools -> "Fetch Descriptors ...". Now plug the flightstick to any port on the Titan Two. The descriptors will show in the window, click on the button "Copy Descriptors" and post here. Thank you.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
User avatar
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army
 
Posts: 18134
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:39 pm

Re: Thrustmaster t.flight Hotas 4 support?

Postby Capt moore » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:23 am

J2Kbr wrote:
Capt moore wrote:Running the flightstick controller in Xbox mode caused some strange outputs, such as button 8 outputting values such as over 400% depending on which flightstick buttons were pushed.

Please capture and post here the USB descriptors of flightstick in Xbox mode. On Gtuner IV, with the Titan Two connected to computer, go to top menu Tools -> "Fetch Descriptors ...". Now plug the flightstick to any port on the Titan Two. The descriptors will show in the window, click on the button "Copy Descriptors" and post here. Thank you.


I am out of town working, but I should be able to try to capture that information after i get home. (Monday or Tuesday of next week.)
User avatar
Capt moore
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:52 pm

Re: Thrustmaster t.flight Hotas 4 support?

Postby Capt moore » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:49 am

J2Kbr wrote:
Capt moore wrote:Running the flightstick controller in Xbox mode caused some strange outputs, such as button 8 outputting values such as over 400% depending on which flightstick buttons were pushed.

Please capture and post here the USB descriptors of flightstick in Xbox mode. On Gtuner IV, with the Titan Two connected to computer, go to top menu Tools -> "Fetch Descriptors ...". Now plug the flightstick to any port on the Titan Two. The descriptors will show in the window, click on the button "Copy Descriptors" and post here. Thank you.


Here is the information you wanted: Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS ONE (Xbox one official flightstick. switch in Xbox mode)

[USB DESCRIPTOR]
12 01 00 02 FF FF FF 40 4F 04 8C B6 00 01 01 02 03 01 09 02 20 00 01 01 00 A0 32 09 04 00 00 02 FF 47 D0 00 07 05 81 03 40 00 04 07 05 01 03 40 00 04

[STRING 1 DESCRIPTOR]
00 00 00 02 00 00 02 01 80 06 03 01 04 09 00 1A
1A 03 54 00 68 00 72 00 75 00 73 00 74 00 6D 00 61 00 73 00 74 00 65 00 72 00

[STRING 2 DESCRIPTOR]
00 00 00 02 00 00 02 01 80 06 03 02 04 09 00 26
26 03 54 00 2E 00 46 00 6C 00 69 00 67 00 68 00 74 00 20 00 48 00 6F 00 74 00 61 00 73 00 20 00 4F 00 6E 00 65 00

[STRING 3 DESCRIPTOR]
00 00 00 02 00 00 02 01 80 06 03 03 04 09 00 22
22 03 30 00 30 00 30 00 30 00 45 00 45 00 32 00 31 00 39 00 36 00 38 00 39 00 33 00 39 00 32 00 37 00
User avatar
Capt moore
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:52 pm

Re: Thrustmaster t.flight Hotas 4 support?

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:28 am

Thank you, here is the descriptors decoded:
Code: Select all
[USB DESCRIPTOR]
12           bLength: 18
01           bDescriptorType: 1 - DEVICE
00 02        bcdUSB: 2.00
FF           bDeviceClass: 255 (FF)
FF           bDeviceSubClass: 255 (FF)
FF           bDeviceProtocol: 255 (FF)
40           bMaxPacketSize0: 64
4F 04        idVendor: 044F
8C B6        idProduct: B68C
00 01        bcdDevice: 1.00
01           iManufacturer: 1
02           iProduct: 2
03           iSerialNumber: 3
01           bNumConfigurations: 1

09           bLength: 9
02           bDescriptorType: 2 - CONFIGURATION
20 00        wTotalLength: 32
01           bNumInterfaces: 1
01           bConfigurationValue: 1
00           iConfiguration: 0
A0           bmAttributes: 160 (Bus Powered, Remote Wakeup)
32           MaxPower: 100mA

09             bLength: 9
04             bDescriptorType: 4 - INTERFACE
00             bInterfaceNumber: 0
00             bAlternateSetting: 0
02             bNumEndpoints: 2
FF             bInterfaceClass: 255 (FF)
47             bInterfaceSubClass: 71 (47)
D0             bInterfaceProtocol: 208 (D0)
00             iInterface: 0

07               bLength: 7
05               bDescriptorType: 5 - ENDPOINT
81               bEndpointAddress: 1 IN
03               bmAttributes: 3 (Interrupt, None, Data)
40 00            wMaxPacketSize: 64
04               bInterval: 4

07               bLength: 7
05               bDescriptorType: 5 - ENDPOINT
01               bEndpointAddress: 1 OUT
03               bmAttributes: 3 (Interrupt, None, Data)
40 00            wMaxPacketSize: 64
04               bInterval: 4

[STRING 1 DESCRIPTOR]
Thrustmaster

[STRING 2 DESCRIPTOR]
T.Flight Hotas One

[STRING 3 DESCRIPTOR]
0000EE2196893927

It seems to be Xbox One standard, please allow me further research to check why some inputs (the triggers, any other?) are being wrongly normalized.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
User avatar
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army
 
Posts: 18134
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:39 pm

Re: Thrustmaster t.flight Hotas 4 support?

Postby Capt moore » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:46 am

J2Kbr wrote:Thank you, here is the descriptors decoded:
Code: Select all
[USB DESCRIPTOR]
12           bLength: 18
01           bDescriptorType: 1 - DEVICE
00 02        bcdUSB: 2.00
FF           bDeviceClass: 255 (FF)
FF           bDeviceSubClass: 255 (FF)
FF           bDeviceProtocol: 255 (FF)
40           bMaxPacketSize0: 64
4F 04        idVendor: 044F
8C B6        idProduct: B68C
00 01        bcdDevice: 1.00
01           iManufacturer: 1
02           iProduct: 2
03           iSerialNumber: 3
01           bNumConfigurations: 1

09           bLength: 9
02           bDescriptorType: 2 - CONFIGURATION
20 00        wTotalLength: 32
01           bNumInterfaces: 1
01           bConfigurationValue: 1
00           iConfiguration: 0
A0           bmAttributes: 160 (Bus Powered, Remote Wakeup)
32           MaxPower: 100mA

09             bLength: 9
04             bDescriptorType: 4 - INTERFACE
00             bInterfaceNumber: 0
00             bAlternateSetting: 0
02             bNumEndpoints: 2
FF             bInterfaceClass: 255 (FF)
47             bInterfaceSubClass: 71 (47)
D0             bInterfaceProtocol: 208 (D0)
00             iInterface: 0

07               bLength: 7
05               bDescriptorType: 5 - ENDPOINT
81               bEndpointAddress: 1 IN
03               bmAttributes: 3 (Interrupt, None, Data)
40 00            wMaxPacketSize: 64
04               bInterval: 4

07               bLength: 7
05               bDescriptorType: 5 - ENDPOINT
01               bEndpointAddress: 1 OUT
03               bmAttributes: 3 (Interrupt, None, Data)
40 00            wMaxPacketSize: 64
04               bInterval: 4

[STRING 1 DESCRIPTOR]
Thrustmaster

[STRING 2 DESCRIPTOR]
T.Flight Hotas One

[STRING 3 DESCRIPTOR]
0000EE2196893927

It seems to be Xbox One standard, please allow me further research to check why some inputs (the triggers, any other?) are being wrongly normalized.


I think it was several buttons, I have to go out of town for a funeral so I won’t have time until next week to verify exactly which buttons do what. I think it was several buttons on the joystick affected both button 5 & 8. Pressing multiple combonations produced even odder number results.

I think there are more buttons on this flightstick than a regular Xbox controller. I wonder if they combined multiple stick buttons into one or two standard Xbox buttons, and the Xbox decodes the result on it’s end.
User avatar
Capt moore
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:52 pm

Re: Thrustmaster t.flight Hotas 4 support?

Postby Therigwin » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:11 pm

Hello. I am new to this product.

I did some research and based on the website thought this was the solution.

I purchased the product to work with the Thrustmaster t.flight Hotas 4 to be used in No Man's Sky on the PS4. (Silly, I know)

So we got passthrough mode work, but since No Man's Sky doesn't allow for changing of buttons, etc we were going to use Titan Two to do the following:

1. Invert the flight controls for up and down
2. Setup yaw for turning in flight mode.
3. Setup the Throttle to go forwards and back.
4. Remap some buttons
Setup multiple configs (Human Mode, Starship Mode, Land Vehicle Mode)

So, right now, it is only detecting the HOTAS 4 as a PS4 standard controller and not a HOTAS 4.

When we installed the WIndows Drivers, hooked the system up directly to the computer and did the Monitoring via the Device Monitor, we were able to detect everything fine minus the rocker switch that is on the throttle.

Here is the Descriptors for the device:
[USB DESCRIPTOR]
12 01 10 01 00 00 00 40 4F 04 7B B6 00 01 01 02 00 01 09 02 29 00 01 01 00 80 32 09 04 00 00 02 03 00 00 00 09 21 11 01 00 01 22 A0 00 07 05 84 03 40 00 05 07 05 03 03 40 00 05

[STRING 1 DESCRIPTOR]
00 00 00 03 00 00 02 01 80 06 03 01 04 09 00 1A
1A 03 54 00 68 00 72 00 75 00 73 00 74 00 6D 00 61 00 73 00 74 00 65 00 72 00

[STRING 2 DESCRIPTOR]
00 00 00 03 00 00 02 01 80 06 03 02 04 09 00 1E
1E 03 54 00 2E 00 46 00 6C 00 69 00 67 00 68 00 74 00 20 00 48 00 6F 00 74 00 61 00 73 00

[INTERFACE 0 HID DESCRIPTOR]
00 00 00 03 00 00 02 01 81 06 22 00 00 00 00 A0
05 01 09 05 A1 01 85 01 09 30 09 31 09 32 09 35 15 00 26 FF 00 75 08 95 04 81 02 09 39 15 00 25 07 35 00 46 3B 01 65 14 75 04 95 01 81 42 65 00 05 09 19 01 29 0E 15 00 25 01 75 01 95 0E 81 02 06 00 FF 09 20 75 06 95 01 81 02 05 01 09 33 09 34 15 00 26 FF 00 75 08 95 02 81 02 06 00 FF 09 21 95 36 81 02 85 05 09 22 95 1F 91 02 85 03 0A 21 27 95 2F B1 02 C0 06 F0 FF 09 40 A1 01 85 F0 09 47 95 3F B1 02 85 F1 09 48 95 3F B1 02 85 F2 09 49 95 0F B1 02 85 F3 0A 01 47 95 07 B1 02 C0

Really want to be able to use this.

Are we going to get this ability soon?

Thanks
Therigwin
User avatar
Therigwin
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:44 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Gtuner IV Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests