Using a 12 button mouse on ps4 with gtuner iv titan 2

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Re: Using a 12 button mouse on ps4 with gtuner iv titan 2

Postby offroad_racer » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:23 am

ive tried different steps and im getting nothing from the Footswitch which i can make the 2 pedals be a key press, mouse click, etc have (c & spacebar assigened now) and for the mouse im only getting of the movement translating into stick 2s x & y and the two mouse button clicks 15 & 16 being cross and circle, doesnt matter whether i use the 12 button logitech g600 plug into the titan 2 or into the pc and capture, same result. i get the same result with a std mouse as well.
offroad_racer
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:40 am

Hi offroad_racer. First the mouse. Please note the default mapping for mice is exactly what you are describing (movement + 2 buttons). You need load on the Titan Two an Input Translator (or GPC Script) with the mappings you want. I can help you with that if you make a list of the desired mappings, for example:

Left Button -> R2
Right Button -> L2
Middle Button -> Triangle
and so on...

Thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Scachi » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:24 am

For my mouse, logitech g502, I am not able to get all my mouse buttons to be recognized as mouse buttons, only button 1, 2 and 3.
The only way I can use all my buttons with the T2 is to assign keyboard keys to them via the logitech software first and save it on the mouse memory. I am fine with that.

But I am wondering if anybody has a mouse with > 3 butons where all or more buttons are deteced as mouse buttons by the T2 ?

I used this code to test my mouse button mappings:
Code: Select all
#include <keyboard.gph>
#include <mouse.gph>

main {
  output_keycode();
  output_mouse();
}

void output_keycode() {
    static uint8 previous_keycode;
    uint8 keycode;

keycode = key_check();
    if(keycode != previous_keycode) {
        if(keycode) {
            printf("Keypress, Key Code: %02X", keycode);
        }
        previous_keycode = keycode;
    }
    return;
}

void output_mouse() {
  int8 i, wheel;
  static int8 m[20];
  if (mouse_status(MREPORT_UPDATED)) {
    if (wheel=mouse_status(MOUSE_WHEEL)) {
      if (wheel==1) printf("Mouse Wheel Forward");
      if (wheel==-1) printf("Mouse Wheel Backward");
    }
    for (i=4;i<19;i++) {
      if (mouse_status(i)) {
        if (m[i]==0) printf("Mouse Button pressed: %d",i-3);
        m[i]=1;
      } else {
        if (m[i]==1) printf("Mouse Button released: %d",i-3);
        m[i]=0;
      }
    }
  }
}

As an example, this is the output from my mouse for some of its buttons with its current active mapping run via KMG Cature:
GVM Output: Mouse Button pressed: 1
GVM Output: Mouse Button released: 1
GVM Output: Mouse Button pressed: 2
GVM Output: Mouse Button released: 2
GVM Output: Mouse Button pressed: 3
GVM Output: Mouse Button released: 3
GVM Output: Mouse Wheel Backward
GVM Output: Mouse Wheel Forward
GVM Output: Keypress, Key Code: E0
GVM Output: Keypress, Key Code: 4E
GVM Output: Keypress, Key Code: 4B
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Sillyasskid » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:56 am

Scachi wrote:But I am wondering if anybody has a mouse with > 3 butons where all or more buttons are deteced as mouse buttons by the T2 ?

mouse button 1 is Left mouse button.
mouse button 2 is Right mouse button.
mouse button 3 is Middle mouse button.
mouse button 4 is Forward mouse button.
mouse button 5 is Backwards mouse button.
I don't know what buttons 6 thru 16 are, I've never came across any mice that utilize these buttons.
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby Prototype » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:00 pm

I have a 13 buttons mouse, only 5 buttons are detected with your code Sillyasskid. If i want to use the others buttons i have to map some KB keys to the buttons with the Logitech software.
Console tuner since my 1st controller.
Scripting, a game in the game.
Believe or dare, It's Titanic! :smile0517:
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby Sillyasskid » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:29 pm

prototype wrote:I have a 13 buttons mouse, only 5 buttons are detected with your code Sillyasskid. If i want to use the others buttons i have to map some KB keys to the buttons with the Logitech software.
That's because those additional 8 other buttons on your mouse are not actual mouse buttons When you plug your mouse into the pc or T2, you will notice its detected as a Mouse as well as a keyboard, hence the ability to map keyboard keys to each button on your mouse.

I did some more research on the actual function of buttons 6 thru 16. It turns out they are not your normal buttons that windows can detect.

Buttons 6 thru 16 are auxiliary buttons. 11 in total.Your mouse has software that allows you to map these aux buttons to certain functions/tasks or even keys. However you are not able to map these buttons to their actual aux index value.

This is likely do to the mouse brand trying to force to use their own special software to customize your mouse settings,
You know what I'm talking about.... those cheeky mouse brands, the ones that force to to sign up in order to even use their mouse (as advertised on the box). *cough razer* :whistling: lol but I digress.

My advice to everyone else who is still having issues. Detecting their mouse buttons with the Titan Two.

Buttons 1 thru 5 should be easily detected with the Titan Two. It should be quite rare to have a mousse detect any of the Buttons, 6 thru 16. Because these buttons are generally assigned to non mouse functions. Like dpi or rgb switches, and most commonly assigned to an actual keyboard key.

Luckily the Titan Two can see keyboard keys, so it seems the basic solution for detecting all additional mouse buttons, is to see if you can change the function of the additional mouse button to keyboard key. This is done through your mouses software, Some mice may allow this others may not.

Secondly even if your mouse software does support mapping keys to specific mouse buttons, your mouse may lack on board memory, and if it does. Then this means the mouse will default to the regular buttonss if you unplug the mouse from your computer.

If all goes well, you can control your additional mouse buttons, by simply using the keyboard mappings with the Titan Two,
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby offroad_racer » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:07 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Hi offroad_racer. First the mouse. Please note the default mapping for mice is exactly what you are describing (movement + 2 buttons). You need load on the Titan Two an Input Translator (or GPC Script) with the mappings you want. I can help you with that if you make a list of the desired mappings, for example:

Left Button -> R2
Right Button -> L2
Middle Button -> Triangle
and so on...

Thanks.

im not sure how to save it in the software. right now my profile i have has these keys assigned to it, im using logitech 9.0 if if i click the profile i can save, there is a scripting, export, test profile, set as default, set as persistent, properties, and an all button that says use generic or default

here is my destiny 2 set up

i have middle mouse wheel press as F (jump)
middle wheel left press V (rift)
middle wheel right press R (reload)
3rd mouse click button Shift (run)
G8 button F1 (character)
G7 button Tab (ghost)
G9 E (interact)
G10 X (
G11 ESC
G12 Q (grenade)
G13 Ctrl (crouch)
G14 3 (power weapon)
G15 A (left)
G16 w (forward)
G17 D (right)
G18 A (left)
G19 S (back)
G20 D (right)

and my footswitch is currently setup to

left foot is C (melee)
right foot Space (super/mount)

but when i unplug from pc and plug into titan 2 i dont see those keys pop up
offroad_racer
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby offroad_racer » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:08 pm

Scachi wrote:For my mouse, logitech g502, I am not able to get all my mouse buttons to be recognized as mouse buttons, only button 1, 2 and 3.
The only way I can use all my buttons with the T2 is to assign keyboard keys to them via the logitech software first and save it on the mouse memory. I am fine with that.

But I am wondering if anybody has a mouse with > 3 butons where all or more buttons are deteced as mouse buttons by the T2 ?

I used this code to test my mouse button mappings:
#include <keyboard.gph>
#include <mouse.gph>

main {
  output_keycode();
  output_mouse();
}

void output_keycode() {
    static uint8 previous_keycode;
    uint8 keycode;

keycode = key_check();
    if(keycode != previous_keycode) {
        if(keycode) {
            printf("Keypress, Key Code: %02X", keycode);
        }
        previous_keycode = keycode;
    }
    return;
}

void output_mouse() {
  int8 i, wheel;
  static int8 m[20];
  if (mouse_status(MREPORT_UPDATED)) {
    if (wheel=mouse_status(MOUSE_WHEEL)) {
      if (wheel==1) printf("Mouse Wheel Forward");
      if (wheel==-1) printf("Mouse Wheel Backward");
    }
    for (i=4;i<19;i++) {
      if (mouse_status(i)) {
        if (m[i]==0) printf("Mouse Button pressed: %d",i-3);
        m[i]=1;
      } else {
        if (m[i]==1) printf("Mouse Button released: %d",i-3);
        m[i]=0;
      }
    }
  }
}

As an example, this is the output from my mouse for some of its buttons with its current active mapping run via KMG Cature:
GVM Output: Mouse Button pressed: 1
GVM Output: Mouse Button released: 1
GVM Output: Mouse Button pressed: 3
GVM Output: Mouse Button released: 3
GVM Output: Mouse Wheel Backward
GVM Output: Mouse Wheel Forward
GVM Output: Keypress, Key Code: E0
GVM Output: Keypress, Key Code: 4E
GVM Output: Keypress, Key Code: 4B

how do you save to mouse memory is t logitech 9.0
offroad_racer
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby offroad_racer » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:09 pm

prototype wrote:I have a 13 buttons mouse, only 5 buttons are detected with your code Sillyasskid. If i want to use the others buttons i have to map some KB keys to the buttons with the Logitech software.

did u figure it out... which logitech mouse you have g600?
offroad_racer
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby offroad_racer » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:10 pm

Sillyasskid wrote:
That's because those additional 8 other buttons on your mouse are not actual mouse buttons When you plug your mouse into the pc or T2, you will notice its detected as a Mouse as well as a keyboard, hence the ability to map keyboard keys to each button on your mouse.

I did some more research on the actual function of buttons 6 thru 16. It turns out they are not your normal buttons that windows can detect.

Buttons 6 thru 16 are auxiliary buttons. 11 in total.Your mouse has software that allows you to map these aux buttons to certain functions/tasks or even keys. However you are not able to map these buttons to their actual aux index value.

This is likely do to the mouse brand trying to force to use their own special software to customize your mouse settings,
You know what I'm talking about.... those cheeky mouse brands, the ones that force to to sign up in order to even use their mouse (as advertised on the box). *cough razer* :whistling: lol but I digress.

My advice to everyone else who is still having issues. Detecting their mouse buttons with the Titan Two.

Buttons 1 thru 5 should be easily detected with the Titan Two. It should be quite rare to have a mousse detect any of the Buttons, 6 thru 16. Because these buttons are generally assigned to non mouse functions. Like dpi or rgb switches, and most commonly assigned to an actual keyboard key.

Luckily the Titan Two can see keyboard keys, so it seems the basic solution for detecting all additional mouse buttons, is to see if you can change the function of the additional mouse button to keyboard key. This is done through your mouses software, Some mice may allow this others may not.

Secondly even if your mouse software does support mapping keys to specific mouse buttons, your mouse may lack on board memory, and if it does. Then this means the mouse will default to the regular buttonss if you unplug the mouse from your computer.

If all goes well, you can control your additional mouse buttons, by simply using the keyboard mappings with the Titan Two,

the second half of this worries
offroad_racer
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Gtuner IV Support