T.Flight HOTAS One

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Re: T.Flight HOTAS One

Postby Spieler » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:51 pm

Hello Capt moore,

I have to admit, that I have learned the lesson the hard way.
But as it currently stands the XBOX (or any other console) is no good for "serious" Gameplay from my point of view.
I have been playing on PC for quite a while and in comparison to the console I always had more options and better experience on the PC.
You could connect additional hardware easily (sticks, wheels, displays, ...).
In many cases the console version is reduced in comparison.
For me games like Doom are easier and better played with keyboard and mouse.
(And I think most people on the forum here would agree, as it seems to be the main usage for the device.)
For a flight sim (Elite Dangerous or air-plane) it is ever worse from my point of view.
So when the next Flight Simulator gets on the market and I am tempted to get it, then most likely not for any console.

Best regards,
Martin
Spieler
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Capt moore » Thu May 14, 2020 2:11 pm

Spieler wrote:Hello Capt moore,

I have to admit, that I have learned the lesson the hard way.
But as it currently stands the XBOX (or any other console) is no good for "serious" Gameplay from my point of view.
I have been playing on PC for quite a while and in comparison to the console I always had more options and better experience on the PC.
You could connect additional hardware easily (sticks, wheels, displays, ...).
In many cases the console version is reduced in comparison.
For me games like Doom are easier and better played with keyboard and mouse.
(And I think most people on the forum here would agree, as it seems to be the main usage for the device.)
For a flight sim (Elite Dangerous or air-plane) it is ever worse from my point of view.
So when the next Flight Simulator gets on the market and I am tempted to get it, then most likely not for any console.

Best regards,
Martin

I am really hoping Microsoft changes the flight sim “gameL with it’s FlightSim 2020 on the Xbox. I have a Xbox and Mac/iPad, no windows machine. Right now I am running X-Plane 11 just fine on my iMac, and I don’t have room for two computers on my desk (or the budget for a dedicated pc just for flightsim.)

The nice thing about consoles is that they just work, no messing with drivers, video card issues, antivirus, etc. As I get older (With far less free time) I care less about tweaking a bunch of stuff, I just want to get a game up and running quickly with the minimum of fuss.

In my view both pc & consoles & iPad have their uses.

I own the titan 2 as I use it as a controller converter, mostly to use my Xbox one flight stick/rudders with the x360, and to make it compatible with gamepad only apps. I don’t use it for controller mods/hacks, like I suspect most people who buy this use it for. (So far I have converted the blazing angels games from gamepad to xbox flightstick, and developed a method to add usb rudder pedals to x360 flightsticks.)

Hopefully at some point the titan two will be able to present itself as a native box one/360 flightstick, it is my number one requested feature.
Capt moore
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Spieler » Thu May 28, 2020 7:09 am

Capt moore wrote:...
Hopefully at some point the titan two will be able to present itself as a native box one/360 flightstick, it is my number one requested feature.

Hallo Capt moore,

That was the only reason for me to buy it.
I noticed too late that it does not work.

I have a home made solution in the drawer that can connect a mouse or keyboard or another controller to the XBOX to remap functions of a original controller. It needs a PC (I think a Raspberry Pi would also work), but all that is available here.
So currently there is no benefit for me in the TITAN.
(I even understood the programming much better with the homemade solution.)
I currently do not use it because the hope that the TITAN will soon work did not yet die.

Concerning the Flight Sim I see your point. However for me the XBOX is to much limiting the user concerning connecting external devices like switch-boxes I would like to use with a Flight Sim.
And Yes that flexibility is in many cases also the reason for some hiccups.
(And I do have the PC, which might need an upgrade for that, and the space.)

Best regards
Spieler
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Spieler » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:00 pm

Hello,
I did not follow if there were any updates concerning the HOTAS One situation.
But the last info is quite some time back.
Will we get the possibility to use other HOTAS and get them simulated as HOTAS One for the XBOX.
(Or do I simple have to throw away the TITAN because it will not support what I bought if for?)
Best regards,
Martin
Spieler
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Capt moore » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:15 pm

MSFS is releasing Tuesday. We really either need true flightstick support (spoofing an Xbox flight controller rather than a gamepad), or simply admit it is not going to come anytime soon so those who need to can invest in the upcoming Xbox flight control options.

Here are the known Xbox one/series flight controller options (current and upcoming) that should hopefully get emulated by the titan two,

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/07/22/ ... cessories/

EDIT: I may try to do some custom mapping myself like I did a couple of other games, but I anticipate it will be pretty complex and I am very out of practice with the titan software/hardware.
Capt moore
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to Gtuner IV Support