T.Flight HOTAS One

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Re: T.Flight HOTAS One

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:08 am

I have plans to add a flightstick output protocol to the Titan Two, something like we have for steering wheels. I have just don't know yet what would be the best protocol to emulate.

Capt moore wrote:My guess is that a games decide to change configurations (gamepad or flightstick) based on the vid/pid usb id of the connected controller?

Mostly like this is how the game controller detection works.

Capt moore wrote:Is it possible to simply allow the titan to present a “fake” id, allowing the titan two connected to both a wired Xbox 360 gamepad (to still allow for authentication) and pc flight controls to work? The titan would present a faked flightstick vid/pid usb id (forcing the game in flightstick mode) and then use the mapped pc usb flightstick for the actual game inputs.

Unfortunately custom composite USB devices (such as you described) does not works on consoles. For official controllers the console usually skips/ignore the enumeration process and just load the controller driver. Or, if the enumeration results are not what is expected, the console refuses connection from the connected controller.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Capt moore » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:12 pm

In this case I guess the limited choices of flightstick hardware actually help vs hinder when selecting which controls to emulate.

I have only heard about the thrustmaster hotas one and the Hori flightstick for the Xbox one. To my limited knowledge, they have the same electronic inputs and outputs, except the Hori has a headset jack vs the thrustmaster.

Wired:
https://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T-F ... B07643TW2V
https://www.amazon.com/HORI-Combat-Hota ... B07JKNGPWW

The x360 console only had 3 three flightstick choices, a wireless one (cyborg fly9?) the saitek av8r, and the Hori ace combat 6. I own both the Hori/av8r, and they behave identically (other than the physical differences twist vs rudder bar, placement of a look stick, etc.). The Titan two currently works with both wired Xbox 360 flightstick when I tested them, and both authenticated without issues on the console. The only issue is that they are out of production and spare parts are not available.

Wired:
https://www.amazon.com/Ace-Combat-Fires ... B000UHEA0Y
https://www.amazon.com/Saitek-Aviator-F ... B001EYU1W8

Wireless:
https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Cyborg- ... 0039SLVT4/

I am not sure about ps4 or ps3 options, I think ps4 only has the same two choices (thrustmaster & Hori). I am not sure about the ps3 flightsticks.
Capt moore
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:10 am

Thank you for compiling this list, very helpful. appreciated.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Capt moore » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:10 pm

I posted the descriptors for both xbox 360 flightstick I own in another post, to keep things clean when dealing with different console systems:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12821
Capt moore
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Capt moore » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:39 pm

I saw that the firmware was updated, but I couldn't get the flightstick to work in any manor, it has the same issues as before.

I updated the SD card (just press the configure button on the device configuration on gtuner, right?) but nothing changed. Is there something else I need to do?

I still get the odd .2 button presses, the controller goes to full down in the xbox menu.
Capt moore
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:47 am

Did you tried with the Hotas One in PC mode? thanks.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Capt moore » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:17 am

J2Kbr wrote:Did you tried with the Hotas One in PC mode? thanks.

I did not try it in pc mode, for two reasons.

1. The xbox one will not authenticate the controller in PC mode.
2. PC mode worked without issues in previous firmware, no specific support was required.
Capt moore
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:55 am

Understood. In the firmware recently released did not have updates made specifically for Xbox mode. However, the descriptors and captured data you PM me will be of great help for this implementation. Thank you.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Capt moore » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:41 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Understood. In the firmware recently released did not have updates made specifically for Xbox mode. However, the descriptors and captured data you PM me will be of great help for this implementation. Thank you.

Thank you for all the work with supporting these “uncommon” controllers with the titan two. I will be awaiting future updates, and trying to hack what support I can figure out for now.
Capt moore
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Capt moore » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:08 am

J2Kbr wrote:Understood. In the firmware recently released did not have updates made specifically for Xbox mode. However, the descriptors and captured data you PM me will be of great help for this implementation. Thank you.

I saw on the ps4 flightstick thread that work will start soon with trying to figure out how to emulate a flghtstick (vs standard controller) for that system. Hopefully the Xbox flightstick one/360 protocol can also be figured out for those who want to use pc yokes/hotas (via the titan two) instead of the Xbox official (very limited) options.

Please keep us posted if possible about any future developments.

Edit: With Microsoft flight sim 2020 apparently getting released on both pc & Xbox one I can see lots of interest in making more controllers compatible, especially if Microsoft keeps the Xbox version locket to official controllers only.
Capt moore
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Gtuner IV Support