KMG Capture not detecting Steam Controller as controller

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

KMG Capture not detecting Steam Controller as controller

Postby Ceane » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:35 am

Hey there, I've recently purchased a Titan Two and have been trying to work out the best way to use my Steam Controller with it and so far KMG capture seems like it would be the best option (so that I can use the Steam API to customise).

I've got the controller set up in Steam's API to output controller bindings (except for the right trackpad as a mouse), which normally works for any game that accepts controller input. However when I enter KMG Capture mode with Mouse and Gamepad/Joystick checked, only the mouse input is recognised. Keyboard inputs are also recognised by Gtuner if I set up the Steam Controller to emulate a keyboard. But I haven't been able to get it to detect any gamepad/joystick signals.

Any ideas on how I can get this to work?
Attachments
Steam Controller configuration.png
Steam Controller configuration.png (247.97 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
Ceane
Corporal
Corporal

Re: KMG Capture not detecting Steam Controller as controller

Postby Ceane » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:54 am

Update: I've tried using GloSC to force the Steam Controller to give XInput signals, and it has (partially) helped. Now when I turn on KMG capture and press any controller button, Device Monitor gets stuck receiving signals from Buttons 11 (DPad Down), 13 (DPad Right), STICK_1_X, STICK_2_X, and STICK_2_Y. If I push other buttons on the DPad, down and right will unstick but once I stop pushing the other DPad buttons they stick again. The sticks don't resolve themselves.

I've checked in Device Manager and the HID-compliant game controller there works perfectly when I test it, so I know it's not specifically to do with the controller.

Any idea what's going on here?

EDIT: I've also tried using the input translator to see if changing buttons 11 and 13 to different ones changes anything, and it doesn't. It still sends continuous input for 11 and 13.
Attachments
GloSC KMG.png
GloSC KMG.png (110.27 KiB) Viewed 1432 times
Ceane
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:32 pm

I've never tested the Steam controller with KMG Capture. I will shortly do.

Based in your message, as for the mouse and keyboard bindings everything works as expected. The issue is with the joystick bindings. I will be testing to get it working preferable without using GloSC.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Ceane » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:46 am

Thanks for offering to help! Were you able to figure out what the issue was?
Ceane
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:46 pm

For some reason Gtuner IV is not detecting the steam controller using the regular HID usages. So far I have just tested to check what you reported. Pior the next Gtuner IV release I will investigate more deeply. Thank you
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Ceane » Fri May 17, 2019 8:52 am

Hi J2Kbr, how did your investigation go?
Ceane
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Gtuner IV Support