Input Translator for PC Fortnite

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Input Translator for PC Fortnite

Postby uhsoka » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:40 am

Hello, I have been using the titan two with the mouse and keyboard input translator for fortnite ps4 for a few months now. However, my ps4 broke recently and the only way to use my sony nav and mouse is to plug the titan two directly into my PC and play fortnite on there since there is controller support. However, on controller PC, the look mechanics feel different and the input translator feels completely off compared to PS4, especially when you ADS(feels like the deadzone is off, small movements from my mouse don't register on screen). At first I thought it was because the PC refresh rate is 144hz while console is 60hz, so I tried it at 60hz on PC and the same issue still occured, I'm assuming its because the PC controller version of fortnite uses different deadzones/look mechanics? I'm wondering, is it possible for anyone to re-calibrate and make an MnK input-translator for PC? I tried using a mouse and keyboard natively on PC but couldn't do it since I get hand cramps when using a keyboard and the fact that i've gotten so use to playing/building using a sony nav and mouse on ps4. I've tried tinkering with the in-game deadzone settings but it didn't help/still felt off. Any help would be greatly appreciated! There is also creative mode/playground where you can play/test fortnite by yourself now, which would make the process easier for any mods that get on the game to recalibrate a separate input translator for PC . Im also willing to pay for this, since one of the main reasons I got a titan two was to play Fortnite with a sony nav and mouse but haven't been able to do so with a broken ps4 which is a bummer. Thanks for your time!
uhsoka
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Input Translator for PC Fortnite

Postby Relinquished » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:44 pm

Use your ps4 input translator but change the deadzones in the mouse section to 25-28 thats the numbers that work best for me try inbetween that range
Relinquished
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby uhsoka » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:09 pm

Relinquished wrote:Use your ps4 input translator but change the deadzones in the mouse section to 25-28 thats the numbers that work best for me try inbetween that range

I've tried it already, the deadzone still feels completely off and unresponsive/can't aim(I can very slowly move the mouse across my entire mousepad and my character in game wont move an inch/register any movement) It only moves during long/fast sweeps/swipes. Been tweaking with deadzone numbers between 1-30(both in-game and g-tuner) but can't get it to feel right like the PS4 one.
uhsoka
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:41 pm

If using the official input translator be sure the game settings are set as described here:

https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... figuration

Please also check if you have configured the DPI of your mouse on Gtuner IV -> Device Configuration panel.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby uhsoka » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:16 am

J2Kbr wrote:If using the official input translator be sure the game settings are set as described here:

https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... figuration

Please also check if you have configured the DPI of your mouse on Gtuner IV -> Device Configuration panel.

Yes its correct, its just that PC uses different look/turn mechanics for controller, is there anyone here that can calibrate it for controller on pc?
uhsoka
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Return to Gtuner IV Support