Logitech G25 on Xbox One

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Logitech G25 on Xbox One

Postby GTC6244 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:01 am

Picked up a Titan Two a couple of days ago to help with Racing Wheels and an Thrustmaster Hotas on the XB1.

The stick works as it should, but attempting to use the my old G25 on the Forza Horizon 4 doesn't seem to work out of the box the way the instructions indicate - the buttons seem to be mapped differently. Taking a look at the G37 thread below, I noted the comment about using default 10 for a given mapping (though appears to be better sensitivity, rather than base functionality), and cycling through a handful of defaults (16 of them) changes the behaviour, but none of them appear to be correct.

Has anyone had an experience with this setup - or am I doing some custom mapping?
GTC6244
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Logitech G25 on Xbox One

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:31 am

Hi, To better help you please let me know if you want convert the G25 inputs to a regular XB1 gamepad output, or if you want convert your G25 to a G902? Thank you.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby antithesis » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:22 am

Add a micro-SD to the rear of your Titan Two, Format it in Gtuner IV > Device Configuration, then click Configure.

That'll copy some Logitech steering wheel initialisation files across to the Titan Two, which will correct the button mapping and the wheel deadzone.

Force feedback is not yet an option on Xbox One, but the wheel will work as a regular XB1 gamepad. I would love to see Logitech steering wheels fully supported on Xbox One too, but the G920 runs a custom protocol and is proving to be a tough nut to crack. Hopefully J2Kbr can work something out soon ;)
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby GTC6244 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:59 am

[EDITED POST]

Apologies for the delay in reply - looking for whatever works for now - regular XB1 gamepad is a good start (this is for my son, who's not super picky - yet!).

I've read a few threads about the limitations of the G25 setup in general - will attempt what antithesis has suggested to see if it helps and post back.
GTC6244
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby GTC6244 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:25 pm

Following the regular init with a microsd (feel a little silly for not doing this!), I'm slightly more advanced - gas/brake buttons are mapped properly, along with a few others (well, at least they respond), but the wheel doesn't work. Looks like a mapping issue still - moving the stick shift left/right actually cause slight left/right movement, though the steering wheel does nothing at all... Will attempt to disconnect the stick shift to see if it initializes differently....

Any other thoughts are appreciated!
GTC6244
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:36 pm

In the page linked below you can find a script code to customize the wheel deadzone and sensitivity.

https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... ontrollers

It seems this is last setup you need perform in order to get the G25 fully working. ;)
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Gtuner IV Support