Question about KMG Capture

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Question about KMG Capture

Postby CTK » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:29 am

I noticed the recent update on GTuner includes the option to choose controllers. Does this mean it would work on Parsec if I got multiple Titan Two adapters? How does the program pick up different people? Generally I always had to keep the program directly in order for the controller to work, so that's why I'm wondering with multiple adapters.
CTK
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: Question about KMG Capture

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:00 am

Correct, you can now have multiple Titan Twos in the same computer, with multiple instances of Gtuner IV running, connected to the different Titan Twos, where in each you can select a specific input controller in the KMG Capture.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby CTK » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:19 pm

My second Titan Two came in, so I wanted to give it a test before I start it on Parsec. I have an Xbox 360 and Xbox One controller and two GTunerIV programs open, and each one set with the Titan Twos, however only one of them shows up as working and the other doesn't. I updated both GTuner and the two Titan Twos. It seems GTuner is only picking up one Titan Two and when I open a second GTuner for the other, it causes it to do nothing. How would I go about getting this to work?
CTK
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Mad » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:01 am

When you opened another instance of Gtuner did you try and select the second device?

Top right corner is a drop down menu with a list of connected devices.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby CTK » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:38 am

Yeah that's what I did, I basically disconnected them on the upper right first, then picked them individually. Both controllers show up seperated on each GTuner and they appear to work, but my Switch which is what I'm using to testing this on only picks up one controller and not the other.

UPDATE: Okay just tried it again, it looks like it appears to be that the first TitanTwo is just not being picked up by the Switch in general, even when I disconnected the second one. It worked fine a few days prior to this update, and I also tried using new cables with it, same issue. New one works great.
CTK
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Scachi » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:58 am

You can try to reflash the T2 that isn't recognized anymore. Remove both T2. Remove the cables.
Now use the one that isn't working anymore:
Hold both buttons on the T2 pressed and connect the prog port only to your pc. Now run Tools->Check for Updates and it should reflash the T2.

You haven't mentioned that you selected a different joystick/input to capture for each instance of gtuner iv.

You open one instance of GTuner IV, choose the T2 device to use with this instance of gtuner in the upper right corner.
Start KMG Capture. On the KMG Window check "Gamepad/Joystick" and in the Drop/Down box select the input device it should Capture, press enter capture mode.

Now repeat this for your second Titan Two.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby CTK » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:38 pm

I reflashed the first one, and tried it with a different controller. Worked on the first TitanTwo GTuner with KMG Capture. Then I get to the second TitanTwo, pick it on the second GTuner KMG Capture, and then it causes the first TitanTwo to stop working on the Switch, but shows as working on GTuner.

CTK
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Scachi » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:58 pm

I have created an entry on github for your issue, pointing to this thread. This allows J2kbr easier tracking of things to investigate. https://github.com/J2Kbr/GtunerIV/issues/340

If you watch this issue (github account required) you will be notified when J2kbr is working on it.
An account would allow you to add more informtation to it too.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:35 am

I think I know what is happening. The Titan Two utilizes a fixed controller ID on Switch emulator. However, if the Titan Two is equipped with Bluetooth module, the controller ID is the BT address of the module. So, if you have at least one of your Titan Twos with Bluetooth Module then both Titans should work on Switch without problem.

In the meantime, I will check what can be done for the fixed ID when no Bluetooth module is installed. Perhaps make it derived from the device's serial number.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby CTK » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:50 pm

I see, so you're saying because they're both devices without the Bluetooth component, they end up sharing the same ID essentially on the devices. Unfortunately using the Bluetooth module doesn't work for Parsec since it only picks up wired controllers, so I would have to wait for now. Thank you for responding and looking into this. Definitely can't wait to utilize this feature to its full potential.
CTK
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Next

Return to Gtuner IV Support