Hori RAP N4 and KMG

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Hori RAP N4 and KMG

Postby finalthief » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:31 am

Hey guys,

I'm trying to use capture mode with my HORI Real Arcade Pro.N (aka RAP N4) fight stick and the inputs get stuck for some reason when capture mode is enabled. When I look at Open Joystick Display or game controller properties, the inputs are NOT stuck.Sounds to me like a software compatibility problem with the fight stick but not 100% sure. Also a PS4 controller works perfectly fine in capture mode. Only happens on my RAP N4. Any ideas?

Also wanted to point out that the button layout is wrong as well in capture mode. I press the square button and it shows that I'm pressing circle, cross is square, etc. Could it be that it is not supported for some reason? Let me know. Thanks!
Attachments
Wrong inputs 2.png
Wrong inputs 2.png (45.8 KiB) Viewed 910 times
Wrong inputs 1.png
Wrong buttons input
Wrong inputs 1.png (90.95 KiB) Viewed 910 times
Inputs Stuck 1.png
Inputs stuck on capture mode
Inputs Stuck 1.png (56.59 KiB) Viewed 910 times
finalthief
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Hori RAP N4 and KMG

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:43 pm

Welcome to our forums. Researching about this fight-stick, I found this information:

"Compatible with Windows PC through XInput". XInput relates to Xbox 360 or Xbox One protocols and would explain why the button mappings are wrong.

Does this fight-stick have a selector to manually choose between PS4 and PC modes? If yes, please try use PS4 mode to check if solve the described issues.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby finalthief » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:53 pm

Thanks for the reply and for welcoming me.
It has only 2 options, PS4 and PS3. I already have it set on PS4 but I did just test out PS3 mode and still the same problem. Is XBox protocols not supported by Gtuner? Also are there any other suggestions or is this dead in the water?
finalthief
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:01 pm

XInput is supported, but the Titan Two assumes is a Xbox controller and apply the correct button mapping for it.

Regarding the button mapping, it can be easily fixed on the Titan Two via Input Translator or even with a small GPC script. If you make a list of the wrong mapping I could be helping you with this. :smile0517:

However, there is still the issue of input getting stuck. Does this also happens in PS3 mode?
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby finalthief » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:31 pm

Unfortunately it is still stuck on PS3 mode. What's weird is that L2/R2 won't show any input when pressed in capture mode. Button 15 is Circle but should be Square, Button 14 is Triangle which is fine, Button 17 is Square but should be Cross, Button 15 is Cross but should be Circle, Button 2 is Touch click but should be L3, R3 is Options but should be R3, Share button is unresponsive, Option button is unresponsive as well.

I just want to point out that I'm new to input translator and stuff. Just keep that in mind. The simpler the details, the better. :-)
finalthief
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:25 pm

Have you already tried the RAP N4 direct connected to the Titan Two? does it works as expected?

Also, I am curios about the USB VID:PID when connected to the PC, could you please check and inform. In Windows go to "Device manager", find your device, right click on it, select "Properties", go to "Details" tab, select "Hardware IDs" from the drop-down, and you will find an entry of a form:

HID\VID_046D&PID_C05A

which are correspondingly vendor and product IDs.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby finalthief » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:59 pm

I have good news for you. Thanks to your bit of info I was able to find a solution by creating a virtual controller using reWASD. The fight stick is now able to emulate a PS4 controller in Capture Mode perfectly and all buttons works as expected. Thank you for guiding me! You are the man!
Attachments
reWASD1.jpg
reWASD app
reWASD1.jpg (118.34 KiB) Viewed 904 times
Capture Mode1.PNG
Emulate PS4 controller
Capture Mode1.PNG (39.66 KiB) Viewed 904 times
finalthief
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Fri May 01, 2020 1:34 pm

Thank you finalthief for sharing with us the found solution.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Gtuner IV Support