Gtuner Focus Question

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Gtuner Focus Question

Postby NoClemency » Mon May 25, 2020 1:43 am

After clicking "Enter Capture Mode" while I can control the game, the game is locked at 30 FPS. I believe this is because the game isn't in focus and stead Gtuner is in focus. Do you know how to fix this?

Below is a video of what I'm reffering to as well as a link to the tutorial I've been following.

Link to Video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r0xDJV ... sp=sharing

Link to Tutorial:
https://discordapp.com/channels/4878327 ... 6870903848
NoClemency
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Gtuner Focus Question

Postby J2Kbr » Mon May 25, 2020 10:16 pm

Hello NoClemency,

antithesis emailed me about this during the morning, here is a copy of my reply to him:

Please note, in order for the mouse capture to work the “KMG Capture” window must be the active window (this is the reason KMG Capture have its own window apart of Gtuner IV). While in capture mode (to get the raw data from keyboard and mouse) no other application on the computer receives events from the keyboard or mouse (exclusive mode). If the active window changes the OS needs to ensure the new active application can receive events from keyboard and mouse, forcing KMG Capture to exit capture mode.

We can add an option to use or not exclusive mode, maybe this could be a solution to allow other applications to have focus (active window).
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby creedkiller » Tue May 26, 2020 11:23 pm

NoClemency wrote:After clicking "Enter Capture Mode" while I can control the game, the game is locked at 30 FPS. I believe this is because the game isn't in focus and stead Gtuner is in focus. Do you know how to fix this?

Below is a video of what I'm reffering to as well as a link to the tutorial I've been following.

Link to Video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r0xDJV ... sp=sharing

Link to Tutorial:
https://discordapp.com/channels/4878327 ... 6870903848

Out of curiosity, if you are playing and using the titan on the same pc, why would use kmg capture instead of directly plugging your mouse and keyboard into the titan?
creedkiller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby antithesis » Wed May 27, 2020 6:40 am

It's to make it easier to swap m/kb from PC to T2 or XIM APEX.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby creedkiller » Wed May 27, 2020 12:17 pm

antithesis wrote:It's to make it easier to swap m/kb from PC to T2 or XIM APEX.

I see. I myself have considered getting a KVM switch but have yet to since I cant find one small enough which I like that also doesn't use an internal usb hub.

EDIT: J2Kbr, if you notice this, could you clarify that using a KVM switch which has an internal USB hub also wouldnt work for only mouse and keyboard? I remember reading somewhere that the Titan 2 needs the USB devices directly connected to it, is that only for game pads?
creedkiller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby DontAtMe » Wed May 27, 2020 3:02 pm

You can connect the Titan Twos output to a USB hub. Just not any of the Inputs.
DontAtMe
Captain
Captain

Postby creedkiller » Wed May 27, 2020 3:32 pm

DontAtMe wrote:You can connect the Titan Twos output to a USB hub. Just not any of the Inputs.

Indeed that is my understand aswell.
J2Kbr did mention couple of months ago that he was considering adding support for USB Hubs.
J2Kbr wrote:As you can see, this keyboard implements an internal USB hub. By design the Titan Two does not support USB hub. However, we are considering add support for USB hub in a future update.

viewtopic.php?t=15247

J2Kbr, has there been any news on this?
creedkiller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby antithesis » Wed May 27, 2020 10:05 pm

USB switches are very unreliable for m/kb swapping on Windows 10. It's a problem with the USB host and doesn't present in earlier versions of Windows, nor on maOS.

The USB host will crash after a few swaps (or more...it'll happen eventually) and kill the kb input. The only working solution is a PC reboot.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby creedkiller » Sun May 31, 2020 9:18 am

antithesis wrote:USB switches are very unreliable for m/kb swapping on Windows 10. It's a problem with the USB host and doesn't present in earlier versions of Windows, nor on maOS.

The USB host will crash after a few swaps (or more...it'll happen eventually) and kill the kb input. The only working solution is a PC reboot.

Do you think its driver related?
creedkiller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby antithesis » Sun May 31, 2020 9:26 am

These things are driverless. It's the Windows 10 USB host.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Gtuner IV Support