Keyboard mapping of A button moves to the right

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Keyboard mapping of A button moves to the right

Postby tonytonez123 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:14 pm

Hi,

I created a new KM input teanslator and mapped keyboard button A to STICK_2_X inverted but it moves to the right?

I loaded the official km for warzone and still does the same. This is the first time it has done this and want to know how to troubleshoot?

I also cannot map any keyboard keys to my mouse apart from the left and right mouse buttons, wheel button and left side far button, I have 2 extra buttons which will not map at all, how can I resolve these issues?

To note, I cannot change any keyboard buttons to new ones or add additional buttons to official or third party gamepacks as it just simply do not work unless I make new Input translators and that is how I came across the STICK_2_X issue above.

I am recent user if titan two and would love some help to resolve the problems listed above.
tonytonez123
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Keyboard mapping of A button moves to the right

Postby tonytonez123 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:15 pm

tonytonez123 wrote:Hi,

I created a new KM input teanslator and mapped keyboard button A to STICK_2_X inverted but it moves to the right?

I loaded the official km for warzone and still does the same. This is the first time it has done this and want to know how to troubleshoot?

I also cannot map any keyboard keys to my mouse apart from the left and right mouse buttons, wheel button and left side far button, I have 2 extra buttons which will not map at all, how can I resolve these issues?

To note, I cannot change any keyboard buttons to new ones or add additional buttons to official or third party gamepacks as it just simply do not work unless I make new Input translators and that is how I came across the STICK_2_X issue above.

I am recent user if titan two and would love some help to resolve the problems listed above.

The issue with button A was resolved after unplugging all cables and replugging.

The issue with the extra mouse buttons assigned keyboard keys in the input translator remains. Even if the mappings of official KM input translators are changed or new mappings added still do not work.
tonytonez123
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:16 am

Lets first check what are the key codes for the extra mouse buttons. Please load the following script to the Titan Two and, with the mouse plugged to the device, press one and then the other extra buttons. The key code will be printed on Gtuner's Output panel.
Code: Select all
#include <keyboard.gph>

main {
    // Output the key code of pressed keys
    output_keycode();
}

void output_keycode() {
    static uint8 previous_keycode;
    uint8 keycode;

keycode = key_check();
    if(keycode != previous_keycode) {
        if(keycode) {
            printf("Key Code: %02X", keycode);
        }
        previous_keycode = keycode;
    }
    return;
}

Please inform the results. Thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby tonytonez123 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:48 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Lets first check what are the key codes for the extra mouse buttons. Please load the following script to the Titan Two and, with the mouse plugged to the device, press one and then the other extra buttons. The key code will be printed on Gtuner's Output panel.
Code: Select all
#include <keyboard.gph>

main {
    // Output the key code of pressed keys
    output_keycode();
}

void output_keycode() {
    static uint8 previous_keycode;
    uint8 keycode;

keycode = key_check();
    if(keycode != previous_keycode) {
        if(keycode) {
            printf("Key Code: %02X", keycode);
        }
        previous_keycode = keycode;
    }
    return;
}

Please inform the results. Thanks.

Hi J2kbr,

I have done what you asked for and the attached image was the result.

The two extra buttons are the only ones printed in the output panel with the same exact information: "GVM Output: Key Code: 09", the main left and right mouse keys, wheel button, and left rapid fire button did not print anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks again.
Attachments
Untitled.png
MOUSE TEST
Untitled.png (45.78 KiB) Viewed 778 times
tonytonez123
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:37 pm

tonytonez123 wrote:Hi J2kbr, I have done what you asked for and the attached image was the result. The two extra buttons are the only ones printed in the output panel with the same exact information: "GVM Output: Key Code: 09", the main left and right mouse keys, wheel button, and left rapid fire button did not print anything. Any ideas? Thanks again.

Thank you for checking, key code 09 corresponds to the 'F' key (KEY_F), your 2 extra buttons are mapped to this key. You should be able to change that in the mouse configuration software, lest say, one you keep on 'F' and the other change to 'G', so the Titan Two can distinguish between these buttons.

After configuring your mouse, use an Keyboard Mapping to make use of these extra buttons (F and G), for example:
keyboard mapping.png
keyboard mapping.png (1.88 KiB) Viewed 746 times
The remaining mouse buttons and wheel should be configured at Mouse Mapping section. :smile0517:
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Gtuner IV Support