New update to Gtuner makes speech recognition freeze

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

New update to Gtuner makes speech recognition freeze

Postby gman1212 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:59 pm

I've got a strange problem since updating the software to the newest version just released. When I opened the program it makes Windows speech recognition freeze up and not work. I use it to write my scripts and activate capture mode before switching over to my disabled controls so I'm trying to find a reason it's happening. It never happened before the update and if I disconnect the Titan 2 device from the computer and open the software it works just fine. I kept a backup of the software before the update and it's working like normal with the device but I'm trying to get things up to date for when I finally get the PlayStation 5 so I can use the new features. I just bought new micro cables to see if that had anything to do with it but no luck. Is there anything else that might be causing the problem? Thanks

Working version
gtuner 1v 1.7.3.0
titan two 1.10.3.1

Non-working version
gtuner 1v 1.10.3.1
titan two 1.10.3.1
gman1212
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Re: New update to Gtuner makes speech recognition freeze

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:44 am

Hi, instead of self update, please try download the full package from here:

https://www.consoletuner.com/titan-two-downloads/

The 1.10 release received update on the Qt framework and which may conflicting with some files from the old installation.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby gman1212 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:12 pm

Well, that worked! Thanks! I tried downloading it direct after the update didn't work before and I was still having problems but now it's all working good again. Now I can get back to battling the scalpers to actually get the system :-) thanks again
gman1212
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:23 am

thank you for confirming that after download the full package the speech function is working again. ;)
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby gman1212 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:41 am

No problem, although after using it for a bit I figured I would mention there are a few little hiccups here and there nothing major. After using the mouse and keyboard capture and then closing the window to the main program it automatically shuts speech recognition off now (from sleep or listening mode). Also, it seems to delay the speech recognition command input when you're clicking or dictating around by about half a second to a second.Seems something is still conflicting a little bit between speech recognition and gtuner. I'm not too picky and just glad it's working but I figured I would mention it.
gman1212
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:31 am

Thank you for the feedback. We will be taking a look on what you are reporting for the next Gtuner IV release.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby gman1212 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:30 am

Just curious when the next G tuner release might come out. I finally got the PlayStation five and have been using this newer version since it has the features. I noticed after extended use the delay in speech recognition its causing gets pretty bad while I was tuning my mouse settings and dead zone. I did notice Dragon speech recognition doesn't seem to be affected by the issue where Windows speech recognition does. Not sure what it could be. The old version still works great but doesn't have the PlayStation five features. Anyway, just seeing when the fix might come out
gman1212
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby gman1212 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:57 pm

Just noticed the update today and downloaded it. The issues seem to have gotten a bit worse and now keyboard and mouse capture doesn't seem to work anymore. Below where it says sending reports stays at zero after entering capture mode and no longer sends information to the device.I don't know if it helps to isolate the problem but if the Titan device is disconnected or not selected at the top right of G tuner then the software works fine without issues. As soon as the Titan device is detected or plug-in the program goes haywire. Not sure why the capture mode isn't sending information though
gman1212
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby gman1212 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:41 pm

I just bought a mad Catz fight pad to get around the timeout with the PlayStation five and I noticed Windows speech recognition wasn't seeming to be glitching out like it has been. Something with switching the controller seems to have fixed the problem where speech recognition is working normally again. I have no idea what but I tested G tuner by opening and closing it several times also using capture mode and it hasn't messed up so far. I was originally using a official PlayStation four controller when I reported this. It may have been the controller, the cord connecting it, or maybe disconnecting all the cords from the Titan and reconnecting for the new controller that helped. Before switching the controller disconnecting the other controller would make the program run normal so maybe it was a hardware issue? Either way, it seems to be working properly now.
gman1212
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Return to Gtuner IV Support