Gtuner Crashes when trying to Detect Devices in CV

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Re: Gtuner Crashes when trying to Detect Devices in CV

Postby Squidward » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:08 am

J2Kbr wrote:Correct. The Qt 5.15.2 still on OSX SDK 10.15 (not yet on the Big Sur SDK 11).

So do you think there's any chance that it'll be updated within the next 10 days?
Squidward
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Squidward » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:21 am

If not, then I'm just going to return my capture card which would really suck to have to do.
Squidward
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:24 am

With migration to Qt 6.0 I expect the OSX SKD to be 11 (Big Sur). I will be confirming that as soon as get back from vacation (next week) and start the works on the next Gtuner IV release.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Squidward » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:28 am

J2Kbr wrote:With migration to Qt 6.0 I expect the OSX SKD to be 11 (Big Sur). I will be confirming that as soon as get back from vacation (next week) and start the works on the next Gtuner IV release.

So do you think that gtuner will get an update with the Big Sur support within the next 10 days, even if just a Beta release?
Squidward
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:38 pm

I can try, but I cannot 100% ensure we will be able to release within next 10 days as I first need confirm if Qt 6.0 is using SDK 11. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Squidward » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:39 pm

J2Kbr wrote:I can try, but I cannot 100% ensure we will be able to release within next 10 days as I first need confirm if Qt 6.0 is using SDK 11. Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Ok, thank you.
Squidward
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Squidward » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:06 pm

J2Kbr wrote:
Squidward wrote:I was actually having this issue while still on Catalina. It was suggested to me that I update macos before any further troubleshooting and updating to Big Sur didn't make any difference.

In this case probably is something else.

Normally when a App crashes on Mac, the OS shows a message with option to generate a crash report. Please save this report to a file and PM me, it will help identify what is the cause of this issue.

Thank you.

I've just PM'd you a Gtuner crash log file from my Mac.
Squidward
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:41 am

Squidward wrote:I've just PM'd you a Gtuner crash log file from my Mac.

Thank you for sending the crashlog file.

Please note Gtuner IV tries access all available video inputs, which includes the webcam. The issue is that Gtuner IV does not have permission to access the webcam of your Mac and the OSX terminates the app when it tries access the webcam, with the following reason:

"Termination Reason: Namespace TCC, Code 0x0"
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Squidward » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:02 am

J2Kbr wrote:
Squidward wrote:I've just PM'd you a Gtuner crash log file from my Mac.

Thank you for sending the crashlog file.

Please note Gtuner IV tries access all available video inputs, which includes the webcam. The issue is that Gtuner IV does not have permission to access the webcam of your Mac and the OSX terminates the app when it tries access the webcam, with the following reason:

"Termination Reason: Namespace TCC, Code 0x0"

I got it all working!! I had to do a stupid workaround to "grant" camera access from MacOS to Gtuner so it wouldn't be terminated each time I tried to detect devices. I did this by running the Gtuner executable directly from my Mac's terminal (I followed these instructions: https://superuser.com/a/1542443/1172155).

So I launched Gtuner from the terminal by typing this:
Code: Select all
/Applications/GtunerIV.app/Contents/MacOS/Gtuner

Then when I hit Detect Devices, Gtuner properly requested camera permissions- except it was the terminal requesting the permissions from the OS. But after granting the permissions, my capture card was detected!! The annoying thing is that I have to run Gtuner from the terminal every single time. Not only that, but I also have to hit Detect Devices again each time I run Gtuner. But I can deal with that.

Now my next issue I had to resolve was the fact that since I play using a gaming monitor at 1440p@165Hz using a DisplayPort cable, I have to set my capture card as a second display that I duplicate to. The issue, though, is that Gtuner can only do 1080p. I found that as long as I was on desktop, Gtuner's display capture would work just fine. But the moment I launched Apex, Gtuner would go black, saying "Resolution Not Supported for Resizing". I was able to quickly resolve this by switching my game from Fullscreen to Borderless Window. And now it's working perfectly!!
Squidward
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:42 pm

Thank you for the information. After a quick research it seems I have do some changes on Gtuner IV Mac to request access to the video inputs (e.g. webcam). I will be doing that for the next Gtuner IV release. Thanks.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

PreviousNext

Return to Gtuner IV Support