K&M capture with ratchet and clank problem

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

K&M capture with ratchet and clank problem

Postby gman1212 » Wed May 19, 2021 6:08 pm

I use keyboard and mouse capture from the computer to the Titan device to play all my games and I ran into a strange problem that only happens with ratchet and clank PS4/ps5. I have the left stick mapped to the wasd keys and if you're holding forward (w) or backward (s) it won't allow left (a) or right (d) input at the same time for turning, it just ignores it completely unless you let go of the forward or backward key which makes it a little difficult not getting killed during chase sequences. Every other game I played as never had this problem and I'm not quite sure what to do to troubleshoot it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks
gman1212
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Re: K&M capture with ratchet and clank problem

Postby rlightbody2310 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:51 am

I had this problem + one more. My fixes, although not necessarily the best, were as follows:

WASD issue was solved by remapping WASD to D-Pad (up, left, down, right) and then going into the game settings 'Controls & Shortcuts' and turning 'Directional Button Movement' to ON. However, you won't be able to make selections in your weapon wheel unless you also map (in addition to D-Pad) the Left Stick to WASD keys.

2nd issue I had with this phenomenon was later on when I unlocked my 5th weapon - you won't be able to select your 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th weapons with the weapon wheel because like the movement they were diagonals. So my fix here was to then go into the game settings, this time to 'Controls & Shortcuts' followed by 'Controller Layout', make a custom layout and just switch the L and R sticks. You will then need to flip the bindings in Gtuner to accomodate and you will also notice your mouse (presuming you're using mouse) will also be the directional keys for selection in menus etc and that you wont be able to rotate stuff in the map/gallery etc and maybe some more stuff I haven't come across yet, but hey, at least I can use all my guns now and move around properly.
rlightbody2310
Private
Private

Postby eXaiNReacH » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:15 am

Yeah i have this issue while playing R&C on Ps5 with Ps2 controller, I wrote to insomniac games support.

They said they could not fix the issue at there end but they replicate my setup and wrote back to me with a script that fixes movements on ps2 controller, I added the Right stick in the script (STICK_1_Y) so looking is also fixed..

Maybe you can use this script, dont know how to use this with Mouse and keyboard but here it is.
Attachments
R&C_PS2_Diagonals org.gpc
(1.03 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
eXaiNReacH
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby gman1212 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:40 pm

Well, I gave up on this quite a while ago when I didn't get any answers. Thank you guys for the replies! I wonder why I didn't get any notifications. Anyway, I will give these suggestions a shot and see if they work. I did manage to beat the game with the wonky controls but it was kind of a pain. At least this gives me a reason to go back to it :-) thanks again
gman1212
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Return to Gtuner IV Support