Configuring an X52 for Xbox - Device monitor not registering

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Configuring an X52 for Xbox - Device monitor not registering

Postby Mancubus » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:34 pm

Hello there and sorry in advance, I couldn't find any existing posts that described my issue.

So, I still had an old X52 and with the upcoming Flight Simulator for Xbox Series X, I was thinking about using it with a Titan 2 to work on my console.

Well, the device came, I set everything up, it's all up-to-date, but I'm a bit overwhelmed by the gtuner software. Maybe I'm just not getting it. :(

If I connect a PS4 pad in USB A and the Series X pad in USB b, I can go to the device monitor and see all the buttons corresponding.

[img]
ps4_xbox.PNG
[/img]

I'm not sure how tro change the buttons in the Input translator, but that's not my concern anyway. My concern is, that when I connect the Flight Stick (a regular Saitek X52), nothing works anymore.

Whatever button I push on the stick or trottle, there is no reaction in the device monitor. However, if I push a button on the Xbox pad, I can see the corresponding button on the stick light up.

[img]x52_xbox.PNG[/img]

The stick has an issue with its deadzone for the little ministick, but that should not keep the buttons from registering, right?

This is confusing. I downloaded the HID file for the X52 (which was installed anyway since it's the newest firmware, but it's not to be found in the dropdown menu for the input device.

Out of curiousity I connected it all to the XSX, but the cursor is jumoing around wildly and not button prompts are registered.

The X52 works absolutely fine in windows and every button is registered in the game controller setup, but inside gtuner, it's a mess.

I thought about ignoring it all and simply remap stuff in the controller remapper, but I'm stumped as well. If I use XSX as a platform, I don't have the X52 buttons to choose from and if I choose GPC, I have to know exactly which button and axis on the Xbox controller are what.

As you can see, I feel like I'm way over my head, but I have the feeling it should be relatively simple to achieve my desired outcome. To map the axis and buttons from the X52 to the axis and buttons of the Xbox controller (and maybe deactive some stoff and/or define some more generous deadzones).

Am I wron about this? :)

Thank you,
Maik
Attachments
x52_xbox.PNG
x52_xbox.PNG (51.67 KiB) Viewed 1097 times
ps4_xbox.PNG
ps4_xbox.PNG (42.55 KiB) Viewed 1097 times
Mancubus
Private
Private

Return to Gtuner IV Support