need Titan 2 recognised as keyboard instead of a controller

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

need Titan 2 recognised as keyboard instead of a controller

Postby megid0105 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:25 am

Hi,

Would like to ask if I can use my Titan two to connect a PS5 unsupported keyboard (not entirely unsupported but some macro function of my gaming keyboard isn't working) to the PS5 console via Titan two without the console recognising it as a controller? Since I'm playing with a controller and PS5 is not accepting 2 controller login at a time.

My scenario:
- I'm playing with stock Dualsense controller and I intent to keep playing with it due to the haptic feedback.
- Trying to connect a keyboard/mouse combo (Razer blackwidowV3 mini and the Razer Deathadder V3 pro which is not support direct connection with PS5) to the PS5 but no luck with the PS5 recognising my inputs, text can't type in caps and ALT, SHIFT etc modifiers are not recognised; keyboard mouse macro cannot be recognised.
- I tried to connect KB/M to Titan two by its wireless USB dongle then output to PS5, unfortunately PS5 then recognise it as a controller so basically I can no longer use the actual DualSense controller to play.
megid0105
Corporal
Corporal

Re: need Titan 2 recognised as keyboard instead of a control

Postby antithesis » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:05 pm

Set the Titan Two Output Protocol to USB Multi Interface HID. You'll also need a small script to pass the mouse & keyboard input through to the console. Download Scachi's USB-HID PC KM script from Online Resources in Gtuner IV and set it as the active memory slot.

That should get the m/kb working, but I don't know how the PS5 will respond as it's probably no different to plugging them in natively. You can however add a mod script to Titan Two (just add Scachi's code to your script), or rebind modifier keys with an Input Translator to other keys, so it's worth a try.

Nor am I really sure how the DualSense would play work in this scenario as I would think the DualSense would register as a separate player to the m/kb.

I use a Razer BW V3 Mini Hyperspeed myself (a great wireless kb by the way) and G305 and they work fine with Titan Two. Make sure macros are saved to the on-board memory of the kb via Synapse 3.

If it find some time to test this setup on PS5, I'll post an update. But you should have everything you need above to test it yourself.

Ultimately, it depends on what you're trying to achieve here. If you just want a kb to respond to PSN messages, use the mobile app :shrug:
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby megid0105 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:47 am

antithesis wrote:Set the Titan Two Output Protocol to USB Multi Interface HID. You'll also need a small script to pass the mouse & keyboard input through to the console. Download Scachi's USB-HID PC KM script from Online Resources in Gtuner IV and set it as the active memory slot.

That should get the m/kb working, but I don't know how the PS5 will respond as it's probably no different to plugging them in natively. You can however add a mod script to Titan Two (just add Scachi's code to your script), or rebind modifier keys with an Input Translator to other keys, so it's worth a try.

Nor am I really sure how the DualSense would play work in this scenario as I would think the DualSense would register as a separate player to the m/kb.

I use a Razer BW V3 Mini Hyperspeed myself (a great wireless kb by the way) and G305 and they work fine with Titan Two. Make sure macros are saved to the on-board memory of the kb via Synapse 3.

If it find some time to test this setup on PS5, I'll post an update. But you should have everything you need above to test it yourself.

Ultimately, it depends on what you're trying to achieve here. If you just want a kb to respond to PSN messages, use the mobile app :shrug:

Thanks mate. I’m gonna try it out. Unfortunately I’m not using it for text reply only, I’m using it for FFXIV… which requires control via kb/m as well as text communication. Wish I could utilise kb/m macro after some fine tune. Thank dude! I’ll try it out and post!
megid0105
Corporal
Corporal

Postby megid0105 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:52 am

Hi guys, some key isn't registering correctly. I would like to put the keyboard.gph (key definition) into Scachi's USB-HID PC KM scrip in order to try correct the wrong key registration. Any advise how to do it exactly? sorry I'm dumb with modifying these.
megid0105
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Gtuner IV Support