will there be new firmware update?

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

will there be new firmware update?

Postby l_ventus » Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:08 pm

Hello!

I want to know if there will be new firmware update. in september 2021 developers said they were working on PS5 protocal. But it has been over a year since the last update, and there is no message from developers. Even the last time J2kbr visited was in April 2021. They just disappeared. And it has been now very hard to buy any titan product on any website. I don't know if the developers has gave up the project or the company?
l_ventus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: will there be new firmware update?

Postby battlelog » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:00 pm

Really do not know what happened to J2kbr??? MIA I guess.

I sent him a PM a few days ago, never got a response??

The way I am looking at this for the meantime is, there will not be a fix for this at all. Other then the god awful remote play.

I am no coder, but I do think there is a fix for it, but you would have to use the sony ds code which I think they have, be it Consoletuner or Zen peeps.

But using that code with out the permisson from Sony, and you will pretty much be bankrupt in a minute, after sony lets its lawyers do what ever they want with you.

Just my guess, but might be likely???

who knows.
battlelog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: will there be new firmware update?

Postby l_ventus » Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:33 am

battlelog wrote:Really do not know what happened to J2kbr??? MIA I guess.

I sent him a PM a few days ago, never got a response??

The way I am looking at this for the meantime is, there will not be a fix for this at all. Other then the god awful remote play.

I am no coder, but I do think there is a fix for it, but you would have to use the sony ds code which I think they have, be it Consoletuner or Zen peeps.

But using that code with out the permisson from Sony, and you will pretty much be bankrupt in a minute, after sony lets its lawyers do what ever they want with you.

Just my guess, but might be likely???

who knows.

I think at least there should be a way to make the controller output as a ps5 controller when connecting to a pc. The biggest reason I actually use titan2 is that I wrote a script to adjust the response curve of the stick so that I can use almost the same feel in all fps games. cod, battlefield, apex, etc., their feel is completely different and it is really uncomfortable. But I can only output as a ps4 controller now, so I can't use the function of the adaptive trigger. I just wish I could have both. I hope J2kbr will come back.
l_ventus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Gtuner IV Support