Device Monitor - how much unit of time is "Sa/s"?

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Device Monitor - how much unit of time is "Sa/s"?

Postby pablosscripts » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:25 pm

I'm trying to figure out how long I've held down the button for, does 100Sa/s = 100ms or 1 second in GPC2?

Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Device Monitor - how much unit of time is "Sa/s"?

Postby bonefisher » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:15 pm

Think that is the chart measurement IDK. lol! Know I figured the rest though..... if you have a 1000ms on dial to the right of that and had a 1000ms push of the button it would reach only one of the blocks which would be 1 second push of the button. Now you adjust dial to 100ms with same 1000ms push of button you would have 10 of the 100ms blocks which is your 1000ms push. Hope this helps!
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby The_Rabid_Taco » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:57 pm

Try something like this for a quick print of the hold time. Of course change the button to whatever you want to measure. I may do one for all buttons and publish it. Was trying to do the same thing and this is the best I could come up with for precise time readings.

Code: Select all
#pragma METAINFO("Validate Time", 1, 0, "The_Rabid_Taco")

#include <XB1.gph>

main {
    if(event_release(XB1_RS)) printf("Held for: %d", time_active(XB1_RS));
}
The_Rabid_Taco
Major
Major

Postby pablosscripts » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:50 pm

bonefisher wrote:Think that is the chart measurement IDK. lol! Know I figured the rest though..... if you have a 1000ms on dial to the right of that and had a 1000ms push of the button it would reach only one of the blocks which would be 1 second push of the button. Now you adjust dial to 100ms with same 1000ms push of button you would have 10 of the 100ms blocks which is your 1000ms push. Hope this helps!

Makes sense thank you. Of course it would correspond to the dial, that should have been obvious to me!

I still wonder what "Sa/s" stands for. Hummmm...
Last edited by pablosscripts on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby pablosscripts » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:52 pm

The_Rabid_Taco wrote:Try something like this for a quick print of the hold time. Of course change the button to whatever you want to measure. I may do one for all buttons and publish it. Was trying to do the same thing and this is the best I could come up with for precise time readings.

Code: Select all
#pragma METAINFO("Validate Time", 1, 0, "The_Rabid_Taco")

#include <XB1.gph>

main {
    if(event_release(XB1_RS)) printf("Held for: %d", time_active(XB1_RS));
}

Thanks!

I was using the monitor tool, taking a screenshot, cutting and pasting it so I could overlay the line over the start of the block. Then I repeated this about 10 times to get the average length. Your idea is MUCH better lol

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:13 am

pablogroup wrote:I still wonder what "Sa/s" stands for. Hummmm...

It means "Samples per Second", the Device monitor receives one sample each 10ms, or 100 samples per second.

It is important to note an script can change the values at 1ms base time (or even less), those quick changes will not be accurately reproduced on Device Monitor.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Gtuner IV Support