Headset problems ps4 :(

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Re: Headset problems ps4 :(

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:48 am

I have not yet get back to this issue. but I will pretty soon, hopefully before the public launch of the Titan Two.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Gärtner » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:01 pm

Hello, I would like to report here because I have exactly the same problem with cable headset. New PS4 Controller in USB-B with headset and old PS4 controller in USB-A -> voice is slightly distorted/scratchy. Only new Controller in USB-A with headset, all ok. Maybe this will help you.
Gärtner
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:16 am

Thank you Gärtner for reporting.
You brought relevant information that may help diagnose this.
Your comment was added to GitHub:
https://github.com/J2Kbr/TitanTwo/issues/74
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Rocky » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:46 pm

My voice sounds robotic. I speak with the same crackling and hissing noises. It is bad. I'm using standard Micro USB cables on XB1 connected to a Creative X7, and, Sennheiser Game One. I have tried multiple headsets, after numerous fixes, I'm having the same issue. I've tried out Antlion Modmics, and V Moda Boom Pro. I do not know how I can recreate this issue, only adding a +1. Oddly, it works perfectly after plugging it back in, however not for very long. Full disclosure, I have broken cables, chat still had never worked when they were new. I HAVE tried other cables. As this is an ongoing issue, I will check out a power supply, and quality Anker cables. If it helps I'll update this post, but I don't have high expectations for a favorable outcome. More than likely, my power can be fixed, but, the microphone won't be.
Rocky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby LeBlues » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:18 pm

Last edited by LeBlues on Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeBlues
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:49 pm

Viperownage wrote:Without mods it works normal. So it seems like that the mods cause the distortion. Mod I used: Modz (for Destiny 2). Keyboard mapping does not cause distortion.

this is a very relevant information. Could you also check if another script causes the distortion? for example the Gamepack. thanks.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby LeBlues » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:42 pm

J2Kbr wrote:
Viperownage wrote:Without mods it works normal. So it seems like that the mods cause the distortion. Mod I used: Modz (for Destiny 2). Keyboard mapping does not cause distortion.

this is a very relevant information. Could you also check if another script causes the distortion? for example the Gamepack. thanks.

I have just tested with Destiny 2 gamepack. Result is the same non-stop robotic distortion.
I also tried a own made gpc file + a keymapping file, distortion then is like 5 seconds long once every minute. So that is already much better.
LeBlues
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:36 am

Okay, It seems we need process the audio packets outside the main processing loop (firmware), so any script processing does not delay the audio packet delivery from one end to the other. I will be working on this. Thanks for the feedback.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby LeBlues » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:57 pm

Robotic distortion seems solved for me with the latest firmware update. But after testing, a few times per minute there still is another distortion. For my friends its like I have a very bad connection with creaks when I talk.
LeBlues
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:35 pm

Viperownage wrote:Robotic distortion seems solved for me with the latest firmware update. But after testing, a few times per minute there still is another distortion. For my friends its like I have a very bad connection with creaks when I talk.

Very happy with your confirmation we are making progress.

Still same as before? happening only when using the mentioned scripts?
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

PreviousNext

Return to Gtuner IV Support