Headset problems ps4 :(

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Headset problems ps4 :(

Postby eom85 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:36 pm

After I initially praised the good headset compatibility, I have to take a few steps back on that one.
(PS4, wired Headset directly in "new" controller)

While I hear my friends perfectly, they keep reporting about occasional strong distortions in my voice... apparently it sounds robotic for a few seconds.

Is there a work around for this problem?
eom85
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Re: Headset problems ps4 :(

Postby Scachi » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:15 pm

eom85 wrote:After I initially praised the good headset compatibility, I have to take a few steps back on that one.

While I hear my friends perfectly, they keep reporting about occasional strong distortions in my voice... apparently it sounds robotic for a few seconds.

When my wireless headset broke I was forced to use the simple PS4 default headset in the new PS4 controller.
There I had this problem, too. For me it turned out it was simply the headsets plug that wasn't making a good connection in the controller. I cleaned the plug, put it back in and still there was sometimes the distortion. Twisting the plug a bit / moving the controller a bit more excessive or touching the headset plug sometime with the upper leg in a resting position seems to be causing this and was reproduce able for me. After plugin it in and out a few times and twisting it, the problem was completely gone. Maybe it was dust in the controller itself or something like that.

Just posting this long story so you can check if anything off this will help you too.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby hiroshimus » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:22 pm

Ohh so I'm not the only one with this problem.

The same happens to me on Xbox One.

So I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with my gear, it's some issue being caused when adding the T2 into the mix.

I'm using a wired Turtle Beach XO4.

My voice sounds robotic and my friends can barely understand me.

I thought the T2 was gonna have full audio and mic chat compatibility with wired headsets :icon_frown: I mean it was one of the main reasons I switched from a T1 to a T2.

Any progress on this?

Scachi wrote:
eom85 wrote:After I initially praised the good headset compatibility, I have to take a few steps back on that one.

When my wireless headset broke I was forced to use the simple PS4 default headset in the new PS4 controller.
There I had this problem, too. For me it turned out it was simply the headsets plug that wasn't making a good connection in the controller. I cleaned the plug, put it back in and still there was sometimes the distortion. Twisting the plug a bit / moving the controller a bit more excessive or touching the headset plug sometime with the upper leg in a resting position seems to be causing this and was reproduce able for me. After plugin it in and out a few times and twisting it, the problem was completely gone. Maybe it was dust in the controller itself or something like that.

Just posting this long story so you can check if anything off this will help you too.
I've got you in my sights!
hiroshimus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:04 pm

I will be revisiting the mic support, taking in consideration your feedback. If you guys have a consistent procedure to reproduce this issue, please let me know. It will be of great help. Thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby hiroshimus » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:34 pm

Hey J2Kbr good morning,

In my case this has happened since the beginning. Nothing has changed. It's been going on for more than a week now.

I've tried this with a Xbox One, a wired x controller and a turtle beach xo4 wired headset.

Thanks for your time :)

J2Kbr wrote:I will be revisiting the mic support, taking in consideration your feedback. If you guys have a consistent procedure to reproduce this issue, please let me know. It will be of great help. Thanks.
hiroshimus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Rayman413 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:30 pm

Sometimes for Ps4 from time to time the mic gets weird on ps4 robotic like. I just put my TitanTwo in program mode and reinstall the update and it fixes its a weird bug but other then that its perfect
Rayman413
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby hiroshimus » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:48 pm

Right now I've got my xim 4 connected to port a and a secondary xbox controller into port b.

The chat pad is connected to the secondary controller which fixes this issue.

But, from time to time people tell me that I sounded robotic for a few seconds, so I guess it' still buggy.

The problem is that I want a DS4 connected to the Titan 2 as well becase X1 controllers don't support rumble, and my scripts have useful rumble indicators. So I can't use rumble right now since communication for a game like Overwatch is essential.

:icon_frown:

Rayman413 wrote:Sometimes for Ps4 from time to time the mic gets weird on ps4 robotic like. I just put my TitanTwo in program mode and reinstall the update and it fixes its a weird bug but other then that its perfect
hiroshimus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:40 pm

Mic distortions are under investigation, any extra info that can potentiality help debug this issue can be added to this GitHub:

https://github.com/J2Kbr/TitanTwo/issues/74

Thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby hiroshimus » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:18 pm

Will do! :smile0517:

J2Kbr wrote:Mic distortions are under investigation, any extra info that can potentiality help debug this issue can be added to this GitHub:

Thanks.
hiroshimus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby hiroshimus » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:14 am

Hey J2Kbr good evening,

I've been reading a lot about being able to use voice chat on xbox one without the need of connecting a mic into the chat pad that is connected to the xbox one controller, but every single article says that you definitely have to do that. Pretty annoying aspect about the xbox one in comparison to the ps4.

I read on an article that I could just use a headset for game audio and enable the option of using a mic for voice chat using the Kinect's internal mic, so maybe this could solve the robotic distorted voice problem with T2+XIM4.

I don't have a kinect though, yet so I'd have to buy one. I'm going on a trip to the states very soon and I could buy it there.

I just wanted to know if there's some progress regarding the robotic voice issue.

If not I totally understand, I know holiday season is around the corner! :innocent_smile_1:

J2Kbr wrote:Mic distortions are under investigation, any extra info that can potentiality help debug this issue can be added to this GitHub:

Thanks.
hiroshimus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Gtuner IV Support