Titan Two Disconnecting/Freezing

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Re: Titan Two Disconnecting/Freezing

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:28 pm

Hi Ahmed, please also try what was suggested to Ozzy:
J2Kbr wrote:Using just with controller it shouldn't need power supply. However, as you are getting one, keep us updated on the results.

Please try this simple setup (if you haven't yet):

- Connect the Titan Two to PS4 using the provided Micro-USB cable (40cm long);
- Connect the PS4 controller to the Titan Two using the Micro-USB cable provided with the PS4 console;
- You can use the above script (as it is confirmed the issue is not related with it).

Don't connect the Titan Two to PC at the same time, just to the console.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Ozzycpd » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:48 pm

Ok guys, as of last night the Titan Two is completely unplayable. I have tried all the suggested set ups, as of now the Titan Two is disconnecting every 2-5 minutes. I have all the recent updates and firmware. The input light for input A is turning red randomly as well which is a new problem that has arisen. I’m pretty sure at this point that I just happened to receive a defective unit and would like to try a replacement if possible.

Also, I plan to try new cables today connecting the Titan. Is there a certain spec cable I should be looking for? Lastly is there a way to flash the device and start with a fresh firmware install?

Other than these Im not sure what else to try.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Thanks!
Ozzycpd
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby bonefisher » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:06 pm

Do you have a SD card in the Titan 2 now?
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Ozzycpd » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:08 pm

I did a couple of days ago playing with script timing but I do not currently. I did not have an SD card in the Titan Two last night when it was constantly having issues.
Ozzycpd
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:31 am

Hi Ozzycpd, in case of hardware defect, we will replace your unit, no worries about this. However, there is a high chance that what you are describing to be related with lack of power. To confirm this, please connect the Titan Two only to the console with the provided cord (40cm long) and the corresponding controller to Input-A, please use this for at least one hour to verify if the problem still happens.

Ozzycpd wrote:Also, I plan to try new cables today connecting the Titan. Is there a certain spec cable I should be looking for? Lastly is there a way to flash the device and start with a fresh firmware install?

You can force the device to programming mode by pressing and holding both buttons before plug the PROG cable. The device will show P, from here you can open Gtuner IV and perform firmware update.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Ozzycpd » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:01 pm

So I don't need to connect Controller B? Just put in controller A and test?
Ozzycpd
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:50 am

Ozzycpd wrote:So I don't need to connect Controller B? Just put in controller A and test?

For the Nintendo Switch that is correct. the authentication controller on INPUT-B is only needed for XB360, XB1 and PS4.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Ozzycpd » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:56 pm

Im on PS4 Pro, Ill see what I can do on that request. Also I had it disconnect randomly from gtuner earlier while testing.
Ozzycpd
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Bakiman » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:29 am

Ozzycpd wrote:Ok guys, as of last night the Titan Two is completely unplayable. I have tried all the suggested set ups, as of now the Titan Two is disconnecting every 2-5 minutes. I have all the recent updates and firmware. The input light for input A is turning red randomly as well which is a new problem that has arisen. I’m pretty sure at this point that I just happened to receive a defective unit and would like to try a replacement if possible.

Also, I plan to try new cables today connecting the Titan. Is there a certain spec cable I should be looking for? Lastly is there a way to flash the device and start with a fresh firmware install?

Other than these Im not sure what else to try.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Thanks!

Tested yesterday with Xbox elite controller on ps4 pro wireless with Xbox wireless adapter. Works perfect, love it finally wireless! Super fast and no dead zone. After 30 minutes the system froze and kept sending the last input signal to ps4. So I kept shooting until I ran out of clips, couldn’t do anything but restarting the Titan two. I read it could be related to power supply. So I added a usb connection to the program port (a usb charger). And since then no more freezing. Wanted to share this. The vibration on the controller also works consistently in this way (vs on and off without extra power). Hope this helps? Best regards Tom
Bakiman
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:50 pm

Thank you Bakiman for your input. You are right, after some investigation I also noticed the XBox Wireless Adapter consumes lot power, requiring the power supply. Specially when having multiple devices connected to the Titan Two (i.e authentication controller).
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

PreviousNext

Return to Gtuner IV Support