Xim4 purple lights?

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Re: Xim4 purple lights?

Postby Pwncahontas » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:09 pm

No problem, let me know if there are any experiments I can run on my end to help out as I would love for these devices to get along well! :)
Pwncahontas
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:10 pm

Alright, the pooling interval using the PS4 controller on XIM4 is confirmed to be 4ms, screenshot:
Xim4 TitanTwo Polling PS4.png
Xim4 TitanTwo Polling PS4.png (164.48 KiB) Viewed 1380 times
I also tried a script to check the polling interval by checking changes on the RX/RY values, as you described, code:
Code: Select all
uint32 timestamp = system_time();
fix32 rx = get_actual(STICK_1_X);
fix32 ry = get_actual(STICK_1_Y);
fix32 counter;

main {
    if(rx != get_actual(STICK_1_X) || ry != get_actual(STICK_1_Y)) {
        ++counter;
    }
    rx = get_actual(STICK_1_X);
    ry = get_actual(STICK_1_Y);

uint32 elapsed = system_time() - timestamp;
    if(elapsed >= 1000) {
        timestamp = system_time();
        if(counter) printf("Polling Interval: %f", ((fix32)elapsed) / counter);
        counter = 0.0;
    }
}

Interesting here is that the detected changes in this case happened each 8ms, that is the polling interval of the mouse I used to test.

As side note, no purple light on XIM4 could be seem in this test.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Pwncahontas » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:08 am

I just tried a mouse with 500 polling rate and it also results in 8 ms updates using your code so that's probably the Xim4 update rate? I was getting 10 ms updates but the way I was doing it maybe was introducing lag, I was using
get_val instead of get_actual.

In other news I don't have the purple lights anymore, I am not sure why, there was a firmware update I took and maybe the mouse rate was lowered from 1k to 500 since my last test? I don't recall, but either case I don't see purple lights at the moment, so yey! :D
Pwncahontas
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:32 am

Not sure why you is getting 10ms, but definitively is something on XIM4 or mouse.

I just realize a way you can check the polling interval using only the Titan Two. The main block of a script is executed every millisecond or when a new report from any connected controller is received. So take this script:
Code: Select all
uint32 timestamp = system_time();
uint32 counter;

main {
    ++counter;

uint32 elapsed = system_time() - timestamp;
    if(elapsed >= 1000) {
        timestamp = system_time();
        printf("main iterations per second: %d", counter);
        counter = 0;
    }
}

It will increment the variable counter every time main is executed and print the total each second.

First test this without any controller connected to the Titan Two. The result will be 1000, as expected.

Now plug XIM4 with a PS4 controller and you will notice counter now is 1250, so main was called 250 times more, meaning it was received 250 reports from the connected controller (XIM4) in the last second, which translates to 4ms polling interval. :smile0517:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby antithesis » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:59 am

Which is exactly the number you'd expect on PS4.

I'd suggest perhaps adjusting the polling rate on the mouse connected to Xim4 down to 500 or 250Hz rather than using 1000Hz and seeing if the purple lights go away.

There's is absolutely zero benefit in polling higher than the Xim4 is capable of passing through as it simply becomes noise and may cause jitter.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Sillyasskid » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:58 am

I don't know why but the Xim4 with a PS3 controller seems to update at 8ms, instead of 10.
Because of this I brought in the XIMEdge, to compare, and did some testing,
Here is what I got

I get purple lights with the Xbox 360, and Xbox One Controller only. The PS3 Controller does not produce the purple lights, But I already knew that.

I'm just wondering if the 7ms polling rate for the Xbox One and Xbox 360 Controllers have anything to do with the purple lights? Should't these controllers be natively polling the consoles at 8ms, and not 7ms?
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:01 pm

Sillyasskid wrote:I'm just wondering if the 7ms polling rate for the Xbox One and Xbox 360 Controllers have anything to do with the purple lights? Should't these controllers be natively polling the consoles at 8ms, and not 7ms?

I am suspecting of this for quite some time, but didn't have time to test yet. My guess is the purplelight are not being triggered because the Titan Two is lagging, but the opposite, the Titan Two is polling faster than what XIM4 is expecting (8ms). If this is the case the fix will be easy. :smile0517: Btw, thank you very much for perform these tests and posting the result here.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:56 pm

Confirmed, forcing the polling interval to 8ms solves the purple lights on Xbox One (?!?). As this is a regular complain and leads users to think the Titan Two is "lagging" this update will be part of the next firmware release.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Sillyasskid » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:23 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Confirmed, forcing the polling interval to 8ms solves the purple lights on Xbox One (?!?). As this is a regular complain and leads users to think the Titan Two is "lagging" this update will be part of the next firmware release.

Just updated, :smile0202: no purple lights!!!!! :smile0203:
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:39 pm

Awesome, thank you for the confirmation the XIM4 purple light on XB1 is not fixed!! :)
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Previous

Return to Gtuner IV Support