not working (except for program port)

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

not working (except for program port)

Postby pop » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:36 pm

Problem: Titan two is unusable, program light is green, but there is no input/output, the other lights rarely activate, back left side feels a little warm
gtuner IV 1.0.2.18; titan two 0.97.1.1; pc win10 64 bit; input nintendo switch pro controller (and/or xbox one elite controller); output XB360 to pc

History: Received beta unit last week. At first connectors were difficult to insert. Problems were present from the start, but improved after updating to Nov 6 firmware. Using a blank GPC script the prog, output and input A, (and B) would light green and the device monitor showed correct input/output values (i.e., values were the same magnitude as seen using titan one/gtuner pro). Then both input and output would randomly freeze, program light would be lit but others would go out. At first after a delay operation would resume, but now only the program interface works (perfectly) and the input and output appear to be disconnected (no lights on Titan, no connection in Gtuner). Output occasionally connects briefly.
When it worked, shaking the titan two did not affect operation, but rotating the titan two would freeze both input and output values. I tried many cables (N.B. Amazon.com kit will not ship to Canada); checked/unchecked Force USB 12Mbps and/or FFB; inserted and configured a 32GB SD card; and tried providing external power.

I never had any problems using titan one, and am eager to start experimenting with the titan two.
pop
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: not working (except for program port)

Postby Sillyasskid » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:06 pm

You don't speak of any actual errors originating from your Titan Two, which leads me to believe the issues that you are experiencing, solely have to do with your USB connections.

One of the reasons for the USB C output not lighting up. Is because you may be using a Micro USB charging cable, You have to use a Micro USB data cable. Like the one that was included with your Titan Two. If you are using one of these cables, and the light does not appear, then the cable is no more good, you need to replace it.
Make sure you replace your Controllers USB cables as well, And when I say replace, I mean buy new ones.

What colour is the light for the Program Port (USB_D), You said this is the only light that works correct? Also when ever the Output would briefly connect like you said. What colour was the output light when it did connect?
Last edited by Sillyasskid on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby pop » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:36 pm

Sillyasskid>>>>Okay so, your claiming when it was working...
Answer: The Titan Two never worked for more than a few minutes (or seconds). It would start and stop randomly. Plugging and unplugging cables could get it to start or stop, and rotating the Titan Two could cause it to stop working.
I could also get the Titan Two to start or stop by cycling off and on the "Force USB...full speed" checkbox (without touching any of the cables or the Titan two). This may indicate more than a cable problem.

Sillyasskid>>>>You also don't speak of and actual errors ...
Answer: The only error reported by Gtuner occurred when trying to reformat an SD card from Gtuner (I assume that is irrelevant).

Sillyasskid>>>>One of the reasons for the USB C not lighting...
Answer: I connected the Titan Two cable to output C. Now the output light is always dark, in addition the PC does not report a connected controller. As I mentioned it worked occassionally last week.
I connected my data cable to port D. The PROG light is always green. Gtuner reports a connection to USB D and Power Source. Gtuner also reports other information, e.g., device firmware and SD card info, program interface speed, etc.
The input A light is always dark now. The Nintendo Switch Pro controller needs a USB-C type cable, I tried a) my two best USB-IF compliant data cables, b) the OEM Nintendo cable, c) an LG V20 data cable, d) my best micro b type cable with a USB-C type adapter. The cables work with Titan One (or the Nintendo Switch but that may only be for charging), they also worked occasionally last week.
Sillyasskid>>>>when I say replace, I mean buy new ones.
Response: Can you recommend a supplier for new cables? The Titan Two cable is one of the best I have. Please note that Amazon will not ship the Titan Connector Kit to me in Canada. I regularly replace my cables, and have found that expensive gold plated braided cables are not a guarantee of quality.

Sillyasskid>>>>What colour is the light...
Answer: The colour of the Program Port (USB_D) light is always green. Last week when the output port would briefly connect to Gtuner the output light was green. When the output port connected to the PC, the input A was also green (three green lights). Sometimes I would connect an xbox elite controller to input B and get 4 green lights. Sometimes playing with the cables could get a green light to turn red.

Next step - order new cables
Can you recommend a supplier?
pop
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Prototype » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:14 pm

It looks like USB connection issue, maybe a faulty USB port on your PC. Can you try an other USB port on your PC or try with an other PC to include/exclude your PC of the issue?
Console tuner since my 1st controller.
Scripting, a game in the game.
Believe or dare, It's Titanic! :smile0517:
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby pop » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:47 am

Same results on Win 8.1 laptop
Couldn't get GtunerIV to run on Win 7 64bit laptop
pop
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:58 pm

pop wrote:Same results on Win 8.1 laptop
Couldn't get GtunerIV to run on Win 7 64bit laptop

You can try force Gtuner IV load a specific OpenGL library at startup. Gtuner automatically selects the best OpenGL library available on the system. however, you can provide an extra parameter when executing Gtuner IV to force load an specific GL lib. The options are:

Gtuner.exe -gl-desktop
Gtuner.exe -gl-angle
Gtuner.exe -gl-software

desktop: opengl library provided by your graphics card driver (best option)
angle: utilizes DirectX 11 to render the GUI (good if your graphics card does not provide OpenGL 2.1 or higher)
software: software based OpenGL (slow, but should work in most systems)
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby pop » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:08 pm

Gtuner will run with parameters -gl-angle and -gl-software
The Lenovo W530 Win 7 64 bit workstation automatically switches to the integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics when running Gtuner and I need to use the extra parameters to make Gtuner run.
If I force the workstation to run using its Nvidia Quadro K1000m graphics then Gtuner runs without problems.

Unfortunately the Titan Two still does not work (except for the program port).
pop
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby pop » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:56 pm

Seems to be a hardware problem, what do I do now?

I tried brand new gold plated braided data cables today on two separate computers and there was no improvement
pop
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:13 am

In case of hardware defect, your unit will be replaced, no worries on this. (Please note I am currently out-of-stock, but an new batch is in production).

I read you messages and there is one scenario that was not clear. With the Titan Two connected only on PC and with Gtuner IV opened. By connecting any compatible controller on INPUT-A or INPUT-B, does the corresponding LED turns green? and is possible see the controller buttons activity on Gtuner's Device Monitor?
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby pop » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:06 am

Titan Two with firmware 0.97.1.1 (Nov 6)
Gtuner IV 1.0 RC (Oct 31) opened
using new data cables
output and PROG ports both connected to one PC
INPUT-A and/or INPUT-B connected to Switch Pro Controller and/or Xbox One Elite controller
PROG LED is always green
A and B LEDs are always black (never green)
output LED is always black (never green)
No controller button activity is visible on Gtuner's Device Monitor

How do I verify a hardware defect? Titan Two looks amazing and I am anxious to get one working.
pop
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Gtuner IV Support