Finally got a Switch, what do I need to get started?

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Finally got a Switch, what do I need to get started?

Postby pablosscripts » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:53 am

Do I need a Pro controller or Charging Grip to begin using my T2 on it?

I’m going to head out on Boxing Day to pick up what I need for it.
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Finally got a Switch, what do I need to get started?

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:57 am

Just plug the Titan Two, no need for any special controller, the Switch does not requires authentication. There is just one configuration you need to do, as explained here:

https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... ems:switch

Get the Splatoon 2, very addictive. :joia: :joia:
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby pablosscripts » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:25 am

Awesome. Out of curiosity how many other consoles in the past have not required authentication? This is pretty cool. What’s the likihood of nintendo changing this in the future?
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby pablosscripts » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:59 am

Hum I think I found an issue.

Mario Odyssey uses the motion sensors in both Joycons - a single joycon flick results in a different move compared to when both joycons are flicked. However the current inputs only allow one accel and one gyro overall! I won't be able to code for it as I only have half the options I need. Is this something you already have in mind or should I log this in github?

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:35 pm

pablosscripts wrote:Out of curiosity how many other consoles in the past have not required authentication?

PlayStation 3.

Wii and Wii U Pro also don't require auth. These last two should be supported by the Titan Two soon. :smile0517:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:37 pm

pablosscripts wrote:Hum I think I found an issue. Mario Odyssey uses the motion sensors in both Joycons - a single joycon flick results in a different move compared to when both joycons are flicked. However the current inputs only allow one accel and one gyro overall! I won't be able to code for it as I only have half the options I need. Is this something you already have in mind or should I log this in github?

The Titan Two connect to the Switch as a Pro controller. Mario Odyssey supports the Pro controller, you shouldn't be limited with scripting accel and gyro.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby pablosscripts » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:43 pm

Yes while it's true Mario Odyssey supports the pro controller, quite a number of the advanced moves are actually not available on the pro controller! I never expected this but now that I think about it, it makes sense. With so many different styles of play, it's inevitable that Nintendo would begin creating different control schemes for each input method.

Is it technically possible to support the joycons? Or is the Pro controller as good as it gets? Because if Odyssey is their flagship game, it means they're not afraid to have different options for each control type... then I imagine more games will be hamstrung like this in the future.

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:10 am

As input controller the joycons will be supported soon, as for output not sure yet. The Titan Two is designed to have a single output channel, and the joycons requires each to have its own Bluetooth connection.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby pablosscripts » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:59 am

That's really interesting. Hopefully it can be sorted out. With Switch being a runaway success I think it's definitely worth a second look at. I'm pretty sure that if I could get a script working that takes 100% of the joycon functionality and puts it on the pro controller, I think that would be pretty popular!

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby antithesis » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:22 am

It's worth keeping in mind that Nintendo historically only releases a handful of good first-party games per console generation. We've already got most of them, so I'd be more concerned about support for current games than future ones.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Gtuner IV Support