[solved] Mouse XY Translators not working. Choppy input.

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Re: Mouse XY Translators not working. Choppy input.

Postby antithesis » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:06 am

Just a note that all Razer mice store DPI, polling rate and lighting on-board. This has always been the case. What doesn't store is custom bindings, macros and sensitivity stages as these rely on Synapse.

To force an on-board save, change your DPI and polling in Synapse, then go to the Sensitivity Stages tab. Don't change anything there, but use the Save button. That'll force the Razer mouse to update the internal settings.

To double-check, unplug the mouse from PC, wait a minute or two for any power-related memory to clear, then plug it back into PC and see if the settings are the same in Synapse.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby cabal2k » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:22 pm

antithesis wrote:To force an on-board save, change your DPI and polling in Synapse, then go to the Sensitivity Stages tab. Don't change anything there, but use the Save button. That'll force the Razer mouse to update the internal settings.

Thank you very much for the info! Works indeed :smile0517: :smile0517:
cabal2k
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby cabal2k » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:43 pm

Just a small update:
J2Kbr wrote:If you have chance to test with the G502, please let us know the results. ;)

Well ... nice device :innocent_smile_1: Unfortunately I had already return it, but I consider buying one. All these buttons are very handy :)

The results are similar, after setting correct polling rate on my Death Adder.

Using now your input translator with lower exponential and changed the YX ratio to 2. Your ratio is too low. WWII has so much vertical stages. Y speed has to be the same than X speed. Like on PC.

Its now very similar to what I used on T1, even similar to my PC settings in MWR (I don't own WWII on PC).
Of course only if I use mouse connected to Titan 2. KM capture is unusable for real playing because of these jitterings mentioned above. I solved it with a very cheap driverless KVM switch. Works very well and I don't have to power on my PC for a game.

After fiddeling hours with translation settings: Any chance to get a manual? What setting effects what? The only way to real lower sensitivity seems lowering exponential or setting higher DPI to me. What does sensitivity? As I understand, the conversion curve represents sensitivity and acceleration?
cabal2k
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:01 am

cabal2k wrote:Of course only if I use mouse connected to Titan 2. KM capture is unusable for real playing because of these jitterings mentioned above. I solved it with a very cheap driverless KVM switch. Works very well and I don't have to power on my PC for a game.

I am working in a fix for the KM Capture. :smile0517:

cabal2k wrote:After fiddeling hours with translation settings: Any chance to get a manual? What setting effects what?

We will have a comprehensive manual explaining each parameter. I have already started write the documentation for keyboard and mouse here:

https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... boardmouse

cabal2k wrote:The only way to real lower sensitivity seems lowering exponential or setting higher DPI to me. What does sensitivity? As I understand, the conversion curve represents sensitivity and acceleration?

The sensitivity is a scaling factor for the mouse current speed. Lets say you move the mouse and the "raw" speed was determined to be 5 inches/sec, this speed is then multiplied with the sensitivity value and the result is used as input (X axis value) on the conversion curve.

Note that changing the DPI setting or the sensitivity have similar effect. The DPI is used to determine the mouse speed and the sensitivity to scale the speed. So if you are able to adjust the sensitivity using the DPI, you should also be able by changing sensitivity value.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby cabal2k » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:13 pm

J2Kbr wrote: So if you are able to adjust the sensitivity using the DPI, you should also be able by changing sensitivity value.

Got it.
With the newest updates KM capture works much better. Not perfect, but very usable :wink:

Just received the bluetooth module and now I'm perfectly happy with this awesome device and the endless possibilities :innocent_smile_1:

Keep up the good work! :smile0517:
cabal2k
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: [solved] Mouse XY Translators not working. Choppy input.

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:30 am

Awesome, thank you for the update and marking this post as solved. :joia: :joia:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby tyndis » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:48 pm

I know this will sound crazy but I don't think the issue I had is 100% fixed yet.

And it has to do with the Device Monitor.

When the device monitor text resizes itself to account for text length it introduces stutter for the briefest moment while in capture mode. The stutter disappears if I close the monitor or resize it so it doesn't need to adjust itself when the text displays "-100.00" or "100.00".

It's a bit difficult to showcase but towards the end of this video the stutter is more apparent:
tyndis
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:13 am

I see, when the GUI have to re-scale the elements to fit the 100/-100 values it causes overhead that interfere on the mouse data reporting rate, which makes the translation to not work properly.

I will be check what can be done to minimize the GUI update interference on the mouse data transmission.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Stdracavious » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:29 pm

My mouse is working , but when I move it slowly it’s lik the game doesn’t even pick up the movements. Everything else works fine I’ve increased sensitivity to 12000 still it doesn’t pick up the slightest movements only major ones
Stdracavious
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Sillyasskid » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:47 pm

Stdracavious wrote:My mouse is working , but when I move it slowly it’s lik the game doesn’t even pick up the movements. Everything else works fine I’ve increased sensitivity to 12000 still it doesn’t pick up the slightest movements only major ones

Are you using an input translator, Also does your mouses dpi match the dpi setting in the Device Configuration tab?
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to Gtuner IV Support