[solved] Mouse XY Translators not working. Choppy input.

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

[solved] Mouse XY Translators not working. Choppy input.

Postby cabal2k » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:49 am

Hi, just received my titan 2 and tried to play some games with the WWII PS4 KM Input translator.

For K&M I first used KM capture from GTuner IV (newest version)
I have awful choppy input, even if mouse is connected directly to Titan 2.
If you e.g. move the mouse on a straight horizontal line it stutters like hell. Its like having framedrops.
Unusable ...

I used other input translators and even tried to make one from scratch. No luck.

Any advise?

Mouse: Razer Death Adder Elite (settings tested: 2000dpi, 3600dpi, 16000dpi, 125hz, 500hz, 1000hz)
Console: PS4 classic

I think (but I'm not sure) it worked on my first minutes of testing a couple of days before (earlier revisions of GTIV and Firmware).
Is there a possibility to download and revert to earlier firmware/software versions?

Using Titan 1 with MAXAIM everything works as it should :icon_frown:
Last edited by cabal2k on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cabal2k
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: Mouse Input Translators not working. Choppy input.

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:38 am

Last week I received a G502, which was used to improve the mouse translation algorithm (released last Friday).

Please note the Input Translators must be adjusted due the changes, the BF1, WWII, BF4, Destiny 2 and Titanfall 2 were updated and should result is a very very good mouse gameplay.

Also, make sure the DPI of your mouse is at least 3200 (higher the better) and properly configured in the "Device Configuration" pane. After updating this settings, reload the memory slot where you have the Input Translator to reflect the changes.

I have not yet tested the KM Capture after the changes and it may be necessary some update here, if you can choose, please use the mouse direct connected to the Titan Two for now.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby tyndis » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:40 am

J2Kbr wrote:I have not yet tested the KM Capture after the changes and it may be necessary some update here, if you can choose, please use the mouse direct connected to the Titan Two for now.

Something in the latest update is causing mouse input to become real choppy when I hold down a button.

Edit: Sometimes it becomes choppy constantly, no matter if a button is held down or not:

tyndis
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:22 pm

Thank you for the video. confirming, this is using KM Capture right?

After the recent changes I need also update the KM Capture. I will try release an update fixing this yet this week. In the mean time, if possible for you, please use the mouse connected direct to the Titan Two. The keyboard can still be via KM Capture.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby tyndis » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:28 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Thank you for the video. confirming, this is using KM Capture right?

Yes indeed.
tyndis
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby cabal2k » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:37 am

Thank you @tyndis for confirming this. Now I'm pretty sure it worked with previously firmware. There should be an option to go back to older firmware so users can confirm bugs related to changes.

In my case I have stuttering on higher dpi settings (above 8000dpi), and if you set lower dpi settings(3200 e.g. not lower than this) you can notice that the movement "freezes" if you do a straight slow horizontal turn in MWII.

These stutterings happens with mouse connected to T2 directly too.
It is NOT related to KM Capture.
cabal2k
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:15 am

A new update was just released, please update your device's firmware to check if this issue is fixed. Also, be sure to configure the mouse DPI in the Device Configurations panel before load the Input Translator.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby tyndis » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:35 pm

J2Kbr wrote:A new update was just released, please update your device's firmware to check if this issue is fixed. Also, be sure to configure the mouse DPI in the Device Configurations panel before load the Input Translator.

Yep it works fine for me now. Appreciate the quick update, keep up the good work.

tyndis
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby cabal2k » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:26 pm

No, sorry.

Its better, yes. But the MWII XY converter is still unusable for me.
It's way to fast, it stutters, X movement is faster than Y movement.
Lowering the XY converter sensitivity doesnt't make it better, looks like 16fps if you try to move on a straight horizontal line.
No accuracy at all. Far far far behind my T1 settings.

If I change the curve parameters the git is too big for internal memory slot???

I don't know if this was better before the firmware change. I guess not, 'cause I found a few older posts here with the same mouse movement behaviour.

Sorry, I'm a bit disapointed after hours of testing with no satisfying result.
cabal2k
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:10 am

tyndis wrote:Yep it works fine for me now. Appreciate the quick update, keep up the good work.

:smile0517: very nice footage. Please consider publish your Input Translator on Gtuner IV, it will be a great addition to the library. :joia:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Next

Return to Gtuner IV Support