Mouse XY Curve Help

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Mouse XY Curve Help

Postby PoshLemur » Tue May 01, 2018 9:39 am

Just wondering what's the best method people use for training a new game and generating a mouse curve? I have absolutely no experience in making curves and want to know what the best practices are. Any tips and hints?
My github account: [link]
PoshLemur
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Mouse XY Curve Help

Postby J2Kbr » Wed May 02, 2018 8:21 am

What I do is go to the game and find a spot where I can move the aim horizontally between to distinct marks (i.e. wall edges, tress, etc), then run a script to perform this movement with different values on the aiming stick (from deadzone value up to 100%), measuring the time taken for each run. After that calculate the aiming speed with the collected data to create the basic shape of the conversion curve.

I have planned automate this process using computer vision software and a capture card.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby PoshLemur » Wed May 02, 2018 6:50 pm

Thanks for the tips! I'll try this for a few games I'm playing. Computer vision based automation of this would be really cool to see.
My github account: [link]
PoshLemur
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby teddy18 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:27 am

J2Kbr wrote:What I do is go to the game and find a spot where I can move the aim horizontally between to distinct marks (i.e. wall edges, tress, etc), then run a script to perform this movement with different values on the aiming stick (from deadzone value up to 100%), measuring the time taken for each run. After that calculate the aiming speed with the collected data to create the basic shape of the conversion curve.

I have planned automate this process using computer vision software and a capture card.

Did plan to make a Video on YouTube how to make this like a tutorial
teddy18
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:36 am

Currently I don't have this on the plans, but definitively we can be considering make a video tutorial for that.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Gtuner IV Support