Deadzone and MouseMacros (Logitech LUA) and Polling

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Deadzone and MouseMacros (Logitech LUA) and Polling

Postby Shaag7 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:33 pm

Hi all,

I have few questions about combination of Logitech scripts (but it should be same for any macros) with T2 using Input Translator.
These questions are moreless for understanding of Translator logic and to get if I can combine LUA and GPC in the same time.

1. How will Input Translator Deadzone affect Logitech LUA anti-recoil which moves mouse by 1px in repetition (simple anti-recoil)?
--- If I understand Deadzone correctly if Deadzone is set to 10 (vertical) and I'll try to move the mouse by only 5px it shouldn't be translated at all. Is that correct?
UPDATE: Got it. When mouse moves by 1px it moves the stick by 10 if Deadzone is set to 10.

2. I have created Logitech Lua script which dynamicaly generates randomized wait times between mouse movements and I don't understand how will be those commands translated to the PS4 (If I remember correctly PS4 has 8ms polling rate) using only T2.
Example1: MouseMove, 80ms, MouseMove
should be working flawlesly but what if the Wait time is not matching ps4 polling rate
Example2: MouseMove1, 12ms, MouseMove2, 12ms, MouseMove3
Can I expect to have missed mousemoves collected in following polls like:
PS4: StickMove1, 8ms, 8ms, StickMove2, 8ms, StickMove3

And what will happen if I use decimals so I get something like:
Example3: MouseMove1, 34.5ms, MouseMove2, 35.345ms, MouseMove3, 35,988733
I assume it should behave in line with Example2 logic or are numbers rounded?

Thanks a lot
PS4 - Titan2/Titan1 - Xim4 / XIM Apex - Logitech G502 Hero / Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard / Logitech G213 Keyboard - DS4v2
Shaag7
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Deadzone and MouseMacros (Logitech LUA) and Polling

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:39 am

Shaag7 wrote:UPDATE: Got it. When mouse moves by 1px it moves the stick by 10 if Deadzone is set to 10.

Correct. :smile0517: The deadzone sets the minimum output stick value when mouse movement is detected.

Shaag7 wrote:2. I have created Logitech Lua script which dynamicaly generates randomized wait times between mouse movements and I don't understand how will be those commands translated to the PS4 (If I remember correctly PS4 has 8ms polling rate) using only T2.

The default PS4 pooling rate is 4ms (8ms is for XB1). However, in the Device Configuration panel on Gtuner IV you can configure the Titan Two output polling rate to 1000Hz (1ms), this works for all consoles with exception of Nintendo Switch.

Shaag7 wrote:And what will happen if I use decimals so I get something like:
Example3: MouseMove1, 34.5ms, MouseMove2, 35.345ms, MouseMove3, 35,988733
I assume it should behave in line with Example2 logic or are numbers rounded?

The maximum USB pooling rate is 1000Hz, so decimals will be rounded to the closest upper value (i.e. 34.5 to 35; 35.345 to 36).
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Shaag7 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:51 am

Thank you sir!

I have tried Battlefield V Beta with combination of T2 scripts and Logitech Lua.
It's just awesome.

And thanks to T2 options I found that Mouse is more accurate through T2 than through XIM4.
It's probably by fixed deadzone=20 of XIM.

So from now I'll be using only T2 for mouse/kb translation.
PS4 - Titan2/Titan1 - Xim4 / XIM Apex - Logitech G502 Hero / Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard / Logitech G213 Keyboard - DS4v2
Shaag7
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:04 am

Thank you Shaag7 for your feedback. Truly appreciated.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Gtuner IV Support