Red Dead Redemption fishing

GPC2 script programming for Titan Two. Code examples, questions, requests.

Re: Red Dead Redemption fishing

Postby leonardofelin » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:08 pm

Dimakra666 wrote:What i did is just loaded this script on my titan two and iv tried it nothing works can u plz xplain how do i make it work? Thnx in advance

The script "activates" when you equip the fishing rod. It checks for the following sequence to activate:
- You hold LB/L1 to open the weapons/item wheel.
- You tap RB/R1 to go from weapons to items.
- You hold your right stick to select the fishing rod in the lower right corner.
- You release LB/L1.

This sequence activates the script. Then, all you have to do is cast the line.
- Hold LT/L2.
- Use RT/R2 to launch the lure.

Now the script takes over. It will slowly reel the lure to attract fish. Every 10s, it will tap RT/R2 to further attract the fish (more often than that will scare them). It will detect a full bite from the fish (not the nibbling) and hook the fish with RT/R2. Then it will start fighting the fish and reeling in.

Then you can select to keep the fish or throw it back. This is when the script resets.

You cast again and start over.

The main reason I did not automate casting is because you need to check where the fishes you want are (using Eagle Eye with the fishing rod equipped will highlight the fish) and cast nearby to them. Also, it would be just timers, since there's no feedback from the game for when a cast returns empty or not.
leonardofelin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Chribo » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:35 am

Very good work! Can you please add the fully automatic mode? When I think about programming it, I get blisters in my head.
Chribo
Private
Private

Postby DemonicMods » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:22 am

i get "ERROR line 1: syntax error near unexpected token 'pragma'." when i try to use script. I'm using titan one not sure if that matters or not. If so, could you make it for the titan one?
DemonicMods
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:25 am

DemonicMods wrote:i get "ERROR line 1: syntax error near unexpected token 'pragma'." when i try to use script. I'm using titan one not sure if that matters or not. If so, could you make it for the titan one?

This script makes use of trigonometric functions (sin, cos) and number with decimal that are not available on the Titan One. Unfortunately it can't be converted.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby leonardofelin » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:49 pm

Chribo wrote:Very good work! Can you please add the fully automatic mode? When I think about programming it, I get blisters in my head.

I tried, but there's not enough feedback from the game to fully automate it. It boils down to timers, and they would fail miserably after some time. Bottom line: it's not reliable to fully automate it.

I'm very happy with the assisted features and tested it extensively. I just published it.

@J2Kbr Feel free to improve and add this to the upcoming gamepack if you think it's worthy. The only drawback is people activating it when changing hats, since it's a very similar button combination. É um prazer participar da comunidade.
leonardofelin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Outlaw Brad » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:06 pm

Are these scripts only for Titan Two?

I love RDR 2 and have completed everything but Legendary Fishing.
Outlaw Brad
Private
Private

Previous

Return to GPC2 Script Programming