Need help finding the correct Rapid Fire settings

GPC2 script programming for Titan Two. Code examples, questions, requests.

Re: Need help finding the correct Rapid Fire settings

Postby Sillyasskid » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:57 pm

CM users don't even realize that there combos are not actually 17ms.
By default the wait times for the CM and t1 are at the 10ms resolution. There is a function to override this, but at best it only reduces the wait times to 5ms instead of 10ms.

Either way people setting their wait times to 17ms, are actually waiting 20ms, with the CM or T1.
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby Derivates » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:11 am

Sillyasskid wrote:CM users don't even realize that there combos are not actually 17ms.
By default the wait times for the CM and t1 are at the 10ms resolution. There is a function to override this, but at best it only reduces the wait times to 5ms instead of 10ms.

Either way people setting their wait times to 17ms, are actually waiting 20ms, with the CM or T1.

Good info! Is there any manual formula to convert it? dividing 20/17 drops you 1.176 for ex.
Derivates
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby bonefisher » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:51 am

Unless they change to longer wait time by adding to make 17ms instead of going under the 10ms mark! vm_tctrl(+7); and the fastest I had a T1 was at 2ms because when trying to 1ms the cpu would smoke...lol!
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Sillyasskid » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:33 pm

bonefisher wrote:Unless they change to longer wait time by adding to make 17ms instead of going under the 10ms mark! vm_tctrl(+7); and the fastest I had a T1 was at 2ms because when trying to 1ms the cpu would smoke...lol!

but then that makes all the combos including the script run once every 17ms. lol
Doing this will make the overall response rate over 2x the actual controllers report rate.

vm_tctrl() is only reliable when its set to -5. Setting it any lower does not actually increase the update rate, it will actually increase it.

I connected the CM to my Titan Two, and ran 9 separate scripts on the CM each with different vm_tctrl() timings. Each script ran the same combo.

Script on the CM running, while connected to the Titan Two.
Code: Select all
main{
  vm_tctrl(*) // actual value was slot dependent.
  combo_run(a);
}
combo a {
  set_val(PS4_SQUARE, 100);
  wait(1);
  wait(1000);     
}

Script on the T2 running, with the CM connected.
main {
  if(event_release(16)) printf("%u ms", time_active(16));
}

These are the results I found.
vm_tctrl(-1) updates every 9ms
vm_tctrl(-2) updates run every 8ms  // 125hz, the controllers native report rate.
vm_tctrl(-3) updates run every 7ms
vm_tctrl(-4) updates run every 6ms
vm_tctrl(-5) updates run every 5ms.
vm_tctrl(-6) is the same as vm_tctrl(-4)
vm_tctrl(-7) is the same as vm_tctrl(-3)
vm_tctrl(-8) is the same as vm_tctrl(-2)
vm_tctrl(-9) is the same as vm_tctrl(-1)
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby UK_Wildcats » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:12 pm

Sillyasskid wrote:Image
I'm serious.... :whistling:

Awesome
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby alanmcgregor » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:17 pm

Yup LOL :smile0203: +1
alanmcgregor
Major
Major

Postby Naoki95957 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:03 pm

You can also check the fps the game runs at or if you happen to know the max rpm. For example, a lot of games run 60fps, that means you can spam fire every 16.6666... Or 17ms on/off it would flip-flop every frame. This is probably your max but if a gun fires over 3,600rpm I guess you're screwed.

If a semi-auto gun is max at 400rpm you'd be waiting 150ms per bullet and can again just flip-flop around 150ms for your on/off times. Try playing with it mathematically instead of guessing :smile0517:
Naoki95957
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby UK_Wildcats » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:43 pm

Derivates wrote:Thanks everyone for replying seems like 64ms for HOLD and 15-17ms for release works perfectly fine for a general config in most games. What I find really weird is why some CM users use 17 for both, hmm..

Agree. There are so many different philosophies. You will never know when a button press is in the beginning, middle or end of a frame. Some may believe that you should hold for slightly longer than the frame time or work in half frame times. You even run a blast method like 5mS hold and 5mS release and spam it with signals.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby alanmcgregor » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:36 pm

Starwars Battlefront II that's is a tough cookie, doesn't matter which combo (hold/release) I use, I can't see burst increase, seems there is like cap mechanic on the firing, am I missing something? or should try a different strategy for this type of games.
alanmcgregor
Major
Major

Postby bonefisher » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:35 am

alanmcgregor wrote:Starwars Battlefront II that's is a tough cookie, doesn't matter which combo (hold/release) I use, I can't see burst increase, seems there is like cap mechanic on the firing, am I missing something? or should try a different strategy for this type of games.

These are usually built with the long wait on the release and just test so many burst shots because you'll think you have it and then the third set of burst shots come out then it dogs out. lol! Yeah usually I put these on the money with what the game allows!
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PreviousNext

Return to GPC2 Script Programming