devs please explain how i would make a precise script

GPC2 script programming for Titan Two. Code examples, questions, requests.

devs please explain how i would make a precise script

Postby phild22 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:23 am

devs please explain how i would make a precise script without a combo rec plugin?

absoultely awful and tedious to try to even attempt to do this with a titan two.

example: i want to AKF level in a dark souls game, so I need to run an exact route and have my character do an attack at a certain time.

A script like that is so fucking hard to do with this shitty software provided with the titan two.

I'd have to manually type in all those and test it to get it exact.

where on titan one, combo rec, copy paste and im done.
phild22
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Re: devs please explain how i would make a precise script

Postby Scachi » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:16 am

It is your personal opinion that this piece of software is shitty..

I have no idea how to teach a person with a shitty attitude how to use some piece of software, my personal opinion.

Someone already pointed out how to do it:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12061&p=82093#p82093

Info about the macro interface:
https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... _interface

If you have problems doing what is mentioned in that post tell us where you need more help exactly and we are happy to help as long as you choose more friendly words to do so.

You have to type a single word for testing...
You open the device monitor, click [REC] button, start going the path and doing the attack.
When done hit the [Stop} button and the [Save] button. Now type in the single word..the file name for the macro.

Open the Macro Editor Tab and hit the "Test and Debug" Play button and it will play back the recorded macro.
You should return your char to the start position before starting the playback to test if it will walk the correct path.

If it works you can use the macrorunner example from the Online Resource like mentioned in the linked post to run it from a sd-card/slot from the titan two without using gtuner iv then.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby phild22 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:47 pm

Scachi wrote:It is your personal opinion that this piece of software is shitty..

I have no idea how to teach a person with a shitty attitude how to use some piece of software, my personal opinion.

Someone already pointed out how to do it:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12061&p=82093#p82093

Info about the macro interface:
https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... _interface

If you have problems doing what is mentioned in that post tell us where you need more help exactly and we are happy to help as long as you choose more friendly words to do so.

You have to type a single word for testing...
You open the device monitor, click [REC] button, start going the path and doing the attack.
When done hit the [Stop} button and the [Save] button. Now type in the single word..the file name for the macro.

Open the Macro Editor Tab and hit the "Test and Debug" Play button and it will play back the recorded macro.
You should return your char to the start position before starting the playback to test if it will walk the correct path.

If it works you can use the macrorunner example from the Online Resource like mentioned in the linked post to run it from a sd-card/slot from the titan two without using gtuner iv then.

If it’s so powerful why is it telling me my macro file is too big after a 5-10 second recording?
phild22
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby DontAtMe » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:32 am

What do you mean macro file too big? are you trying to convert a macro to a combo? A combo can have a maximum of 255 waits functions.

By this I mean.

You are likely trying to select more than 255 nodes from the macro editor,

The device monitor records at a resolution of 10ms. So analog inputs such as your thumb sticks, or even active gyro/accelerometer inputs will be recorded.

Every 10ms the recorder checks all input values from the controller for any changes.

If any changes are detected, a new node will be made. again this happens every 10ms.

When converting part of a macro to a combo, keep in mind that each node will be converted to a wait() function.

Make sure to uncheck any unwanted inputs from the macro editor, This will make them disappear from the timeline.
This will reduce the amount of nodes. If you are on PS4. Be sure to unchecked the GYRO_ and ACCEL_ inputs.

If you are still reaching the limit, then you should copy the macro in bits.

Instead of trying to copy a 20-30 second chunk.
Try copying 5 seconds. Then paste the combo inside your script, then go back to the macro editor, and copy an additional 5 seconds.

Repeat this process.

Lastly if you have an micro SD card, You can install these macro files directly to the card, and have the Titan Two replay the whole macro.

The actual time limit of a binary macro is over 24 days long.
DontAtMe
Captain
Captain

Postby antithesis » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:53 am

I agree, Macros are not as intuitive as they could be in Gtuner IV. However, don't convert a macro to GPC, it's not needed. Record it to micro-SD and run it from there. If it's not right, record it again.

Scachi created a macro recording and playback script called MacroRecPlay. All you need is a micro-SD card to use it. It can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be.

I also created a simple Macro Runner script. Record your macro to micro-SD, or to PC / Mac & drag it from File Explorer to Macro Explorer in Gtuner IV. Download and edit the Macro Runner script - all you need to do is change the macro file name, install Macro Runner to Titan Two, select the slot, then click L3 + R3 to run it.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby phild22 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:50 pm

DontAtMe wrote:What do you mean macro file too big? are you trying to convert a macro to a combo? A combo can have a maximum of 255 waits functions.

By this I mean.

You are likely trying to select more than 255 nodes from the macro editor,

The device monitor records at a resolution of 10ms. So analog inputs such as your thumb sticks, or even active gyro/accelerometer inputs will be recorded.

Every 10ms the recorder checks all input values from the controller for any changes.

If any changes are detected, a new node will be made. again this happens every 10ms.

When converting part of a macro to a combo, keep in mind that each node will be converted to a wait() function.

Make sure to uncheck any unwanted inputs from the macro editor, This will make them disappear from the timeline.
This will reduce the amount of nodes. If you are on PS4. Be sure to unchecked the GYRO_ and ACCEL_ inputs.

If you are still reaching the limit, then you should copy the macro in bits.

Instead of trying to copy a 20-30 second chunk.
Try copying 5 seconds. Then paste the combo inside your script, then go back to the macro editor, and copy an additional 5 seconds.

Repeat this process.

Lastly if you have an micro SD card, You can install these macro files directly to the card, and have the Titan Two replay the whole macro.

The actual time limit of a binary macro is over 24 days long.

'

thats an awful tedious process doing it in "bits"
phild22
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby DontAtMe » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:58 am

phild22 wrote:thats an awful tedious process doing it in "bits"

Binary Macros are designed to run directly off the Titan Two. A micro SD card is required for this.

If you want your recordings to play longer you will need a Micro SD Card. If you don't already have one lying around,

Then you will need to purchase one, they are not to hard to find in stores.

You can find them easily online, especially off amazon for as little as $5 dollars.
https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-microSD ... B00200K1TS

Once you have your Micro SD card, just insert it into the the back of the Titan Two. Where it is properly labelled.

After you finished recording your macros, you can then save them to the SD card.
If you want to run them from inside your script, you can do so using the macro_run() function.
DontAtMe
Captain
Captain

Return to GPC2 Script Programming