Script Conversion?

GPC2 script programming for Titan Two. Code examples, questions, requests.

Script Conversion?

Postby Thoughtless » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:16 pm

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone with knowlege on this could help me out. I have made some scripts for Mortal Kombat in the past using things like Script Manipulator and Combo Maker but I never could quite get the timing down. I have both a device Max Plus and a Titan Two, except there is a much larger pool of scripts for the device max, at least for Mortal Komba. I like to use my device except for the fact that my headset does not work with it as Iit plugs into the controller and it is not supported with a connection through the controller. I love my Titan Two, except I am not great by any means at making MK11 scripts for it.

So I find myself in a corner with either device. My last and most convenient option is to use the large array of scripts already made for the device and just use them on my Titan Two. I have tried numerous times to port a device script to my Titan Two, one of such ways is the tool available here: https://www.consoletuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=12027 But every time I successfully convert a device script to a Titan Two script, if I don't have any compilation errors at run time, then I certainly will have some error such as it not working in game, or only partially working.

I have tried to simply edit the scripts manually to convert them to Titan Two scripts by adding in the
"#include <titanone.gph>"
But when I add this in, I will usually get either one or more errors making me then rename functions or delete the "int switch" and then this leads to it compiling but not actually working as it should once again.

My primary question is this: is there any like 'surefire' methodology or program to easily convert scripts back and forth between devices that I am unaware of? Because quite often I will see some premium script developers create a script for each device and I am not sure whether they actually go through and take the time to remake the whole script or simply port it...

Thanks for taking the time to read this and any response is greatly appreciated.
Thoughtless
Private
Private

Re: Script Conversion?

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:23 am

Welcome to our community.

Fighting games usually requires precising times, specially of with combos. One think you should have in mind is the Titan Two scripts runs much faster than previous generation devices. On the Titan Two the main block is executed at least once every ms, while the previous generation device run the main block one time each 10ms.

With that in mind, once you have the script converted and compiling on Gtuner IV without errors, go to each combo and add a wait(9); at the end for the combo be executed exactly as in your other device.

If you need help, please post one of your scripts here. :smile0517:
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to GPC2 Script Programming