Question for those with a XIM device

GPC2 script programming for Titan Two. Code examples, questions, requests.

Question for those with a XIM device

Postby bt1740 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:45 am

So if you've ever used a XIM before, you know that there is something called 'Turn Assist'. You can bind a key to this and whenever you hold onto that key and move your mouse left or right, aslong as your mouse is still moving in that direction it will emulate a controller moving for you. I was wondering if anyone knew how to programatically replicate this?
bt1740
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Question for those with a XIM device

Postby antithesis » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:48 pm

I've used XIMs for 10 years and have never found a viable use case for Turn Assist. It may be helpful for driving / aiming tanks and for very slow skydiving turning in Black Ops 4, but not for regular gameplay.

Note that Turn Assist is designed to work when the mouse is not moving, i.e. with TA activated your crosshair will continue to move in the last registered direction even when the mouse has stopped. Further input from the mouse will stop TA.

I'm sure it can be done programmatically in a GPC.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby bt1740 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:57 pm

antithesis wrote:I've used XIMs for 10 years and have never found a viable use case for Turn Assist. It may be helpful for driving / aiming tanks and for very slow skydiving turning in Black Ops 4, but not for regular gameplay.

Note that Turn Assist is designed to work when the mouse is not moving, i.e. with TA activated your crosshair will continue to move in the last registered direction even when the mouse has stopped. Further input from the mouse will stop TA.

I'm wanting to learn how to do this because I believe it will help with looking around (for COD, not ADS'd). Right now you either play on a high sens and people can tell you're using a XIM, or you are forced to play on a low HIP sens and have a harder time rushing and checking corners. Perhaps something like this will work..
bt1740
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby bt1740 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:22 pm

antithesis wrote:I've used XIMs for 10 years and have never found a viable use case for Turn Assist. It may be helpful for driving / aiming tanks and for very slow skydiving turning in Black Ops 4, but not for regular gameplay.

I've done a bit more work on this and was looking for your opinion. Not sure if I explained myself properly last time, but the reason I wanted to do this was because I wanted to make my movements look like controller and because I run out of space a lot on my mousepad when playing games like cod and moving around the map a lot because i dont play on a very high sens. So what I was thinking of was something like (and this is untested code so i might be missing a couple key things as i type this on my phone)
Code: Select all

if(mouse_get(M2_BUTTON) == FALSE) // not sure if thats the correct identifier atm, but when not ADS'd
    if(abs(mouse_get(MOUSE_X)) > 50)  //if im moving it to the point where im actually trying to look around
          key_set(KEY_Z, TRUE);    // Set turn assist key as Z in xim device, and this activates it

This way if I swipe too fast, it will not work and limit me to the turn assists maximum cap. If I move a bit slow tho, i can still take advantage of looking around as if i am on controller. If i want to stop the turn assist motion, i simply stop moving my mouse < 50 on x.
bt1740
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Mad » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:16 pm

The XIM is still limited to the in game sens, you cant go higher than the controller. You shouldn't be worried about that.

Since your using the XIM the script would be more like:
Code: Select all
main {
  if(!is_active(BUTTON_8)) {
    if(get_actual(STICK_1_X) < -50f || get_actual(STICK_1_X) > 50f) {
      set_val(SOME_BUTTON, 100);
    }
  }
}

If the turn assist key isn't bound to a controller button you can use a sensitivity script for the same affect.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Return to GPC2 Script Programming