Titan Two firmware vendoor ID change?

GPC2 script programming for Titan Two. Code examples, questions, requests.

Titan Two firmware vendoor ID change?

Postby tatoforever » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:07 pm

Hi,
Is there a way to change the firmware ID of Titan Two through GTunner? Like the vendor ID, etc?
The reason is that someone at some point will start to detect it and block it but if we can change it it would be mission impossible to block it? Please correct me if I'm wrong about it?
Also, is there a possibility for any OS to know what device is plug in the Titan Two? Like for instance I have a corsair keyboard with macros inside (that performs combinations of keys). Can the OS or the console software detect that I'm using that corsair keyboard on Titan Two?
Thankyou for this wonderful product.
tatoforever
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: Titan Two firmware vendoor ID change?

Postby antithesis » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:56 am

Titan Two registers itself as the genuine controller attached to it. That's why a controller is required for authentication - T2 borrows the ID of the controller.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:18 am

tatoforever wrote:Can the OS or the console software detect that I'm using that corsair keyboard on Titan Two?

No, the computer/console cannot detect which devices are attached to the Titan Two.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby tatoforever » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:25 am

Indeed,
I scanned all the usb devices attached to my computer and my keyboard and Titan both have different VIDs PIDs.
So there's no way to define in our program VID/PID hardware id values? This is just an extra protection in case the Titan start to get blacklisted.
Thanks,
tatoforever
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:27 am

I truly don't think black listing the Titan Two will ever happen. This would be a very ineffective counter measure, as we can easily change the VID:PID to anything, including to emulate an existing product. And, if blocking this too, they would be also blocking the real product. Really, there is nothing to worry on this regard. :smile0517:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby tatoforever » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:40 am

Awesome! :smile0203:
I saw couple of games blacklisting gaming devices on PC.
Still would be awesome if we can set the IDS inside our programs. That would be king. :a1chill_angry1:
tatoforever
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby paname » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:11 pm

Any project on this ? it is not about blacklisting of the device but about some studio just banning user with specific vid/pid connected because the device is identified as cheat.

Can we have a feature to proxy the port A device vid/pid to out port ?
paname
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:48 am

paname wrote:Can we have a feature to proxy the port A device vid/pid to out port ?

This already happens when the device is running in full passthru mode. :smile0517:

The only VID:PID that could be used to detect the Titan Two is when the device is set to "USB Multi HID Interface" (keyboard / mouse emulation). Even for this case, it is very improbable that will ever happens.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to GPC2 Script Programming