Connecting a controller AND a keyboard as hybrid input

GPC2 script programming for Titan Two. Code examples, questions, requests.

Connecting a controller AND a keyboard as hybrid input

Postby brendan34 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:55 pm

Hi,

So there is a commercial device called a mixbox. It's basically an arcade fight stick, except that instead of the stick on the left, it has four keyboard style WASD keys. Apparently it's really cool and maybe more precise or something.

Anyway, it's also relatively expensive (about $250). I also own a couple arcade fightsticks and a couple keyboards.

I was wondering if it was possible to use the Titan Two to simulate that, by plugging in both the stick (as a primary device) and the keyboard (as a secondary device) in the titan two, and mapping the up/down/left/right keys of the keyboard to be aliases to the controller directions. That way I can have my right hand on the stick, and my left hand on the side of the keyboard, and while they would be a little bit more apart than in the real thing, it would be a real nice way to test it out ...

Before I get into trying this, I basically wonder if it's even a possibility at all. Anyone else ever did a combined device set-up?
brendan34
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Connecting a controller AND a keyboard as hybrid input

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:29 pm

brendan34 wrote:I was wondering if it was possible to use the Titan Two to simulate that, by plugging in both the stick (as a primary device) and the keyboard (as a secondary device) in the titan two, and mapping the up/down/left/right keys of the keyboard to be aliases to the controller directions.

Yes, what you are describing is possible with the Titan Two. :smile0517:
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Connecting a controller AND a keyboard as hybrid input

Postby pablosscripts » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:13 am

Keyboard, even a Tenkeyless, next to a fight stick would be mammoth.

Get yourself a wireless numpad.
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Return to GPC2 Script Programming