Nintendo Switch Ring-Con Push/Pull programming

GPC2 script programming for Titan Two. Code examples, questions, requests.

Nintendo Switch Ring-Con Push/Pull programming

Postby MENGKESHI » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:20 pm

Does anyone know how the Ring-con measures push/pull strength (in Ring Fit Adventure)? I'm guessing it may have something to do with the IR camera and your left hand but am unable to find any confirmation...

I've managed to get push/pull working as a firing mechanic by creating arrays of all ACCEL values (X, Y and Z) and activating the button when there is a spike in the average ACCEL values over a set period of time. However this does not differentiate if the ring is being pulled or pushed. It also doesn't measure the push/pull value and can be activated by shaking the ring (although I have some ideas about how to sort out this final issue).

Just wondering if anyone has any experience or ideas about this?

Thanks!
MENGKESHI
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Nintendo Switch Ring-Con Push/Pull programming

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:51 am

I don't have this game. However, after watching couple videos, it seems the movement sensing is based only on the Joycon motion sensor (accelerometer and gyroscope).

What you can do to test is record the motion sensor values over time (Gtuner -> Device Monitor -> REC), saving as macro file and then play this file back to check if the same results are reproduced in the game.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Nintendo Switch Ring-Con Push/Pull programming

Postby MENGKESHI » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:25 pm

Interesting, thanks for the response. That's a good idea, I'll try it and let you know what I find, thanks!
MENGKESHI
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Return to GPC2 Script Programming