Need assistance creating a pokemon script

GPC2 script programming for Titan Two. Code examples, questions, requests.

Need assistance creating a pokemon script

Postby Neo86 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:51 pm

Hi Guys,

New to the scene and still trying to understand how the titan two works and how to use it. Basically looking to create a script for Pokemon sword and shield on the switch where i can skip 1 day at a time incrementally as well a the month and year as it comes at the end of the 30-31 days or at the end of 12 months. i know there is something similar out where you can farm watts and it sort of does the day/frame skip exploit but what i'm after is a little different. Basically what i want it to do is:

From the game:
Press the home button
navigate to the system settings
scroll down to the system tab
move right and scroll down to the "date and time" tab
Hit "A" to open it, scroll down to date and time tab again
Hit "A" to open it move one day forward and then scroll right to hit okay to confirm and close that tab
but rather than hitting the home button again and returning to the game. I need it to stay in the same place after hitting ok and closing the previous tab.
Then i want it to hit "A" again opening the date and time tab, then moving one day forward again and then scrolling right and hitting okay. basically i just want it to repeat that step over and over again! skipping days, months and years that way without actually going back into the game.
want to be able to do it indefinitely or be able to set a number of skips, say like 500 or 2000.

not sure if anyone has already possibly created this or something similar out there, or if they can assist me to create this not sure how difficult it may be but any assistance on it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)
Neo86
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Need assistance creating a pokemon script

Postby Mad » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:29 pm

Welcome. :smile0201:

It'll be easier for you to record a macro to get the timings right. https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... _interface
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby Neo86 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:06 pm

Thank you Mad,

i'll look into it and give it a try. if i have any issues i'll come back to you.
Neo86
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Scorpadox » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:50 am

I'm working on a similar script. I've already figured out how to adjust the day, month, and year (including leap year).
I've also coded the ability to go from in-game to the settings and change the date once and return to the game.

What you're asking for was high in my priority list. My first priority was to set up a 3x single day skip and host a shiny raid before quitting and restarting.

I've been pretty hung up on getting as fast of times possible, and it "works" a majority of the time, but due to some odd timings between the Titan Two and the Switch, sometimes button presses get missed or happen at the wrong time and I end up stuck in a sub-menu.

I do agree with Mad though, recording a Macro is 'easier', but I've never been a fan of human errors getting recorded, not to mention slow human timing.
Much is demanded of those to whom much has been given.
Scorpadox
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby Neo86 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:44 am

Scorpadox wrote:I'm working on a similar script. I've already figured out how to adjust the day, month, and year (including leap year).
I've also coded the ability to go from in-game to the settings and change the date once and return to the game.

What you're asking for was high in my priority list. My first priority was to set up a 3x single day skip and host a shiny raid before quitting and restarting.

I've been pretty hung up on getting as fast of times possible, and it "works" a majority of the time, but due to some odd timings between the Titan Two and the Switch, sometimes button presses get missed or happen at the wrong time and I end up stuck in a sub-menu.

I do agree with Mad though, recording a Macro is 'easier', but I've never been a fan of human errors getting recorded, not to mention slow human timing.

Hi Scorpadox,
Thanks for the reply, yeah i'm pretty new to the scripting and writing up code stuff atm so been watching and reading tutorials, still trying to get my head around it. if you do complete your script for it and we'd be willing to share it would be greatly appreciated :)
Neo86
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Scorpadox » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:16 pm

Neo86 wrote: be willing to share it

Will do. I'll share the code so others can learn from it and improve upon it. I expect to have something working by this weekend.
Much is demanded of those to whom much has been given.
Scorpadox
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby Neo86 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:48 am

Scorpadox wrote:

Will do. I'll share the code so others can learn from it and improve upon it. I expect to have something working by this weekend.

thanks so much, look forward to see what you come up with :smile0202:
Neo86
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Neo86 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:56 am

Scorpadox wrote:

Hey Scorpadox,
Were you able to create a working script for this by any chance? Thanks
Neo86
Corporal
Corporal

Return to GPC2 Script Programming