Mega guide to converting your old scripts for Titan Two

GPC2 script programming for Titan Two. Code examples, questions, requests.

Re: Mega guide to converting your old scripts for Titan Two

Postby FCB77 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:27 pm

pablogroup wrote:
FCB77 wrote:maybe you didnt define NOT_USE
Code: Select all
#define NOT_USE 0;

This didn't work but the following code did! Thanks for the suggestion, it lead me in the right direction.

fix32 NOT_USE;

i just checked and i see the problem
if you use a ";" and the end of the define sentence, the compiler will throw an error
#define NOT_USE        0; //<--- error extra ";"
sensitivity(STICK_1_X, (fix32)NOT_USE, (fix32)0); //error

but if you remove the ";" from #define it will compile just fine.
#define NOT_USE        0
sensitivity(STICK_1_X, (fix32)NOT_USE, (fix32)0);
FCB77
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby pablosscripts » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:22 pm

Ah ok old habits die hard. I'm so used to GPC1.
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:31 pm

UK_Wildcats_Fans wrote:
J2Kbr wrote:
paname wrote:I prefer to keep a simple main {} with various function call but I noticed that in void functions() if i don't put a final 'return' statement at the end of each function , they behave oddly and the script may "freeze" randomly with cpu at 10% on the monitor instead of the usual 2/3% and if some combo was running it keep running..

EDIT: i traced the exact behaviour to my script starting working normally at 2/3% CPU then raising slowly even if i'm doing nothing and then "freeze" at 10% for that particular slot (test and debug or 1/2/3), other slot aren't unaffected , if i switch back to "freeze" slot and come back script is still freezed. it is as if some loop might be building up cpu usage..

I published the offending script causing this for debug purpose. (v1.05)

You possible found a bug. I have never experienced this because I always use return, even if the function returns void. Thanks for publishing the script. I will be debuging this after get back to my office (sept 20th).

EDIT: I added this bug to the GitHub issues tracker:
https://github.com/J2Kbr/GtunerIV/issues/2

For now, should we include a "return;" at the end of each function? See the below example.

void ColorLED(char Color) {
    fix32 Color1, Color2, Color3, Color4;
    int Blink;
    Blink = 0; //mS
    if(Color == 'B'){Color1 = LED_Intensity;     Color2 = 0.0;                 Color3 = 0.0;                 Color4 = 0.0;}
    if(Color == 'R'){Color1 = 0.0;                 Color2 = LED_Intensity;     Color3 = 0.0;                 Color4 = 0.0;}
    if(Color == 'G'){Color1 = 0.0;                 Color2 = 0.0;                 Color3 = LED_Intensity;     Color4 = 0.0;}
    if(Color == 'P'){Color1 = 0.0;                 Color2 = 0.0;                 Color3 = 0.0;                 Color4 = LED_Intensity;}
    if(Color == 'C'){Color1 = LED_Intensity;     Color2 = 0.0;                 Color3 = LED_Intensity;     Color4 = 0.0;}
    if(Color == 'Y'){Color1 = 0.0;                 Color2 = LED_Intensity;     Color3 = LED_Intensity;     Color4 = 0.0;}
    if(Color == 'W'){Color1 = LED_Intensity;     Color2 = LED_Intensity;     Color3 = LED_Intensity;     Color4 = LED_Intensity;}
    led_set(LED_1,Color1,Blink);
    led_set(LED_2,Color2,Blink);
    led_set(LED_3,Color3,Blink);
    led_set(LED_4,Color4,Blink);
    return;
}

Alright, after some investigation on this issue it turned out that what is causing the non-responsiveness of the controller is not the lack of 'return', but the indiscriminately call of 'led_set', which generates a flood of reports to send to controller, compromising the ability of the controller to operate normally.

'led_set', as well as 'ffb_set', should only be called when there is actual change, not at every interaction of 'main' routine. The Titan Two VM runs in "free" mode, meaning the 'main' routine is called whenever is possible, which is many times per millisecond, if led_led is called every time it will generate a huge amount of data to send to the controller.

I suggest change the code to only call 'set_led' when it is required update the leds status.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby The_Rabid_Taco » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:45 pm

That does explain a lot. I've had to refactor code a few times due to things freezing after a while. I had a feeling it was due to the nature of hitting it to often, but have always been able to move it, as suggested, to a spot where it was only called when necessary rather than every time. It didn't seem to be a bug as this is common in any application development. Thanks for confirming that I was on the right track!
The_Rabid_Taco
Major
Major

Postby MaxRat08 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:58 pm

Does anyone know the equivalent to the get_console() and get_controller() commands on the Titan Two? Any help is appreciated.
MaxRat08
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:02 pm

the controller/console info can be retried using the function port_status. I will publish an example showing how to use it.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby ytt42 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:56 am

Is it possible to create user defined functions with the titan 2?
ytt42
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby pablosscripts » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:11 am

ytt42 wrote:Is it possible to create user defined functions with the titan 2?

Yup but the format is slightly different. Check out a few code samples in the Online Resources section.
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Kdtrey5 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:21 am

Any plans to make a CMD or a program that converts T1 gpc TO T2 gpc and vise versa ?
Kdtrey5
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby bonefisher » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:42 am

Kdtrey5 wrote:Any plans to make a CMD or a program that converts T1 gpc TO T2 gpc and vise versa ?

Here look at this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6515

You'll be able to quick and easy convert T1 to T2 but not T2 to T1.. :smile0517:
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PreviousNext

Return to GPC2 Script Programming